Better Pics Of Totaled Viper Plus Frame Shots

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today was my last day with my Viper. It was a bright sunny day and I
took some pics for the last time. With it be so clear out you can see how bad
the car was damaged. After getting it on the transport I was able to get
underneath to take some pics of the frame damage and thought most here
would be interested in seeing that. For the hit it took the Viper really did well
taking the force of the hit if front and NOT IN THE CABIN. It was a sad day but
I am glad it's finally gone. I look forward to my next one, Just don't know
yet what it will be. I am in no hurry as it still takes me 15 to 30 minutes to
beable to put my socks on when I get up in the morning.

WANTED

** IT WILL BE 2 POST TO GET ALL THE PICS IN **

*** CHECK THE FRAME OUT *** & CALL JONB FOR ANY PARTS YOU NEED.

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_30641.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

NEXT 11 COMING ON NEXT POST SHOWING UNDERNEATH/FRAME

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,looks like you hit a telephone pole.? I must have missed your post on your accident but by the looks of things I would say your lucky to be posting with no major injuries...Hope you replace her with something as nice..It sure looked like you took care of her..RIP:(

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don'tcha just hate tow truck drivers that run the strap across the hood like that? :lmao:

Anyway...

LMAO, not only did he do it once, he did it 3 times then I told him how much the
hood cost, the look on his face was priceless. :D

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! I hope you weren't seriously hurt. Tell me about the wreck ( so I can avoid doing the same thing). It looks like the frame deforming in that way took out a tremendous amount of the energy in the crash, and saving your ass!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To show you what a small world this is, my son was on his way home from school for the weekend last Friday (the 9th), and I was on the phone with him as he was coming through Breezewood, PA. While we were talking, he suddenly stopped, and screamed out "Holy Cow, there goes Tom's [Wanted] car, I just saw it on a flatbed going the other way!!". Now I know that he was not mistaken.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there are still some very usable parts left. The doors and side sills alone are worth over $15k... Was the engine/tranny hurt bad? Even though you hit dead center, it didn't look like it got pushed back much if at all. Glad to have someone like Jon out there who will recycle everything - who knows when I might need some replacements (knock on wood).

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That had to be rough to have it sitting outside your house for a period of time and seeing it every day. When I wrecked mine I had it towed to the wrecker's yard, I went there the next day to get my stuff out of it and that was it. It was hard enough seeing it then, but to see it everyday, ouch.

I'm also glad I didn't have to listen to the peanut gallery from my neighbors and friends if the car was at my house.

Good luck on your search. Have you decided what generation yet?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that you took pics in a couple positions. Did the Viper still actually drive or did you push it? Hope you get a new one ASAP.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that you took pics in a couple positions. Did the Viper still actually drive or did you push it? Hope you get a new one ASAP.

If you look close at some of the pics you will see straps hooked to it. The car had to be
pulled in each direction. The motor and tranny plus rear are perfectly fine but I did
not start it because it had lost all radiater fluid. I DID LISTEN TO THE STEREO WHILE
MOVING IT, LOL. Also the tow in the front , both front wheels are pointing in which
made it really hard to steer onto the trailor. The left front wheel is about 8 inches
further to the left and the right front is about 3 inches in. When you look at the frame
you can see how bad the left front bent, GAVE WAY, which I think could be the reason
I can type this today. All the damage stopped from where you see the frame bent
right behind the Aframes ( something like that, lol ).

To answer another question about the neighbors seeing the car, I had it covered the
entire time. Also I had the car at my inlaws and their property is 3+ acre's so no one
had a chance to really even look at it. I am glad I no longer have to see it anymore
but I didn't mind having it for awhile longer.

NOW CALL JONB IF YOU NEED SOME PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTSRACK

ENGINE - VERY STRONG AND WELL TAKEN CARE OF. 5800 MILES
TRANS - PERFECT
REAR- PERFECT
INTERIOR - PERFECT

FROM THE DOORS BACK - PERFECT

MOPAR EXHAUST - PERFECT

*** I WOULD FORGET ABOUT THE CLUTCH :D:drive::D ***

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have heard numerous stories of viper wrecks, with the majority of them like yours, that being, the car is torn up, but the driver was ok. Glad to hear your alright besides some aches and pain's. Call Chad he'll be glad to help you with your new Avatar:D:sinking:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper