18" wheels with drag radials for the rear?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyoen run a 18" rear wheel setup for the track?

I want to start hitting up the track in my car and want to get a tire setup, but dont want to run my 19s. its A LOT cheaper to replace 18" tires then 19" tires.

On my old z06 i got a set of front 18" stock wheels and put them in the rear with drag radios and never had a problem.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont know what year you are talking about but on my Gen4 I was told stock 18's, unless they are acr wheels off a Gen2, will not clear the rotors. also to run an 18 on a gen4 you have to do the ebrake relocator. I am getting a set of SSR 18x13 which are supposed to clear the rotors and am doing the ebrake relocator so I can run my M&H's.

J

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I did have to get the brake relocation kit. Simple to do. takes about 1/2 hour. Follow the instructions. It might seem a bit confusing for some ( like me) but, its easy once you get it. it's a left and right thing.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I did have to get the brake relocation kit. Simple to do. takes about 1/2 hour. Follow the instructions. It might seem a bit confusing for some ( like me) but, its easy once you get it. it's a left and right thing.

I have yet to do this to my car, can you post or PM a few pics to show what it looks like?

thanks

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Most serious road race guys eventually go to 18's all around. Many benefits including more tire choices, lower cost per tire, lower center of gravity and rear roll center, effective lowering of the overall gear ratio, lighter, etc.

SSR's, Forgelines, HREs, CCWs, etc. can all be made to clear the rear brakes which are the same overall exterior size as the front brakes.

You will have to relocate the e-brake bracket. I've seen pics posted on this website so check the archives. Easy job, but will take about 2+ hours if done properly, re-routing and re-securing cables, etc.

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
anyoen run a 18" rear wheel setup for the track?
I want to start hitting up the track in my car and want to get a tire setup, but dont want to run my 19s. its A LOT cheaper to replace 18" tires then 19" tires.

I think most of the replies above may be on our SSR setup w/ and Ebrake kit that comes with a CD-rim install guide. We have them on special in the SUPPLIER AREA with BFG-Drags. [We also have one USED set of 2002 rears w/ used Drag tires, CHEEP, WONT FIT G 3-4]

CAUTION: This is meant for driving to and from the Strip. Drag tires on highway cloverleafs is verrrry risky

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most of the replies above may be on our SSR setup w/ and Ebrake kit that comes with a CD-rim install guide. We have them on special in the SUPPLIER AREA with BFG-Drags. [We also have one USED set of 2002 rears w/ used Drag tires, CHEEP, WONT FIT G 3-4]

CAUTION: This is meant for driving to and from the Strip. Drag tires on highway cloverleafs is verrrry risky
Jon B is 100% correct Drag radials on the street you enter the danger zone. I drive mine to the track and back but, I would prefer not to. The ride is somewhat out of control. I first went with my sport cups on the front. That was really scary. Last night I went with my older stock run flats on the front. Much better handling but, still have to really be careful the car has a mind of its own.
It was top the cops night at Infineion raceway. Wed night drag racing is very addicting. Fortunately I found a guy that will keep my wheels at the track for a case of beer. He has two daughters that drag race. What a dad.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456