GenIV Radiator Fan in a GenIII?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the Gen IV fan system (that I understand is motorized) be setup in a GenIII and get rid of the (Hydraulic fan run system)? :dunno:

I had the powersteering pump go out on mine while under warranty about a year ago and I was just thinking about it. Not having any issues and hope I never do.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense to any SRT guys reading this, but that hydraulic fan idea really wasn't a winner in my book.. Kind of an interesting and novel idea, but an electric fan seems so much easier and more elegant.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Say what you want about the Hydraulic pump, but they have been pretty reliable outside of the recall- the pump itself has really been the only issue occasionally, not the fan itself. The hydraulic fans are capable of flowing MUCH more volume than any electric fan of any remotely comparable size, not to mention being completely variable speed and duty cycle controlled. How many Gen-3's have cooling system issues? Just about ZERO...

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what you want about the Hydraulic pump, but they have been pretty reliable outside of the recall- the pump itself has really been the only issue occasionally, not the fan itself. The hydraulic fans are capable of flowing MUCH more volume than any electric fan of any remotely comparable size, not to mention being completely variable speed and duty cycle controlled. How many Gen-3's have cooling system issues? Just about ZERO...

Not debating that the cooling is bad just that mine did fail. I was just wondering that if the pump fails again I would like to know if the GenIV fan system can be swapped in? I hope mine never fails again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper