A hello and question from a new member with pictures.

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Even though this is my first post,you all have been helping me find this water leak in my passenger floor board through the search button. I have a leak in my passenger floor board and was unsure where it was comminig from. After reading through several old post I now know it is not the drain on the black box under the hood. I cleaned out the short fat little drain tube down by the passenger side hood latch behind the silver cannister for the AC. I ran the AC for some time yesterday and found the floor wet after. I have looked for a drain tube under the dash like someone said in another thread but just can't find it. Any help on where this drain tube is would be of great help. Looking under the capet and laying on my back in the passenger footwell looking up into the dash has not found it.

A picture of my 2002 GTS.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharp looking car. Welcome to one member whose initials are BS from another member whose initials are BS. It makes life fun when signing bills and pay stubs.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no drain in the inside. The drain for the A/C-heater box is outside and under the fan. Pull the hose right out, make sure that is clear and then I would look into the drain on the box. You take a wire tie and stick in there to make sure it's open. The pronlem has to be right there!

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I have it fixed. Drove around all day today with the A/C on and no water at all. The next question is about my driver door. Sometimes the outside door button does not work. Makes no sound and I have to get in by opening the passenger door and pull the inside handle. Does not happen much but every once and a while it stops working. After I drive it for a while it magically starts working again. I would like to do the fix my self if possible. I cringe when I think about taking it to the dealer because my last 2001 GTS was totaled by the dealer.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Your GTS looks very nice. Please, please, please don't let Dave talk you into painting your hood vents white :D!

No worries there. I like stock and love the way this one looks as is. Great site guys. I did not know about this Viper site before a few days ago. I had been on Viperalley and there is not as much info on that site.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Wizard is one of your best resources. Call Chuck Tator, the "Wizard" at Tator's Dodge. He will help you and answer all of your questions.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and :welcome: :beer::rock: Let the madness begin....:dance:
The Best Car and Car Club on the planet...
:bounce:
:spin:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I also found the fix for my door problem. For some reason some of the threads I click on after I do a search didn't work. I think it might have to do with me being a new member since I get a "sorry can't access" message. Evidently the wires in the black loom you see when you open the door break. I guess I'm going to tackle that one in the AM. Anyone know which wire goes to the outside door button? I'm thinking it might not be easy to find since it works most of the time.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I have it fixed. Drove around all day today with the A/C on and no water at all.

good news, no more water, what did you do to fix it?

be sure and check for water the next time you wash the car. even though drain tube
on the black box under the hood
is clear, washing the car often pours more water in hood grill than it can handle and you get a wet pass. floor. if this is the case, you can open hood and cover the round hole with a plastic bag before washing

your car sure looks good (look at that fascia :omg:) :2tu:

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good news, no more water, what did you do to fix it?

be sure and check for water the next time you wash the car. even though drain tube is clear, washing the car often pours more water in hood grill than it can handle and you get a wet pass. floor. if this is the case, you can open hood and cover the round hole with a plastic bag before washing

your car sure looks good (look at that fascia :omg:) :2tu:

Thanks, The guy I bought it from even took off the rims and cleaned them on the inside. The car really is in great shape. The water was from me washing the car. I got the carpet wet from water going down the outside vent. I then thought I had dried up all the water but the padding/mat under the carpet was still wet. Like a dummy I then thought it was comming from the A/C. After a little while (actually a long while) with my wifes hair drier and a few days of A/C use, I rewashed it with a close eye on the inside vent. Sure enough I was getting more water in the vent than could drain out. A towel now goes in the vent before each wash. I'm hoping the new problem with the door button goes well tomorrow.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, The guy I bought it from even took off the rims and cleaned them on the inside. The car really is in great shape. The water was from me washing the car. I got the carpet wet from water going down the outside vent. I then thought I had dried up all the water but the padding/mat under the carpet was still wet. Like a dummy I then thought it was comming from the A/C. After a little while (actually a long while) with my wifes hair drier and a few days of A/C use, I rewashed it with a close eye on the inside vent. Sure enough I was getting more water in the vent than could drain out. A towel now goes in the vent before each wash. I'm hoping the new problem with the door button goes well tomorrow.

I am by no means an expert on the door problem, but since your going to be in there to fix it why not do all the wires at once? They are all going to break eventually, may as well knock them all out at the same time.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know which wire goes to the outside door button? I'm thinking it might not be easy to find since it works most of the time.

If I'm reading my service manual correctly, it is pink with black stripe for Driver Exterior Door Handle Switch. Been there. Happened to me on vacation. I just used the manual emergency latch on the inside of the door by casually opening the hatch like I was getting something and discretely reaching in to release the manual latch. One can't let the public know that the King has problems "getting it open" every once in a while. :D

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I also found the fix for my door problem. For some reason some of the threads I click on after I do a search didn't work. I think it might have to do with me being a new member since I get a "sorry can't access" message. Evidently the wires in the black loom you see when you open the door break. I guess I'm going to tackle that one in the AM. Anyone know which wire goes to the outside door button? I'm thinking it might not be easy to find since it works most of the time.

Welcome and very nice picture! Sorry to hear about your first Viper at the dealer.
You are from?
Hopefully you will join the VCA. Here is how:
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html
That will get you access to all areas here including illustrated upgrades.
Chuck Tator is a good Viper tech resource here-put his number in your glove box.;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you tear into your door wiring try cleaning the outside push button switch first. Take an air hose to it, squirt some WD40 in there, work it, air, WD, work, air...

Oh yeah... I'll be doing a Viper fashion workshop later in the month. Decals, accent panels, aero mods. The works!

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am by no means an expert on the door problem, but since your going to be in there to fix it why not do all the wires at once? They are all going to break eventually, may as well knock them all out at the same time.

How would you fix them if they are not broken? Maybe wrap them or put heat shrink on them?

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm reading my service manual correctly, it is pink with black stripe for Driver Exterior Door Handle Switch. Been there. Happened to me on vacation. I just used the manual emergency latch on the inside of the door by casually opening the hatch like I was getting something and discretely reaching in to release the manual latch. One can't let the public know that the King has problems "getting it open" every once in a while. :D

Is that pink with a black stripe for the inside or outside? It is my out side that does not work sometimes.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and very nice picture! Sorry to hear about your first Viper at the dealer.
You are from?
Hopefully you will join the VCA. Here is how:
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html
That will get you access to all areas here including illustrated upgrades.
Chuck Tator is a good Viper tech resource here-put his number in your glove box.;)

I'm from north FL but I will be in Birmingham AL for the next few years. I thought I joined the VCA already? I will follow the link and see though.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm from north FL but I will be in Birmingham AL for the next few years. I thought I joined the VCA already? I will follow the link and see though.

E.T.A. I have not joined, I thought the VCA was this website. I see now it is something else.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you tear into your door wiring try cleaning the outside push button switch first. Take an air hose to it, squirt some WD40 in there, work it, air, WD, work, air...

Oh yeah... I'll be doing a Viper fashion workshop later in the month. Decals, accent panels, aero mods. The works!

I tried that last night and the problem is still there. I wanted it to be that simple but no luck.

OP
OP
B

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's for the outside switch/button.

You are right on the money with that one. After pulling the outside panel off and pulling the grommet back, there was the pink wire. I must have completely severed it while pulling the grommet back. I simply added a small piece of wire, connected the two ends, and voila! The door is fixed.

Again, thanks for all the help guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235