So, you want a VOI 11 right?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Robert, you, ViperTony, myself and the other volunteers in this topic should start daydreaming together man! Us VCA members could take over a HUGELY important part of planning VOI 11 for a mere fraction of the usual cost :)
So VCA management team where are you, we want to start whooping asp (pun intended) on the planning stages RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the motion on asking the attendees what they want and how much they want to pay. I also think Texas is a perfect venue, we have everything here.

Ditto...not only do we have just about every facility hear, things are pretty darn cheap here in Texas. Texas could EASILY bring over 100 Vipers to the table if it was here...just in Texas.

As for the asking, I agree, I think that would be a good starting place. My vote is DFW or Central Texas Hill Country...given my experience putting on Round Up's in Texas, I would offer to volunteer to help plan and organize the event if it were in Texas (not to mention we have awesome weather 9 months out of the year :)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question - why not just charge participants what it really costs to hold an event like VOI? Why spread the costs around to those that will not be participating?

The above is not directed at the raffles specifically, but at dues increases and outright solicitation for the specific purpose of making the attendee cost for a VOI less than the real cost per attendee. I believe those that attend should pay their full share and not expect that others help them foot the bill.
There is usually a balance between what people are willing to pay and what the cost really is. Generally the cost is MUCH higher - VOI 10 was estimated to actually cost around $2K per person, yet we paid less than half of that. Rest assured that we are not trying to make VOI less expensive for attendees than what it costs or make so much as a penny in profit. We are simply faced with the reality that it still could cost more than what some people are willing to pay. And if we end up with a significant shortfall on the attendees, the VCA could get stuck with the difference. We would rather offer a $60 per person discount for VCA members than get stuck with a $400 per person cost for no-shows. Let's face it, very few people would be willing to spend $4,000 a couple for entry fees alone - I know I wouldn't.

Now that said, and has been mentioned previously in this thread, we should have more control over this next VOI and thus the associated costs. We have members that are in event planning, hospitality, catering, motorsports, and even memorabilia production. All seem willing to contribute either their expertise, or in some cases, a greatly discounted product/service to the VOI cause. I also think that the new owners will be willing to step in and help make a splash at this next VOI. So all in all we think we can keep the costs down and thus be able to spread it around to attendees without dipping into the VCA treasury much, if at all.

The biggest challenge we have is the planning: We will need to start booking locations and facilities fairly soon. That means putting down deposits, gearing up merchandise (goodie bags), designing logos, etc. All of that costs money in the short term - money that we can't charge people 16 months before the event itself. Given that Chrysler can't cough up any cash right now (especially for something of this nature) and no new owner has been named, it is going to be up to the VCA to follow through and make things happen. And no matter how well we plan, we can't lock everything in for free.

Finally, I would note that while the "VOI call" is a strong one and worthy of it's own funding thread, the reality is that we need to sell as many raffle tickets as possible in every single raffle. Besides VOI, we need to keep our treasury flush during this transitional period with the manufacturer. We suspect that some of our costs to run the club (i.e., VCA HQ in Detroit) could rise significantly. That, my friends, we will save for a future discussion. However we need to make sure that we don't get into the problems of the past, where we literally operated in the red and often had to "borrow" money/services from our creditors to keep the club afloat. Because I guarantee that VOI would be the first thing to get chopped if that happened - hotels and tracks generally don't accept "good will" as a deposit.

Hope this helps clarify things a little more!

PS. The main thing to remember is that things like raffle tickets and Venom options are 100% optional. We try to give something in return for each, which with this raffle includes some of the best odds and greatest prizes ever.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the guys on us putting this together.

There is no reason ANY costs should occur other than what each person pays for registration.

Like I mentioned in another post, I attend a Z06 event annually that only costs $50 to register, and if you want to sign up for the high speed, drags or autocross you pay for each event. We get a group discount at a hotel, we all go out out to eat every night on our own dime and the rest of the time is spent modding our cars, drinking too much and acting like we are in college again.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest challenge we have is the planning: We will need to start booking locations and facilities fairly soon. That means putting down deposits, gearing up merchandise (goodie bags), designing logos, etc. All of that costs money in the short term - money that we can't charge people 16 months before the event itself.

I beg to differ, Mr. President.

Speaking for myself, business is bad and I seem to be taking cash out of savings every month to continue my family's lifestyle. That being said, why can't we ask folks now to pony up a $100 deposit for a future event, especially of this magnitude? It's not something about which I'd claim to be knowledgeable, but why not make the attempt (or at least poll members to glean what's up). I'd suggest giving early depositors some kind of "patron" status that would include a serious discount on the final tally. For anyone that was determined to attend, the return on their $100 would FAR exceed any alternative possible return.

If there were 200 members willing to set aside $100, we'd have $20,000 of seed money. Would that suffice?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would be the first to recommend that we deviate from going to Vegas again, as many that I have talked to commented on the fact that we were just another convention there. It was hard to find friends and acquaintances to hang out with and the comraderie found in smaller locales was lost. I am still a big proponent of going somewhere like Salt Lake City, which has one , if not the best road course in America ( designed for Vipers and super safe ), along with an NHRA Drag Strip in the area. Drives through the Rockies for a road rallye would also be spectacular. With numbers of attendees likely to be a bit farther down than in some years, we not only would be able to take over the Hotels, we would be " The Convention ," in the area............this would give us some clout to work for reductions in some fees. A convention of 1000-1200 souls carries alot of weight in many areas, whereas it would not have much of an impact in areas like Vegas.

Another thought would be in the Denver area, as they have just finished a new road course outside of Denver, there is Bandemere Raceway for Drag Racing, and the Rockies are gorgeous in late Summer, for drives through the Mountains. A secondary thought would be Colorado Springs, though the road course at LaJunta is not anywhere near as nice as the new one outside of Denver.

With us , as members ( I do like the idea of non members paying extra to attend ) footing more of the bill, little items like entertainment could be taken over by the members themselves. Years ago , when the Solo II Nationals were held in Salina , Ks, there began an impromptu talent show, that became one of the highlights of the event and continues to this day. Just like our evening when we watch the videos of various Regions showcasing their Clubs activities, another night billed as a Talent Show could really bring out alot of fun and surprises amongst our fellow owners. These are much less expensive than hiring name bands, comedians, etc. and yet, I do not think any of us would suffer.

The big reason I really would like to see a more intimate setting , and a smaller scale, is because many of us attend not only for the Viper, but to see all the wonderful friends we have made over the years. We need to make sure we accomplish a venue where we get to spend alot of time together, where we are the convention and the main focus in the area where we go.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking for myself, business is bad and I seem to be taking cash out of savings every month to continue my family's lifestyle. That being said, why can't we ask folks now to pony up a $100 deposit for a future event, especially of this magnitude? It's not something about which I'd claim to be knowledgeable, but why not make the attempt (or at least poll members to glean what's up). I'd suggest giving early depositors some kind of "patron" status that would include a serious discount on the final tally. For anyone that was determined to attend, the return on their $100 would FAR exceed any alternative possible return.

If there were 200 members willing to set aside $100, we'd have $20,000 of seed money. Would that suffice?

I would bet even $300 would be palatable to most. Also, and just speaking for myself, the goodie bag is not that important to me as is the race events, dinners and the ability to see old friends and meet new ones. If we as the VCA have to organize this without the help of our new manufacturer, then the first thing to go should be the extra goodies that really only collect dust(at least in my house). Just my $.02

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could even offer the goodies at cost to those that would like to purchase them. People who like the goodies (like me :D) can buy them if they so choose, but the overall cost would still go down thanks to less freebies.

Robert

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I have had just as much fun at a zone event with substantially lower costs than a VOI. The Midwest zone event in St. Louis was one such event. I liked it better than the VOI in the same location a few years earlier.

However, with that said, I am still not in favor of spreading costs to those who do not plan on attending. Whether it be optional or not. As a general rule I would expect that our more well to do members attend at a higher rate, and having those less fortunate help fund it does not seem right.

I say control the costs such that interest and attendance expectations are met, and paid for solely by the attendees.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With numbers of attendees likely to be a bit farther down than in some years, we not only would be able to take over the Hotels, we would be " The Convention ," in the area............this would give us some clout to work for reductions in some fees. A convention of 1000-1200 souls carries alot of weight in many areas, whereas it would not have much of an impact in areas like Vegas.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton

I agree 100% Bill. The idea of a "more intimate" town would score us alot more "brownie points" with the local officials than a place like Vegas.

