Does the pass seat look noticably higher after drivers 2" kit installed?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it kind of sounds like a dumb question, but I'm going to have to install the 2" lowering kit when I get my SRT Vert. With that said, will the passenger seat look noticeably higher than the drivers seat? If so, does the kit work for the pass seat as well?

If it was in a coupe, I wouldn't care...but in the Vert, I would assume you would notice the difference since you see the seats - especially with the viewing angle since the Viper sits so low

Pics wouldn't hurt either...thanks!:2tu:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are driving the car, you will never notice. I put mine in in 2005 and only one person has noticed the difference and said something.
PM me your e-mail address and I'll go take a picture.

Oh- on the passenger seat- the year matters....08/09 it's difficult.

PBR

Last edited:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll only be noticable to you, cause you'll know. I thought about putting one on the passenger side as well, but laziness got the best of me.:cool:

It will be noticable......... to you;)

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes it is noticable,but that said i just installed one week ago and it's like i finally fit in the car.way better driving postion.im 6"3 and it's perfect now althogh it's abit of a ***** getting in and out.i should have done this mod day one rather than trying to stare through the windsheild header for a year.

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you've installed the 2" lowering kit, how did the relationship with the pedals/knees into the dash change? Better or worse?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pedals/nees/dash relationship improved as well. Only problem now is on long drives (like to Detroit) where there is zero thigh support. I have a small pillow I tuck under my thigh after about a 1/2 day of driving.

PBR

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it kind of sounds like a dumb question, but I'm going to have to install the 2" lowering kit when I get my SRT Vert. With that said, will the passenger seat look noticeably higher than the drivers seat? If so, does the kit work for the pass seat as well?

If it was in a coupe, I wouldn't care...but in the Vert, I would assume you would notice the difference since you see the seats - especially with the viewing angle since the Viper sits so low

Pics wouldn't hurt either...thanks!:2tu:

For anyone over 6 feet, the 2 inch kit is a must. In fact I don't how anyone could drive without it comfortably. The difference with the passenger, I think, is noticable. After you point it out to someone but most people won't notice it themselves.

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For anyone over 6 feet, the 2 inch kit is a must. In fact I don't how anyone could drive without it comfortably. The difference with the passenger, I think, is noticable. After you point it out to someone but most people won't notice it themselves.

that sums it up. but if the seat height bugs you install on passenger side also.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just lowered mine on my 08 and it is a big improvement. FYI - the installation instructions are terrible. You need to be an engineer to figure them out.

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I´m 6"3 and I had installed the 1"-seat lowering kit.
That was not too bad, but finally I decided to install the 2"-lowering kit.
As for the thigh support: the rear of the seat came down more than just two inches and the guy who did the job for me managed to adjust the height of the front part of the seat even a little bit higher than it used to be before.....which is very important, because the seat moves much more than one inch forward compared to the adjustable 1"-lowering kit.
What a difference......and I´ll use the 1"-lowering set for the passenger´s seat now.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I´m 6"3 and I had installed the 1"-seat lowering kit.
That was not too bad, but finally I decided to install the 2"-lowering kit.
As for the thigh support: the rear of the seat came down more than just two inches and the guy who did the job for me managed to adjust the height of the front part of the seat even a little bit higher than it used to be before.....which is very important, because the seat moves much more than one inch forward compared to the adjustable 1"-lowering kit.
What a difference......and I´ll use the 1"-lowering set for the passenger´s seat now.

I dunno, but I think you can't use the 1" for the passenger seat because of the amplifier under there.:dunno: 2" works though.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There're many convertibles with height adjustable seats out there and often times the driver and passengers seat are adjusted at different heights.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2" kit in my Coupe. I have not made a point of checking or comparing the two seat positions since this feature does not stand out. Of course I fit much better. There are really only two possible functional drawbacks.

1. Your knees will be higher than your waist; which can be a possible issue for those with back problems, so far it hasn't bothered my back.

2. The seat will be shifted forward; ideally the seat would have remained as far back as it was with the old mechanism, but the lower and slightly forward position may be a stonger race position.

The only way you can really know is to try it.

By the way I am 6'-2" and the old seat position had my eyes even with the top of the windshield which does get old after awhile.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6' and would like to do a 1" kit on my 08 Vert, but I hear it may not fit because of the stuff they now put under the driver seat. Anyone installed the 1" kit in a 08 ?

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
@Darbgnik

You´re right, there is the amplifier underneath the passenger´s seat.:(

At least they were clever enough not to install it under the driver´s seat.....:D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2" lowering kit just arrived, so I'll know soon!

I wondered the same thing, but I'm 6'3" and gotta do something, my wife is 5'5" so I hate to lower the pass seat ... I might lose her on the floor board. :)

I'm doing a rollbar next, so I hope to easily accomplish more comfort for me (lower seat) & greater safety for me & my wife/son on the street - with the added perq of then being legal for track days.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2" lowering kit just arrived, so I'll know soon!

I wondered the same thing, but I'm 6'3" and gotta do something, my wife is 5'5" so I hate to lower the pass seat ... I might lose her on the floor board. :)

I'm doing a rollbar next, so I hope to easily accomplish more comfort for me (lower seat) & greater safety for me & my wife/son on the street - with the added perq of then being legal for track days.

The roll bar is a pretty big undertaking, at least a full days work or day and a half.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You will notice the seat height difference - but who cares.

You can lower the driver's seat a full 2 inches in the 08 / 09 cars, you just have to get creative with the junk that Dodge put under it. Once lowered a full 2 + inches, you will love it on the track compared to stock. I'll likely put a race seat in my ARC as soon as I can get someone to fabricate a bracket for it.

I have the 2-inch kit for the passengers seat but have not tackled this yet. The amplifier will have to be relocated.

Dan

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will notice the seat height difference - but who cares.

You can lower the driver's seat a full 2 inches in the 08 / 09 cars, you just have to get creative with the junk that Dodge put under it. Once lowered a full 2 + inches, you will love it on the track compared to stock. I'll likely put a race seat in my ARC as soon as I can get someone to fabricate a bracket for it.

I have the 2-inch kit for the passengers seat but have not tackled this yet. The amplifier will have to be relocated.

Dan

Dan,
I'm thnking of getting a race seat installed also and I've been using a race shop in La Habra that does tons of custom roll bars and special fabrication for all types of race cars. I'm sure they will be interested in doing this at a reasonable cost if we can get a few people together to do a run of brackets.
Bruce

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

I've been trying to get Ross Murray to fabricate a custom seat bracket for my ARC but no luck so far.

Do you have the contact info for the shop in La Habra? I have two race seats and brackets out of my GTS. I doubt that they'll fit in my ACR but at least they will give the shop some ideas.

Dan

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

I've been trying to get Ross Murray to fabricate a custom seat bracket for my ARC but no luck so far.

Do you have the contact info for the shop in La Habra? I have two race seats and brackets out of my GTS. I doubt that they'll fit in my ACR but at least they will give the shop some ideas.

Dan

PM Sent.
Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave