New Member Introduction

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello VCA,

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. I've been a VCA member for about a week now, but I haven't had the opportunity to compose my "hello, I'm new" thread. I do lead a relatively busy life.

I've been an avid Viper fanatic since I was a very young boy and closely followed their production through the years. While my sense of practicality never allowed my wildest dreams to include ownership, the fascination with these incredible machines has followed me throughout my short life. You might be able to understand why I am more than ecstatic to report that I am a proud new owner of a 1997 Red GTS. (I still check the garage at night to make sure it's *really* there)

A little background:

While working on my Computer Science undergrad degree, I worked for a small upstart in the DC metro area. Although my college was paid for and I didn't really need the money, I decided to take an entry level IT position while in school for the experience. What started as a technical support representative eventually turned into much, much more. Because of their outrageous growth rate, (it remained at about 300% for the time I was employed there) I was able to work my way up within a year to being the director of everything IT related for this company. As is the custom of small companies, I had every title in the book. I did their databases, all the networking, telephony systems (which is pretty important for a tech support company) and general inter-office technical support. I also wrote a lot of small applications used for automation and integration of critical business processes. Because my 15-16 credit hour load at school, I stayed as a part time employee in case I needed extra time off to finish projects or homework. I still managed to average about 35 - 40 hours a week during school and somewhere north of 60 during the summer. Because I was part time, I also received time and a half for anything over 40. After graduation, the years of hard work and study paid off when I landed my dream job as a software engineer for a large corporation here in the nation's capital. Not having the time to spend my money on anything other than food, I managed to save a lot of money during my four years of undergraduate study. That plus my new salary put me in a much better monetary position than I had ever previously envisioned.

After graduation I decided to reward my years of hard work by fulfilling two life-long dreams. A few weeks after starting my new career, I realized I was very bored in the evenings after 5. To cure this, I took up flight school. Although this was something else I never dreamed I would be financially able to accomplish, a semester later I walked away with my private pilot license and, afraid of the impending boredom, started grad school. The second reward, as you might guess, is the aforementioned Gen II Viper.

I said all that to solidify the following statement. I can agree that many young people in their early 20's are not responsible enough to own or operate a car like the Viper. There are, however, a few exceptions to the rule. I graciously thank my parents for instilling a healthy dose of discipline and responsibility into my life.

Maybe I'm just shy, but I've always been big on the "read more, post less" ideology. I don't expect I'll be posting a ton of messages, but I do log on daily and read all the new threads. I have read thousands and thousands of posts in the last four months since I started lurking around here and I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to all the VCA members for the informative and humorous posts they've left behind.

That's enough on me though. Now: a few quick messages followed by some photographs.

Juli: I enjoy reading your posts. Your humor is great and you do a wonderful job of keeping all these boys whipped into shape. Keep up the good work! :rolaugh::rolaugh:

Chad: ... well I was going to say something to him, but he's way too busy eating at ******* to read a post like this anyway... :dunno:

Robert (Mopar Boy): I love your humor (even if it does only come around once every 2,500 posts) Your BB Viper is sweet, but when you actually get a V-10, then you'll find out what REAL viper ownership is like! :drive: (Yes, I do believe red really is faster!)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's all for now! I am looking forward to meeting all of you at many VCA events to come! :headbang:

Edit/Addition: I attended my very first VCA event this past weekend. Check out THIS thread for some pictures!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the best intros we have had on here in a long time! Congratulations on the new car, the solid planning, and achieving so many of your dreams early on in life. You picked an awesome car and did a great first upgrade: Joining the VCA! I will bet you had a blast with at least three different "Bobs" this weekend! :D

Now to forward this on to my son who graduates KU in a couple weeks to get him a little more focused... (lol)

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Chris,

If my hard work can be used to persuade others to do good in school and achieve their dreams, I have accomplished much!

I also thought it would be fitting to explain my forum tag.