:2tu::2tu:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most important aspect of VOI is getting together with other Viper owners. I believe that is why most people attend.

With that said, while the goodie bags are nice, that would be a good place to free up some cash. I can see maybe having a nice VOI goodie such as a plaque or something of that nature, but do we really NEED all those other things?

Another idea is to supply the goodies bags one per couple?

Another consideration is to raise membership dues. Make a standard membership $150/yr and Venom $200/yr?

That reminds me, I need to do my part and upgrade to a Venom membership. :D

I'd also be game for a pre-registration fee to help fund the planning of the event. You could even offer some form of incentive for pre-registering to help get more on board?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a moderator, i know i am suppose to keep things on a positive note, but chris, if you truly dont mind me giving my input on the raffle vehicle, then i will offer it. as mentioned before by another member somewhere, to me it looks like someone simply took an unsold VOI car, slapped a wing on it, a few aero other pieces, and a sticker. and as much as i would like to win a free viper of any kind for a couple hundred bucks, to me the car just doesnt have any pizazz. granted, the car is a signed ACR and all, and it would be a great car to win, i find myself missing the days when the raffle cars were really UNIQUE.

You must be registered for see images

these cars were DIFFERENT. they really stood out, and if i remember right these raffles sold out FAST.

lets do something REALLY UNIQUE next time!

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't care about the raffle car either and will not be buying any tickets for it.

This "push" to buy raffle tickets reminds me of an employer that would make it clear they support the United Way and stand there while you review your personalized donation card. I'd hand it right back and tell them I'll match every dollar you give to the charity of my choice.

So for every $100 ticket I sell for a chance to own my white hood vents I'll match that with a raffle ticket for a car I don't want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you are saying about the unique factor. However, it's still a $100K car, and VERY good odds when compared to the lottery or Vegas.

I hope despite economic woes, folks that are in good "economic" shape can step up to the plate and buy more tickets.

Even if I don't win, I'm glad to help fund the club especially when they need it most. At this point, it's really about keeping the club going.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miscellaneous comments:
1. If the VCA is going to do it, keep it open to all Viper owners. Incentivize owners to join by saying the event costs $X per attendee, minus ~$100 if you are a VCA member. But do not consider it a discount to VCA members, have the VCA price be the price that makes sense based on the costs, and not as something that the VCA will have to fund the difference on, since the VCA will be paying out a lot already.
2. Do not exceed $800 per person. For a couple, $1600 plus 4 or so nights of hotel, transportation, etc. gets pretty steep. Dialing it back a little, e.g., $650 per person, would be good.
3. Based on estimated number of attendees and a maximum per person fee, figure out your anticipated budget and plan accordingly and conservatively.
4. Plan a location based on maximizing attendees first, and facilities second. This likely means somewhere east of the Mississippi, where more owners are concentrated. You need to maximize attendees at the first VCA-run one of these in order to ensure future success, and that means making it easy for the most people to attend. If the first works out, people will know it is a good thing under the VCA, and will make the effort to attend another one out west two years later and in a hopefully better economic time 3 years from now.
5. Have the club executives make some executive decisions soon on the location, lodging, and other necessary facilities, put down the deposits, and get things locked in. Probably easier to do currently so far in advance and at a better rate given the economy.
6. Move forward on the idea of a "patron" fee to get in some seed money for deposits, etc. Make it an easy amount, e.g., $100 (just for one person, don't worry about if they have another to bring eventually), and you'll get at least $10k+.
7. Start working up some sponsors (dealers, tuners, parts suppliers, etc.) to pitch in a little deposit as well to build up the funds for deposits, etc. $250-$1000 from 5-10 of them is some decent early money.
8. Take a list of the top costs from the past, and see which ones you can get major reductions on. I'm guessing they are (1) conference rooms, (2) track facilities, (3) food, (4) people (e.g., driving instructors, staff, room setup, etc.) and (4) give-aways (e.g., goody bags). Try to have sponsors each cover an item in the goody bag (2-3, with their name on the product or packaging), throw in a t-shirt and a bag, and it's a done deal. Find ways to minimize the number of staff needed.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big reason I really would like to see a more intimate setting , and a smaller scale, is because many of us attend not only for the Viper, but to see all the wonderful friends we have made over the years. We need to make sure we accomplish a venue where we get to spend alot of time together, where we are the convention and the main focus in the area where we go.

