I want to trade for this GTS...

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this GTS for sale:

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 220404904682 end time May-05-09 08:51:04 PDT)

It's the year I wanted, it has the ABS brakes I wanted, it's one of my favorite color schemes, it's the mileage I was looking for, and the price is great.

Of course I have my 2000 GTS that I bought for basically a grand more, but it has the Baer Alcon 6-*** brakes, SVS headers, corsa exhaust, all ceramic-coated, AB wires, aluminum flywheel, smoothie tubes, hydro-boost brakes, and even the "performance" O2 sensors. It's also not my favorite color, and the interior I didn't care for, and doesn't have ABS. Mine does have lower mileage, plus all the original parts included.

Provided I can fix the squeaking exhaust, which I'm pretty sure I can, how hard do you think it'd be to toss it up for a price of $35,000 with "NO RESERVE" all over the place, and get it sold so that I can get this car from Texas?

Of course, this '02 is completely stock - I don't think it even has an aftermarket exhaust. It also says that it had front end repair, but from a quick glance at the hood/bumper gap, it looks better than my car which was never damaged!!

I just really, REALLY like this car...

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeff

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never buy it without checking out the car (or having a friend) ...saw too many "problem Vipers" :eater:

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I'd definitely check it out first - I just think it'll be close to impossible to sell my Black and Cognac (allegedly only 51 of those - confirmation?)

I'd be afraid of selling mine but taking too long, and this one being sold out from under me, and then having no Viper!!

:crying:

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a 2000 steel grey car to me, not the graphite. But pictures aren't that great. I can usually tell by looking at the doors. The steel grey cars have a shade darker doors than the rest of the car. Very noticable to me, and this car has that apperance. I believe this occurs when the gelcoat shrinks over time creating the wavy door and creating the darker appearance. Easy fix.....just get the doors blocked and resprayed.

edit....the 10th digit tells its an 02 though...just crappy pics I guess.

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just an opinion. The gap between the front facia and the front edge of the hood looks a little excessive.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this GTS for sale:

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 220404904682 end time May-05-09 08:51:04 PDT)

It's the year I wanted, it has the ABS brakes I wanted, it's one of my favorite color schemes, it's the mileage I was looking for, and the price is great.

Of course I have my 2000 GTS that I bought for basically a grand more, but it has the Baer Alcon 6-*** brakes, SVS headers, corsa exhaust, all ceramic-coated, AB wires, aluminum flywheel, smoothie tubes, hydro-boost brakes, and even the "performance" O2 sensors. It's also not my favorite color, and the interior I didn't care for, and doesn't have ABS. Mine does have lower mileage, plus all the original parts included.

Provided I can fix the squeaking exhaust, which I'm pretty sure I can, how hard do you think it'd be to toss it up for a price of $35,000 with "NO RESERVE" all over the place, and get it sold so that I can get this car from Texas?

Of course, this '02 is completely stock - I don't think it even has an aftermarket exhaust. It also says that it had front end repair, but from a quick glance at the hood/bumper gap, it looks better than my car which was never damaged!!

I just really, REALLY like this car...

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeff

Why would you get rid of your car to buy one that has been wrecked? I would keep your car and swap out the interior for black.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff, For whats its worth, I think your car is much nicer. Those Black Silver cars have a touch of class ;) I know some people dont like the connolly interiors, but I think its cool on the Black cars.

Mark :uk:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude no way. your car is way better, black and silver sells for more (I've owned two), plus front end repair is HUGE.

Don't even think about it! And who cares about ABS!

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks nice,but it would be good to go and look at it really hard.I have a freind who does alot of rebuilds(trucks)and I have seen alot of clear titles that were hit hard,Good Luck!

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except that my Viper isn't black and silver - just black. :)

It's okay - it's really not on my priority list and I've made no efforts to actually sell my car. With the summer approaching and imminent unemployment on the horizon in 5 weeks, I've got other things to worry about!

Eventually I'll make my Viper exactly what I want it to be. Until then I'll be happy just to have one!

Jeff

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except that my Viper isn't black and silver - just black. :)

It's okay - it's really not on my priority list and I've made no efforts to actually sell my car. With the summer approaching and imminent unemployment on the horizon in 5 weeks, I've got other things to worry about!

Eventually I'll make my Viper exactly what I want it to be. Until then I'll be happy just to have one!

Jeff
Sorry Jeff, I thought you had stripes on yours! You could always get some vinyl stripes put on the car ;) There was a thred on here a while ago showing a black car with Matt black stripes, Now that did look cool :)

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff, I thought you had stripes on yours! You could always get some vinyl stripes put on the car ;) There was a thred on here a while ago showing a black car with Matt black stripes, Now that did look cool :)

Actually my newest idea is to keep the black where stripes WOULD go, and painting the REST of the car Viper GTS Blue. I've seen pictures of the blue-and-black Vipers and it looks really nice. I used Forza Motorsports 2 to make a simulated image of the same paint scheme on a Gen II GTS.

By the way, it's called "matte" black - I don't think Matt had anything to do with it. :) heheh!!

Jeff