Wolf is the online name I've carried for years, but because it's so common, I often attach c2e to it so it can be unique. It really stands for my motto in life: Committed to Excellence

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of wolves, we sold our first Viper (a 2000 GTS) to a gentleman on these forums by the handle of "MOUNTAINWOLF". He hasn't posted in almost five years, so I don't know if he still has our old car or not. Nice to see another wolf in the pack! :2tu:

PS. And sent your post to both of my sons, both graduating in three weeks: One from high school and the other from college...

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My hat is off to your accomplishments and your sweet looking Viper. Welcome to the VCA :2tu: good luck with you future endevors you really appear to be on top of things.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the car and the club, the people here are awesome. Viper ownership is great at any age!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we sticky this thread as a "how to" do an intro? Just by this one post, I can tell "Wolf" has a very bright future around here :D He did everything perfect!

1. Introduced himself w/background info
2. Has a RED Viper
3. Posted pics of RED Viper and other "manly" playtoys
4. Mentioned the word "*******"
5. Pointed out that Robert (MoparBoy) is only funny every 2,500 posts
6. Pointed out that yellow Vipers only have V8's and red Vipers are faster!

Until ******* reads what I put in the suggestion box and starts being open 24/7, I still find time to hang around here :D

With that said, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the party!! :nana: :headbang: :nana: :headbang::2tu:

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me tell all of you here that wolfc2e is on hell of a man. He called me on Friday to join us at the World Challenge Series with his best buddy. At first he was hesitating to take the Viper because of the weather forecast, but then I explained to him that those two things sitting on the windshield actually work pretty good. lol

Well, my hat is off to him as he showed up with the red beast!:headbang:

He is truly a class act and I look forward to seeing him at many VCA events!

Mark, Welcome aboard and job well done on the introduction!:2tu::2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we sticky this thread as a "how to" do an intro? Just by this one post, I can tell "Wolf" has a very bright future around here :D He did everything perfect!

1. Introduced himself w/background info
2. Has a RED Viper
3. Posted pics of RED Viper and other "manly" playtoys
4. Mentioned the word "*******"
5. Pointed out that Robert (MoparBoy) is only funny every 2,500 posts
6. Pointed out that yellow Vipers only have V8's and red Vipers are faster!

Until ******* reads what I put in the suggestion box and starts being open 24/7, I still find time to hang around here :D

And welcome to the club Wolf!

With that said, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the party!! :nana: :headbang: :nana: :headbang::2tu:

Hey Chad, shouldn't you add a c2h at the end of your handle? ;)

And welcome to the club Wolf! :2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no not another red owner! :omg:

Just kidding man, welcome aboard.

:beer: Cheers to rockin out your dreams at a young age.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree- let's keep him...It kind of looks like he needs a seat lowering kit too!
My kind of guy. :headbang:

With all that lurking he did....he should have known Yellow is fastest!:drive:

PBR

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh cr_p. Not another yappy red owner!;):lmao: (That was not intended to be funny. I still have anouther 2000ish or so before I make another funny according to Chad's calculations so dont laugh!:D)

Really dude, GREAT into. Best I have read yet! Nice Job!:2tu:

Yellow bashing. Nice job.:rolleyes: I see you have been watching Chad's posts. Alot! You got almost all the jabs in there all at once! You learn quick!;)

As for you, I am very happy for you! Nice to see another youngster make their dream come true. (coming from another youngster so I can call you that!:D). Looks like you have worked hard and got your two rewards! Congrats many times over!

Oh, and welcome to the VCA and the Viper Nation!:headbang:

Now about this V8 business........

:D

Robert

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice intro Wolf, one day I'll get around to doing mine.... I'm in NOVA too so maybe I'll see you around?? Be on the lookout for as red gen 1 'round Fairfax/Oakton area....

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the kind words and warm welcome! You guys (minus Robert;)) definitely crack me up! I am looking forward to many years as a proud Viper owner and VCA member!

Chad: Good to hear from you! Thanks for the complements about my post!