I agree with Bill...I think his statement above is really what VOI should be about. Screw Vegas. Been there done that. If there's a model for a future VOI it should the Pocono CSD Event (Pocono: A Celebration of Speed & Design) in May. Talk about a perfect VOI: Vipers, Friends, Track, Autocross, Concours, Dinners, cruises, etc. and I did I mention two full track days on Pocono Raceway? This is my VOI for '09.

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree fully Bill.

The truly unique events are ones where the whole area/town/city gets behind it 110% and the event takes on a whole life of it's own. Those are truly special to be a part of and are very memorable. Ex.) Sturgis Rally, Calgary Stampede, etc., etc.

Personally I feel the VCA needs to reconnect with America and that is not the big cities. That is the smaller venues, cities or even towns, if they have a great location and support for such a thing. Pick the Denvers, the Salt Lake Cities, the Tulsas, the Austins, the Wicitas, etc. Leave the big cities to the big cities to the big cities.

Vegas is a good location for conventions but to many, it is just another city. The last thing I want to do (and many others) on vacation is to go to another big friggin' city.

I have never been to a VOI event before. I just missed the Vegas VOI as I bought my Viper well after the show and did not know anything about it. Sorry the Viper may have been born in Michigan but there was just no way in hell I was going to Detroit for anything but maybe a brief Red Wings game. In my mind, they dropped the ball big time by picking Detroit as the location, but that is just my opinion and everyone has one. (No offense Michigan owners)

I don't want a white tie event (gala) as packing a suit for a vacation weekend seems wrong. I like Dave's thoughts on beer and tire kicking in the parking lots. Basically this will be a new era of non-corporate sponsorship so just let it happen and bring it back down to what is important. The cars, the stories and the friendships!

As far as the original question on raffle car, I just don't see anything special about this raffle car to warrant the ticket price. Everyone can come up with $100K this, free car that and low entrant numbers,etc.. If it is not a car I would want to buy outright if offered by Dodge anyway, I am not interested. To me they should have added a few extra one off items, a custom leather interior, polished sidewinders, etc. Something to really set it apart. I agree that it just looks like a modded VOI car. You have everyone screaming for a SSG SCR? Why not offer one with polished wheels and a few extra tweaks that you can NOT get on a regular production ACR? Be different!

I will still pay my VCA dues to be a part of the Colorado chapter, but for me, it is more about the friendships in the local area than about all the fluff. I look for my VIPER magazine ever quarter, for the local events and it would be nice to just have one National show that moves around every year, North, South, East, West in small venues so that everyone gets a chance to attend and be a part of it. A big hoopla once every few years is not as effective as a good National show every year in another part of the country. Strike up the "Slither Across America" car runs to the National show each year.

Have some fun with it!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
IMHO,

Salt Lake City could be a very nice place for VOI 11.

Miller Motorsports Park is awesome for driving events.

Drives through the Rocky Mountains in September would be way cool, fall color and all.

Some of the Ski Resorts offer deals on tram rides, etc.

Just can't wait too late in the season or it gets a bit cold.

Dan

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper, I get what your saying but without having been to a VOI there is now way you can understand just what it is. You clearly have the wrong impression by your ideas of "white tie event". I'm sorry you didn't get talked into going to VOI 10 by your local members, they did you wrong.

After reading what some of you have to say about what you want out of VOI 11, I agree, Vegas may not be the right spot. It does have the best options for racing facilities but it is a big city and not a great place for a "community" gathering for the VCA community. I think that would be a perfect focus for VOI 11, the VCA community. Smaller more intimate planning is just what we need, but there still needs to be a grand flare to it for it to be a great VOI. However I can say that Las Vegas would be very happy to have any large group coming to town for any convention. Our town is nearly solely reliant on conventions and with the economy in the sate that its in many business are canceling their marketing and conventions plans in Las Vegas. I think you could find some of the best deals here since our entire local economy is driven by conventions as apposed to other smaller towns that may not see the value of the economic boost that such an event could provide to a smaller city. Also don't forget that though smaller town locations may provide a better community feel, they most likely can't accommodate such a large attendance for a single event. If we want a closer group than we need to look for a location that can hold everyone in one or two nearby hotels at most.

