Gen II ACR oil filter adapter

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good mod in my opinion..........Just ordered from Chuck. Just to let anyone know that has been considering doing it..........He told me there are only 4 left in the world now according to Dodge stock.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree w/ Chuck, as usual......better oil pressure and cooling.....

[ we also have 3 in stock here, that are NOT on Mr Tators radar...but please buy CTs 1st! ]

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one brand new also - bought in 2001 and never put on the 1999 GTS.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many pesos are one of these adapters? And how do they affect for better flow and cooling? Splain...

Splained as requested, d6 ole buddy..........

The oil cooler/filter adapter is the unit the filter screws onto. On all non-ACRs 96.5-02 it has a mechanical shuttle valve that stops oil flow to the cooler (!) when the pressure drops below an approximate 17 lbs, as happens at idle or high-G turns.

This valve is also a restriction in the line even when open. This results in lower oil pressures by 4-7 lbs, a BAD thing on oil-starved G2s. All in order to make the AC more efficient in heavy traffic.

The 1999-02 ACR was designed for track use, NO A/C, no radio, etc. So the ACR -all of em, even with A.C- routes oil 100% of the time thru the oil cooler. No restriction in-line. This results in cooler oil, and pressures at +4~7psi. In heavy traffic this hotter oil cooler can heat up the A/C condensor, and it can temporarily trip off-line. No harm just warm.

Id prefer better oil pressure and full time cooling, so an ACR OIL FILTER ADAPTER and gasket is a MUST HAVE for G2 cars that are tracked, in my opinion. {Also MoPar-SRT opinion} EZ install, bolts and lines all very accessible. Plan around an oil change!

Dragged or Tracked or Xd G2s should couple the ACR-OFA with a pan baffle kit, and 96-99 also needs the deeper +1.1 qt pan

Im not sure what Chuck T wants for the OFA and gasket...I suspect about $450

trivia: There is a huge back-story around this unit, how it was determined to be needed and when....but please trust me, if you have a Gen 2 motor, and fear engine durability and oil heat, and want more Oil PSI, just do it.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Jon.........

Plum....Tator's VCA price is 300.00.

Seems to me that modified or stock, all would benefit from this mod.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Jon.........

Plum....Tator's VCA price is 300.00.

Seems to me that modified or stock, all would benefit from this mod.

Plum, D6, et al.....I am giving you guys fair warning, and first shot:

If CT has these at only $300, I am going to email him and order all he has left on Monday!! You have been warned........!!! Beat me to the punch, Send CT your orders at:

[email protected]

If you think Im kidding, try him on Tuesday................

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So exactly what does this kit consist of? Filter adapter? Mounting brackets? Hoses? Complimentary box of Band-Aids and new cuss words?

Hey Jon, I'm guessing my ACR's have this mod already right?

As stated above, ALL OE 1999-2002 ACRs have this already fitted....it is NOT a 'mod' for Gen 2 ACRs, it is standard equip.

The oil filter adapter ( you could call it a pedestal) stands alone. It is held on the block with 4 bolts. Uses same OE bolts. It LOOKS the same as the OEM part, only the internals are different.

-Order part from Chuck before Tuesday
-Drain Oil
-Loosen oil cooler lines to the adapter
-remove 4 bolts and 'probably' the old gasket
-replace the gasket and new adapter with the old bolts
-reconnect the lines.
-Refill oil and babysit oil level til the cooler and lines are refilled.
-check for leaks and re-tighten as needed.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beat me to it tony, i was just copying that link to post...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a pic of it in the link I posted. According to that writeup, it's Mopar P/N 04886503AC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a pic of it in the link I posted. According to that writeup, it's Mopar P/N 04886503AC.

All of the pictures in that writeup are of adapters with the valve. Check the link I used, you will see the difference. Does anyone have an ACR that they can take a picture of the one on their car?