Water Leak

osuaero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently washed the Viper and when I finished, I pulled the floor mats to clean them. To my surprise, the fwd end of the drivers side mat was soaked. I pulled the mat and then noticed water dripping on the floor just aft of the pedals. Water appeared to be dripping from behind the instrument cluster. Anyone else have this issue, any ideas where the water could be getting in? '06 coupe btw.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could be cowl drain holes-just a shot in the dark-they plug from debris---dont know if they have them though, is it a vert or coupe?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my 03 vert. When i wash the car with it parked backed in my driveway i don't have a problem. (my driveway is declined about 22 degrees). When its pulled in with the front higher than the back so the water is running back toward the firewall i don't have the problem.
I never looked to see where it came from but it was down by my feet.
So I can't help you find the problem but just letting you know your not the only one....lol

OP
OP
O

osuaero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonderful...guess its good I don't drive it in the rain nor wash it a ton. FWIW...my driveway has about a 5 degree incline and I was washing with the front higher than the rear, so who knows. I've washed the car probably 2 dozen times and this is the first time its happened.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my 03 vert. When i wash the car with it parked backed in my driveway i don't have a problem. (my driveway is declined about 22 degrees). When its pulled in with the front higher than the back so the water is running back toward the firewall i don't have the problem.
I never looked to see where it came from but it was down by my feet.
So I can't help you find the problem but just letting you know your not the only one....lol

Opps i meant to say i have the problem when the car is backed in with the water running toward the firewall........