Robert: Thanks for the warm welcome despite my comments about your car! All joking aside, you have a beautiful BB and I can't wait to see it in person some day! :headbang:

Paul: Even at 6'2" I actually fit pretty well in my car. I do not know if the seat was lowered before I got it, but I have about three or four inches of head room. No complaints there!

Chuck: I'm honored to hear from you in my introduction post. I highly doubt you remember, but I called you when researching my car and you gave me the maintenance background on it. Thanks for everything that you do for the Viper community!

jdeft: Thank you. I'm always looking forward to meeting other Viper owners in the area. You should make an appearance at the Rt 28 Burger King in Manassas on Saturday nights. There's usually four or five Vipers that show up there weekly. PM me your contact info if you'd like to get together and cruise sometime!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just shy, but I've always been big on the "read more, post less" ideology. I don't expect I'll be posting a ton of messages, but I do log on daily and read all the new threads. I have read thousands and thousands of posts in the last four months since I started lurking around here and I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to all the VCA members for the informative and humorous posts they've left behind.
That's enough on me though. Now: a few quick messages followed by some photographs.
Juli: I enjoy reading your posts. Your humor is great and you do a wonderful job of keeping all these boys whipped into shape. Keep up the good work! :rolaugh::rolaugh:
WOWWW, I missed this one!! THANK YOU!~! And, referring to your other paragraph, your compliment is actually quite welcome! Glad you are a member of the VCA and enjoying your 'vehicles' as well. The VIPER IS A DREAM car...no doubt about that. CONGRATULATIONS!
VERY nice post. KUDOS....juli

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the party, Mark.
You definitely know how to make an entrance...:2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert: Thanks for the warm welcome despite my comments about your car! All joking aside, you have a beautiful BB and I can't wait to see it in person some day! :headbang:
!

Thanks for the complements and I look forward to meeting you at somepoint as well! Always a treat to be able to make freinds with another Viper owner!:2tu:

Robert

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If there was ever to be a Pulitzer for an intro, this one would take the Prize. The VA-MD club certainly welcomed you with gusto, they have a rabid-avid bunch there.

WARNING: You THINK you already have a life....but its only just beginning! After 16 years, on many of those days I dont have time to drive one of my Vipers, I still go out in the garage to look...

That feeling does not diminish. Welcome, Mark.

JonB

ps, ya got two very fast veehickles there..........no points for altitude!

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli: I was beginning to wonder when you would stumble upon my post :) Thank you so much for the complements!

Robert: Agreed, I have made a few friends already through the VCA and all of them are wonderful folks.

JonB: Thank you for the compliment. It was a pleasure doing business with you last week. The new PS2's I got from you came much quicker than I expected. I appreciate your advice!

- Mark

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli: I was beginning to wonder when you would stumble upon my post :) Thank you so much for the complements!
- Mark

LOL...and here everyone thinks I post on EVERY thread...:smirk:;)~! Was nice to chat with you also for a bit last night. Glad you've made so many friends, that's not a surprise here. ENJOY!!!!!! :drive::drive: ~juli

V

Venomiss

Welcome to the crazy Viper spectacle.
Sounds like your first event with the Jersey crew was a good one.
They know how to entertain and Bob Woodhouse is a class act.:D

You should submit something to the online Domestic Driver?
They are always looking for good stories and pictures.

Shiny side up!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOLF!!!! THAT looks absolutely fantastic! LOVE the black stripes on the red Viper...(one of my faves has always been ViperJon's red/black GTS)....awesome! That was quite quick too...good review/write-up. ENJOY~~~juli

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli!

I've always been a big fan of the Red / Black. I really think it looks nice. I've been planning to make this change since I bought the car back in late Jan, I've just been looking for the right shop. After reading some about Bernie on these forums I decided to take it down to his shop. As you can tell, I was very pleased with the results!

I've got one more cosmetic change planned and then I'm finished for awhile. Stay tuned, I'll post the next one here as well

:drive:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper