What should this cost?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I'm thinking about having this done as work is friggin killing me & I just can't seem to get time to do the right research & DIY. My local dealer has changed service staff so I'm a little squeemish about it, but can y'all share opinion on what these services should cost - that might be a sanity check for me when talking to the service guy. My car is an 03, just hit 18K mis & I want to freshen her up.

Brake fluid flush & fill
Power steering fluid drain & fill
Coolant flush & fill
Diff drain & fill (I'm assuming that's what 'rear axle fluid' is refering to in the manual)
Maybe trans drain & fill (thoughts?)

Poly mounts (I'l buy from JonB I guess) install, engine/trans (thoughts)
Install my SVS shifter from the bottom
I'm thinking to grab a set of Hawks pads while I'm at it.

Really appreciate input on costs & recommendations as always!:2tu:

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, for local guys, my dealer is Ourisman at RT32 & 108, there was a guy there prior named Ryan Wertz who semed to be real good, but now I just don't know them, anyone heard anything about them or another place, happy to get the input. (why did Heffner have to leave MD!!)

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For coolant, diff and trans I would say about an hour each plus fluid, which is waht I paid. The mounts are $290 plus 2-3 hours to install.
So $600 in labor for the above from my personal experience this pass February. parts 290 for mounts and whatever for fluids which might be cheaper from the dealer and I was only charged $3 for syn. mobile one oil per quart.
From what I hear and ready, changing the brake pads can be a DIY as well as the mounts. I would assume at a dealer about 1-1.5 areas for brake pad change. Chuck also recommends changing the rotors when changing brake pads FYI.

I dont know the cost of the shifter install but to drop the trans and reinstall my viper tech did it in 2 hours. Very quick I think. So I would think the shifter should take no more then one hour to install so 3 hours total to drop trans, change shifter and reinstall trans.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW, for local guys, my dealer is Ourisman at RT32 & 108, there was a guy there prior named Ryan Wertz who semed to be real good, but now I just don't know them, anyone heard anything about them or another place, happy to get the input. (why did Heffner have to leave MD!!)

I know man why did Heffner have to leave. I used to hang at his shop years ago when I had my Lotus Esprit TT he was always so nice and fun to chat with.

As far as local stuff goes I do know that Laurel Dodge DOES have a Viper tech. I have no idea if he is any good but just letting you know. I was over there yesterday.

Andy

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for posts and ***, huge help as always!

Andy, I know, Jason worked 2 of my mustangs and my Gen2, real bummer. Ourisman used to have one of Jason's guys working there, but that was 3 yrs ago and when I stopped by just to talk to the 'new' service guy I said I'd be calling to get some service costs & wanted his card, he said 'no worries, I'll have one of my 2 best guys work on it', I was like Oh you have 2 viper techs, and he stammered a bit - i didn't get a warm and fuzzy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235