VCA Referral Program a Scam?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's going on with the VCA Referral program? The person/member who convinced me to buy a brand new ACR and spend $100k+ instead of a used Coupe for $65k has still not received his $1000. He even went out and spent his own money for service to his car as per the program so he could get reimbursed the $1000, and he still has nothing.

Questions:

Has anyone received their referral monies?
Why has there been no response from the club in almost 2 months on this issue?
When can the referrers expect their money?
How long will it take for this thread to be closed, moved or buried.

thanks!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buried in less than 3 minutes...... at least one question was answered.....

Calm down. :rolleyes: I moved it here to keep it with the other thread on the same topic. Additionally, VCA headquarters is in the best position to look into your inquiries. Have you tried calling VCA headquarters on this issue? What was their response?

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a look around in here and in the VCA member area, no responses to the same questions in months.... hence the post.... thanks for helping out.... :rolleyes:

Calm down. :rolleyes: I moved it here to keep it with the other thread on the same topic. Additionally, VCA headquarters is in the best position to look into your inquiries. Have you tried calling VCA headquarters on this issue? What was their response?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a look around in here and in the VCA member area, no responses to the same questions in months.... hence the post.... thanks for helping out.... :rolleyes:

So, did you actually call VCA headquarters or not? Or are you here just to make accusations? :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have reached out to VCA HQ on Brook's behalf and he should get a reply shortly. I know the VCA has not been monitoring this very closely, as it was a Dodge/SRT promotion that was being administered outside of the VCA. We will definitely keep closer tabs on it going forward!

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you!

I have reached out to VCA HQ on Brook's behalf and he should get a reply shortly. I know the VCA has not been monitoring this very closely, as it was a Dodge/SRT promotion that was being administered outside of the VCA. We will definitely keep closer tabs on it going forward!

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have received a response from Viper HQ, thanks again for the prompt response..... looks like everything should work itself out soon....

of course of my "Scam" post title was sarcastic, just wanted to get some attention to this...

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their patience regarding this program. We know this has taken a lot longer than originally anticipated. This entire program has been out of the control of VCA Headquarters, however we have been doing our best to help facilitate where possible. The most up to date information we have is that Chrysler has now approved the release of the reimbursement funds for the VCA Sales Contest Referral Program. Step 2 involves the funds being made available for VCA Headquarters to access in order to reimburse participants. We anticipate this process to be completed within the next 2-3 weeks. For those that have already submitted their receipts, you will be reimbursed immediately upon availability of the funds from Chrysler.

Most importantly, thank you for being such a wonderful brand ambassador. Although there have been a few unforeseen bumps along the road, you’ve made a difference by referring a Viper sale and the Corporation extends it gratitude for that accomplishment.

If you have any questions, please call us at 800-998-1110.

Posted on behalf of Fiona McKenna - VCA Headquarters

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, did you actually call VCA headquarters or not? Or are you here just to make accusations? :rolleyes:

More than likely, after two months, FikseGTS was looking for some action to be taken . . . not more questions and barbs. Reference the post by Y2K5SRT for info on the "How to" should you face this type of situation again.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than likely, after two months, FikseGTS was looking for some action to be taken . . . not more questions and barbs. Reference the post by Y2K5SRT for info on the "How to" should you face this type of situation again.

Hey, I call them as I see them. If someone comes out admittedly being sarcastic and looking for attention then expect attention :smirk:. Be nice and expect the same in kind. Are you coming down for the 6/28 Grand Prix karting event? Hopefully the NE crew will take another drive down again as we have the entire track this time. :2tu:

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some progress has been made in securing the reimbursement funds for the VCA Sales Contest from Chrysler. We received an update yesterday that stated the funds would be available on May 29th. Therefore, the tentative plan will be to begin to issue reimbursement checks shortly thereafter for those participants that have submitted their receipts for dealership purchases (per the rules of the program). We'll keep you posted if anything changes or any new updates are received.

It should be noted...We are uncertain at this point how the Chrysler bankruptcy will affect this program.

Thank you for your continued patience.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the club respond as to how many members participated and qualified to receive the funds.

It's one thing to refer a friend to buy a Viper and not get the "commission", no harm really done. It's another thing to subsequently require the member to spend a $1000 of their own money to qualify.

The club promoted this deal and the members who participated trusted the club. It would be great if the club would stand behind their promotion. Will the club consider using it's own funds to "reimburse" it's members?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke to VCA HQ about this. It's a very small number of people, not that the pain is any less for those few. I'm trying to get a complete list of claims submitted.
I'm also trying to backtrack any communications from Chrysler/Dodge regarding the termination of the program, and any statements as to future resolution.
Having said that please remember this was a Chrysler promotion, it did not involve using VCA funds or JRThompson funds and both Thompson and The VCA are completely powerless to do anything to break loose funds during the current situation.
All we can do is hope that the New Chrysler will start up soon and honor it's past obligations. But it should be pretty obvious what is going on here.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update, they are offering $850 to the qualified members, certainly better than nothing, but shows how tight things are!