Need pantone or RAL number to match red brake calipers for next batch of Brake Covers

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going ahead with red brake covers for the non-ABS rear calipers.

I need a pantone color code or RAL powdercoat color that is a match for red front brake calipers. Anybody out there know?

Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need pantone or RAL number to match red brake calipers for next batch of Brake Co

RAl 3001 is what I use. Here's my Big Brakes P/S puke can with the Roe duct scrap.

Close enough for :tx: work...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need pantone or RAL number to match red brake calipers for next batch of Brake Co

Thanks Dave!

Where are all those guys that wanted red, red, red. You'd think they would've powdercoated or blinged up other stuff in red, too.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When are you going to do ABS covers?

Here's my dilemma: With the two holes in the non-ABS brake pads I use two attaching screws that each have self-locking nuts. It guarantees alignment with the caliper. The ABS pad only has one hole (top middle) so I need something to keep the cover from rotating out of position. Plus I can't extend beyond the backing plate with a self locking nut because it will rub on the rotor when the pad wears down. A weld nut (i.e. threading the hole in the ABS pad) idea is OK, but does't have the self-locking feature (must use Loctite.) Conclusion - success depends greatly on quality of installer. Translation - I don't have a goof-proof method for ABS version yet. But I do have parts to play with.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, I was pretty sure you were facing a fastening issue. Thanks for looking at it, if you have a brain storm I'm sure you'll let us know! :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

still need color help with matching Brembo red or Stoptech red.

Can also use a used ABS brake pad; the ones I play with are new and I can't "modify" them. If I can remove the riveted spring I can maybe do something else.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom... When I put my brand new SRT calipers on they also included a selection of paint chips, mainly all on the back side. I touched them up with my Mopar touch-up paint and the match is, well, adequate let's say. There was one small area on the front of a caliper that I could photograph for you where I used the paint pen. Great :tx: sunshiny day for that!

So in my opinion - the point of this - the Viper red, RAL3001, and caliper red are all very close. Close enough to use whatcha got without having to invent anything.

One option though, as this is what they did on my hood vents, I took the car to a PPG paint center and they used a $$$ camera to scan my stripes and generate a paint code/mix recipe. The match is awesome. Free service from them. So if you have a red caliper, well, um...

And I have confessed this before, that the paint code for my hood vents is a Hyundai number...

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't help with the paint codes I'm afraid, but glad you've decided to make red sets Tom... I'll be putting my name down for a set of those... Luckily haven't got round to installing the black ones I bought yet...

Anyone want to buy a set in black? :dunno:

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reds are on order. Hopefully arrive in <3 weeks.

It would be helpful if those wanting red would PM me with your address and I will keep a list. As always, I will send a self-addressed envelope in the package for you to return a check to me. So if you are on the list, as soon as I get them, I will mail them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235