The goodies bags could be minimized or dropped completely, But if theres VOI goodies for sale at the event I will buy em.

I see no problem asking for money upfront to help get the event planned. I don't think there needs to be any discounted rate either. I for one know I will be going so I have no problem paying $100 or more upfront now and I am sure many others feel the same way.

As for the raffle car, I too was disappointed about the choice of cars but I am just happy for the VCA to have a Viper to raffle. I was disappointed when Ralph unveiled the car at VOI 10 and I still don't find it exciting even as an ACR.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff;

I do realize that there is a "if you have not dunnit, than you can not speak about it" aspect to the VOI. I knew exactly what was taking place and I did see the pictures of the white tie event. I have been to enough of those type of events over the years to know what it is like as I did not crawl out from under a rock.

I was so absolutely pumped about the VOI10 until they annouced it was in Detroit. That killed it for me on the spot and I had the time off and full ability to go anywhere for the show. Sorry, there was just absolutely no way I was going to Detroit for anything. Factory or not, it is just somewhere I never want to go again regardless of whatever event or function in life is taking place there.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a comment... In Detroit as well as the other VOI's, there seemed to be alot emphasis on track time type events. That's great for those that track their Vipers. I for one would like to see an option at the next VOI of "on this day we have a track day or a nice group cruise" option. I just have no interest in hammering on my Viper on the track. I have less expensive (Miata, Mustang) track cars for that. Now Detroit was my first VOI, as I did not have a Viper prior for any previous events, and there was no cruising except to and from the track or to the gran prix.

More cruises please.:):)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to dump the VOI's completely. Yep I said it....

I had way more fun and way more track time at the Western Region Vegas Zone Event then at any VOI.

It's just not cost effective to tralier the car across the USA for limited track time. It's good to meet new members and old faces that share the passion BUT, at what point does the cost out weigh the benefits of the gathering. Not all of us are rich. Anymore. ;)

IMHO... It's better to spread the funds around and get more "non members" involved in regional events. Is that not better for the club and sponsoring vendors in the long run?

VOI's every 3 years?

How many here would rather see and spend the $$ at yearly major events close to home then at a VOI??

Nomex on. LOL!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to dump the VOI's completely.

Well said. The chance that I will make all of the Central Texas events during the Spring Fall and Winter are darn good. Congrats to Ryan Fox (Got One) and his lovely significant other for putting together this tirade of year long fun minus the hot Summer hiatus.

But to pack the car, pack a suit and travel halfway across the country for stuff I don't even do here in Texas? What for?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no real idea how much the events cost. Sure, I would throw a $1,000 at an event that isn't an issue.

I am just not up for driving or shipping my car coast to coast. That adds another $1200+ That's why I like the appeal of Zone events. Less cars more = more fun. The Western Zone Event event was first class! I do wish it had a scenic drive or poker run too. Not all of us are track rats.

Last edited:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is all this suits and white tie talk about. Only VOI I ever wore a suit (actually a tux) to was VOI3 in Indianapolis as part of the Indy Ball. Beyond that no way no how on the suit aspect.

I second the motion on zone events. The two that we had in the midwest were great (Detroit in 2003 and St. Louis in 2005 I think). I mentioned earlier that the St. Louis one was more fun than the previous VOI using similar venues. Pomp and circumstance are less important than the interaction (and drinking) with fellow Viper fanatics.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my mind, they dropped the ball big time by picking Detroit as the location, but that is just my opinion and everyone has one. (No offense Michigan owners)

I would not be surprised if it was Detroit in part due to cost savings to the manufacturer, i.e., use their already owned facilities instead of renting, not have to transport their loaner Vipers anywhere, etc. Without that, there may well not have been a VOI. I'm just speculating. But you are really ASSuming they dropped the ball, when they may have made a ball instead of none at all.

As for bigger versus smaller locales, there are very few locations that (1) have the desired car facilities (e.g., track, etc.), (2) have appropriate hotel accomodations (i.e., space enough for everyone at the dinners together, as well as accommodating all the people conveniently near each other), (3) have many airport connections to enable people to easily attend, etc. etc. So while smaller locales may be nice in some respects, there has been plenty of thought in putting these events together in the past to make them successful, versus the few thoughts posted here off-hand by someone who hasn't ever attended one and may lack the understanding of what all is involved.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick note to all that we already have a couple feelers out for VOI 11 next year. Locations are being discussed based on hotels, track facilities, and costs. Which brings us to a very important point: As the Viper platform is up for sale and it seems likely it will have a different owner yet this year, we have no idea what level of support (if any) a new owner might have for a VOI. Traditionally the manufacturer has spent millions of dollars to underwrite each VOI. Right now it appears that there is a good chance that the VCA may need to pick up a much larger portion of the VOI 11 tab. While it is virtually impossible for us to even remotely consider spending seven figures (several years of Treasury), we think we can put on a heck of an event - equal to or possibly better than years past.

If the VOI won't have the support of a large Corporate sponsor, why not bring in a number of smaller sponsors at less cost to each. Here's some ideas (pick one from each category):

Eagle One/Meguiar's/Mother's: Show and Shine

Motul/ATE/Pyroil Brake Fluid: Autocross

Brembo/Baer/StopTech: Road Course

Paxton/Roe/NOS: Drag Strip

Mobil 1/Valvoline SynPower/Royal Purple: Ballroom/Oil Sponsor

PartsRack/AB's/Tom's Brakes: Goodie Bags

Woodhouse/Tomball/Tator/Bill Luke: New Vehicle Showroom

DC Performance/DLM/VSP/Alan's: Performance Classes/Discussions

Centerforce/LUK: Clutch Classes/Discussions

TireRack/Discount Tire/Michellin/Kumho: Tire Sponsor

Dupont/BASF/House of Kolor: Paint Sponsor

Checker/Napa/Autozone: Parts Sponsor

Etc, etc.

If you can't get one big sponsor to throw down millions of $, go after a number of smaller sponsors to to throw down $10K or more each. Allow them access to the facilities and allow them to hock their wares to a very specific, generally well off demographic. Show the corporations actual attendance figures from past VOI's. Show them the value that they can receive by sponsoring an event like VOI. I don't know how they did it, but the Fun Ford Weekends were usually very well attended and very well sponsored. Barrett-Jackson has an entire pavillion devoted to people that want to sell stuff to a specific audience. Bring them in, have them pay for space, and let them sell away.

Why hire a band? Have a "Battle of the Bands" from the local music scene. Many areas have a wealth of music/entertainment that may work for less $ (free) just for the exposure to a large group.

Invite the public out to the events. Charge people $5 or $10 to watch the Viper drags/autocross/show. Have a local radio station show up and drum up publicity for the event. This would also add value to any (non Viper specific) sponsors that show up.

Show the Obama adminstration how VOI "stimulates the economy" and maybe they will kick in a couple billion $...

That last comment was un-called for... :)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if it was Detroit in part due to cost savings to the manufacturer, i.e., use their already owned facilities instead of renting, not have to transport their loaner Vipers anywhere, etc. Without that, there may well not have been a VOI. I'm just speculating. But you are really ASSuming they dropped the ball, when they may have made a ball instead of none at all.

As for bigger versus smaller locales, there are very few locations that (1) have the desired car facilities (e.g., track, etc.), (2) have appropriate hotel accomodations (i.e., space enough for everyone at the dinners together, as well as accommodating all the people conveniently near each other), (3) have many airport connections to enable people to easily attend, etc. etc. So while smaller locales may be nice in some respects, there has been plenty of thought in putting these events together in the past to make them successful, versus the few thoughts posted here off-hand by someone who hasn't ever attended one and may lack the understanding of what all is involved.

Nicely stated! VOI10 was a great time, great accommodations and lots of fun things to do. Dodge and the VCA put on a great show!:2tu:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CitySnake

That's a great idea count me in!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala