New Member introduction - and, Viper SRT-10 Reproduction wheels interest ?

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How's it going folks. I've been a member of this forum for a little bit now but I haven't been posting very frequently due to membership issues (Thanks for the help ViperTony!). First off I'd like to introduce myself, My name is Adreis .. I live in New York (Queens), and I'm 24 years old. I own a Silver SRT-10 Viper and a Le mans blue C6 Z06. I've recently decided to purchase a set of wheels for the Viper whether it be aftermarket or OEM and have realized that there is no such thing as a decently priced set. I have a reproduction set of OEM Style wheels/sizes in a competition gray finish on the Z06 that was very reasonably priced ($1200) and has stood up to the test of NYC streets. The wheels are manufactured by corvette-wheels.com, I spoke to Jason of corvette-wheels.com about the interest in Viper SRT-10 specific sets and he seemed more then willing to get the ball rolling if there was enough interest. I personally can't stand the look of the 10 spoke 03-06 wheels and I'm sure others agree that there are a few more visually pleasing OEM sets available for the Viper. I'd personally like to get a set of ACR style or the new 9 spoke design style wheels made but obviously this is a group decision. I'd like to hear back from you guys (and gals) about the likelihood of this idea and the amount of interest. Thank you all, hope to stay a Viper owner for the rest of my life!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's it going folks. I've been a member of this forum for a little bit now but I haven't been posting very frequently due to membership issues (Thanks for the help ViperTony!). First off I'd like to introduce myself, My name is Adreis .. I live in New York (Queens), and I'm 24 years old. I own a Silver SRT-10 Viper and a Le mans blue C6 Z06. I've recently decided to purchase a set of wheels for the Viper whether it be aftermarket or OEM and have realized that there is no such thing as a decently priced set. I have a reproduction set of OEM Style wheels/sizes in a competition gray finish on the Z06 that was very reasonably priced ($1200) and has stood up to the test of NYC streets. The wheels are manufactured by corvette-wheels.com, I spoke to Jason of corvette-wheels.com about the interest in Viper SRT-10 specific sets and he seemed more then willing to get the ball rolling if there was enough interest. I personally can't stand the look of the 10 spoke 03-06 wheels and I'm sure others agree that there are a few more visually pleasing OEM sets available for the Viper. I'd personally like to get a set of ACR style or the new 9 spoke design style wheels made but obviously this is a group decision. I'd like to hear back from you guys (and gals) about the likelihood of this idea and the amount of interest. Thank you all, hope to stay a Viper owner for the rest of my life!!

Hi and welcome Andreis! Interesting idea. We're always looking for new vendors who may be able to provide quality merchandise without the typical "Viper tax".

Hopefully it will get some "traction".

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I personally would not be interested because the 10 spokes look very classy
On the verts. Not so much on the coupes.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome NYCSnake~! (Like CITYSNAKE...lol!) Are you thinking of joining our Region for the fun events that are coming up? If so, you can call JRT/Viper HQ to sign up: 1-800-998-1110.
Congratulations on your Silvert SRT (what year is it?). We have a friend who has the LeMans Blue Z06/Commemorative Edition. Enjoy your new BEAST, there is no comparison to the Z06~! (Which we have had before, kudos on owning both!) :)
~juli

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Adreis. I would be interested in whatever rim options your friend produces especially if they are lightweight (15-20 lbs front, 20-25 lbs rear) and suitable for track use.

/Rich

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, nice cars ... and plenty young enough to enjoy them a long time!
Great ideas. I have the stock 10 spokes, I know many like them, to me they are the only thing I don't like about my car (hate them actually). I sooooo want a set of the polished ACR / copperhead wheels, but at nearly $4K/set, I just can't do it. If there were an alternative, closer to $2K than $4K, was safe for track days & was no heavier, preferrably lighter, than the stockers ... I'd buy in a heartbeat. PS: the only stockers I like less than my 10 spokes, is the Razor, ugh. Absolutely no offense to the Razor fans .. just IMHO. When you say new 9 spoke, I don't think I've seen that one, the new 6 spoke looks cool but haven't seen it in person ... do you have a pic for the 9 spoke?

Thanx again for bringing this idea to the forum.

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for warm welcome! Excuse my mistake, I meant the new 6 spoke design, I'm thinking more along the lines of Z06 with their new 9 spoke. Would a replica set of ACR wheels interest anyone? It would be available in many finishes and color schemes. Only drawback to this would be getting 25 committed buyers before anything takes place. I will keep track of this post and possibly create another one in the General section if needed. I will try to get more information about the weight of the wheels and track worthiness. Hope to join some of the local meets and cruises in the near future.

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi and welcome Andreis! Interesting idea. We're always looking for new vendors who may be able to provide quality merchandise without the typical "Viper tax".

Hopefully it will get some "traction".

Hey there, I'm pretty sure I've met you at a Bellmore meet when you first picked up your Gen IV vert. I don't know if you remember or not. Anyhow, nice to meet you again lol.

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far what are the cheapest wheels?

Forgeline and SSR's ?

PartsRack.com - Home

Yes, SSR's would be the cheapest available right now. SSR's are about $2400 a set, The Z06 repro's are $900-$1200 a set for the vettes. Hopefully if we can get this going, We'd be looking at $1200-$1300/set. Pretty resonable and within budget for an additional set of wheels.

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha, I wish I profited off of this. I merely contacted a company that offered wheels for the Corvettes in hopes of benefiting the Viper owners. Lets just hope we have enough interest.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally bought H-Spokes to replace my stock 10-Spokes, but from what I hear, the 5-Spokes are the most popular, with the 6-Spokes being newer, better looking, and as light as Sidewinders(ACR) wheels, generating a lot of interest.

The hard thing is getting people to agree on ONE style, before you move forward.:cool:

Great idea by the way!:2tu:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Check out the schedule of events that the NY/CT region has lined up for this summer and come on out.

I happen to LIKE the looks of the 10 spoke 03-06 wheels so I wouldn't be interested in getting into a group buy at this time.

Bob

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I might be interested in black powdercoated h spoke wheels but would not commit until i saw them and knew they were safe on the track.

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see all of the New Yorkers in this thread, interesting. Thanks again for the welcome, hope to meet all soon enough. I will forward to ideas to the wheels maker and hopefully have him chime in on this thread as far as production and whatnot goes. I personally like the new 6 spoke design with probably a graphite finish. Just hope we have enough interest to make this happen, the Viper and Corvette tax is killing me!

P.S. Anyone here that drives a black 08' Coupe around the College Point/Whitestone area ? Seems to be around the industrial/Pepsi factory area.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see all of the New Yorkers in this thread, interesting. Thanks again for the welcome, hope to meet all soon enough. I will forward to ideas to the wheels maker and hopefully have him chime in on this thread as far as production and whatnot goes. I personally like the new 6 spoke design with probably a graphite finish. Just hope we have enough interest to make this happen, the Viper and Corvette tax is killing me!

P.S. Anyone here that drives a black 08' Coupe around the College Point/Whitestone area ? Seems to be around the industrial/Pepsi factory area.

You probably can't go wrong with the new 6 spoke. It looks good, is light, and gives an updated look to all vipers ... should be a popular choice. I'd be in.:2tu:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a full set of 5 spoke brand new in the box if anyone is interested. I had a set a couple years back that i sold to a guy and this forum. I was going to keep them but if price was right i may let them go. PM me if interested

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You probably can't go wrong with the new 6 spoke. It looks good, is light, and gives an updated look to all vipers ... should be a popular choice. I'd be in.:2tu:

Thank you sir, I shall keep that in mind. Hopefully I can get Jason to chime in and start some sort of list. Looking forward to the finished product!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing that's really nice about Viper aftermarket parts is that most are extremely high quality and made here in the US. Hopefully these wheels you are talking about are not going to be the typical "Made in China" knockoff. Yes it's just my opinion :usa:

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in the new 6spokes at the price you mentioned if they were oe quality.
I had Tomball put the 6spokes on my 08 and think they look great.

Eagles

OP
OP
N

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I agree that names like CCW, HRE, Iforged are outstanding in quality and build you also have to remember that they are equally outstanding in price. Majority of the owners here hardly EVER track their cars, I know I don't. To have a $1200 option of some "bling" street wheels is very accepting in opinion. But, as stated earlier this is just a feeler thread.. nothings set in stone. If everyone is really interested in a track dedicated set of wheels that's light rigid and cheap I'd say were on a wild goose chase. We'll see where this ends up. Thanks for the comments.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Choice is a bad thing, the more choice you have the more confused you get. The majority of people don't have the ability to look at different options in life or on their cars and make a decision for themselves. That's why many members don't want to be confused by you. This is also why we voted in the Democrats, there is no longer any need to think or choose for yourself, Thank God, oops I mean thank those who choose for us.