WANTED: Gen II headlight/foglight switch

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to try and find a used, working-condition headlight switch for a Gen II GTS. I could always go to my dealer for one, but I'm kinda looking for a deal as this is for an "experiment."

Anyone? PM if you might have something.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, can't find it. I see the combo turn-signal/headlight switch, but that's not how my Gen II is set up - I have the rotary knob in the dash to the left of the steering column that you pull to turn on the fogs...

I want to see if the switch can be "modified" so that you can pull to turn on the fogs even when the switch is in the "off" position.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to try and find a used, working-condition headlight switch for a Gen II GTS. I could always go to my dealer for one, but I'm kinda looking for a deal as this is for an "experiment." Anyone? PM if you might have something.

Jeff

Trivia: That switch is a FORD product!

We have used in stock, Tator can get new

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That switch is a FORD product! We have used in stock, Tator can get new

Jon, could you PM me with just a ballpark price on the used switch? I just want to know if it's fifty bucks or a hundred and fifty bucks... I'm not in a huge rush to get it, so I don't want to bother someone on the phone!

Thanks.

Jeff

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, could you PM me with just a ballpark price on the used switch? I just want to know if it's fifty bucks or a hundred and fifty bucks... I'm not in a huge rush to get it, so I don't want to bother someone on the phone!

Thanks. Jeff

Neweees pay $30........ [your profile is anonymoose....good, repeat customers free....]

Thank You

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's from a Ford Contour/Mystique. One of my old programs. You can't modify it without extensive surgery. If you pull the knob from your old switch you can swap it for the new one. I believe there is a small allen screw or clip release on the bottom of the knob to loosen it.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a plastic locking tab on the switch that the knob clips to. I have two switches with this tab broken off (the dash is a b**** to get in and out without breaking it, as I discovered more than once)--if you can use them, you're welcome to them. You can also get new at the local auto parts store for around $45.