List of Dodge Dealers to be closed

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually could work depending on how the sale of the Viper assets goes. The new owner is going to want to have experienced and established Viper techs in place, and the new owner will be taking over warranty responsibility for the cars.

I have to agree. Would the buyer of a company want to screw or disassociate or ??? itself from the all important service community along with the purchase of said Viper company? Likely not. You need a support network, and the only reason the rules are the way they are today is because someone made them that way. Aren't rules meant to be changed? Or do they have to get approval from the Union boss... :lmao:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[
Originally Posted by Martin
It actually could work depending on how the sale of the Viper assets goes. The new owner is going to want to have experienced and established Viper techs in place, and the new owner will be taking over warranty responsibility for the cars.

quote=dave6666;2696634]I have to agree. Would the buyer of a company want to screw or disassociate or ??? itself from the all important service community along with the purchase of said Viper company? Likely not. You need a support network, and the only reason the rules are the way they are today is because someone made them that way. Aren't rules meant to be changed? Or do they have to get approval from the Union boss... :lmao:[/quote]

NOT FUNNY but who knows how long it will take the new owner to get in and shape things plus there will not be any stand-alone Viper dealerships so the new owner will have to go with whats left and get Viper techs to them....Looks like a real mess:(

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have heard. Although he and others may not survive as a dealer they may be able to contunue to be chrysler,dodge,jeep authorized service centers! GTS Bruce

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's also hope that the new Viper owner will make him an authorized repair facility and dealership - something that I think is a no-brainer. The buyer just has to step up to the plate pretty darn quick, though. That silence is causing us all a lot of grief.

From what I have heard. Although he and others may not survive as a dealer they may be able to contunue to be chrysler,dodge,jeep authorized service centers! GTS Bruce

Either of these would be good, at least hopefully there may be some options.

jayriddle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Hine in San Diego was on the list.

I'm not sure there is a Viper Tech. in the San Diego area now. Pretty sure I read that the Tech. at Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido (not on list) left a while back.

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I am sorry as well :( I hope you find new employment real soon :)

Adam and Angela

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MARTIN...YOU DEALER is ON THE LIST!!!!!:omg:

I know - I've been talking to them. The 'latest news' on this is that the list is preliminary as released by Fiat, and can be revised. There is an appeals process that dealerships can follow and, if they're profitable, etc., they likely will prevail. Timberline feels confident that they will make it...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad, looked under Tators Dodge.
Wishful thinking I guess...

I did the same thing, then remembered to look under "G." Very sad day, indeed.

The consolidation of dealers is not really a surprise, they have been planning this for several years. I can remember being told this when I bought my Ram back in 04 that they would be fazing out stand-alone dealerships. Perhaps some of the dealerships can pick up other lines and survive?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These closings were expected but sorry to hear about some of them on the list. I am glad to see some shoddy ones here in Houston though to close as they cared very little about service work and tried to make retirement on each sale. Let the good ones shine on.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer is on the list as well.Anybody know where I can find a Job.
Jeez, 2 of the best techs in the region, Tom and my guy, Tim Harper both with their dealerships punched--great. I was thinking I would be driving to Tom now that Tim will likely be wrenching Hyndais.

My guess is my dealer will be merged with a multi Chysler dealership and I will now have a Jeep mechanic taking a whack at my Vipers.

Tom--I hope and pray you and Tim land somewhere you are happy and we can still work with you all.

Thanks you Obama Motors. First they would not let Dodge have an adequete marketing budget, now they are reducing the number of places yoiu can even get a car--brilliant.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And let's not lose sight of just the sheer sadness of it all, that a family owned dealership from 1914(!) for God's sake ends like this. 95 years of history. That's the real shame of it.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have somethings in the works.If all goes well I'll still be here working on the cars. The dealer is not shutting the doors just wont be a Dodge store any longer.Lots of phone calls today .This may be the push Ive needed for years to get out on my own we will see.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two of the Top SoCal ViperTechs have already gone independent and set up their own shops.

Dan Cragin has D-C Performance in LA, and Mike Curasco has opened up A&C in Temecula.

Both of these shops have been open for years, and have developed a solid following.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler PRESS RELEASE:

"The Company intends to honor warranty and incentive payments during the period that rejected dealers remain active."

Does anyone know how long the dealers on the list will remain active ?

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad day indeed. Makes me wonder if I will ever buy another Chrysler product. I doubt it.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw the CBS piece; no appeal if you're on the list, that's it, you're out. Tomorrow will be Black Friday for around 1700 GM dealers.:(

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were also on the list....

Our family owned Chrysler Dealership since 1924 was among this list of dealers who also got cut. Our store is in Yakima Washington and my grandfather started the biz. It was a very, very sad day for my Dad who is 79 yrs old and still works 6 days a week at the store because he loves automotive world.

Since we were on the west coast, the first we heard our name was on the list was when we got a phone call from a large law firm in NY asking us if we want to be including in the legal preceedings! Then about 3 hrs later, we got the official letter that was sent out by Chrysler.

I stood next to my father during our company meeting informing all the employees. It was a meeting I will never forget.

It was an unbelievable day.

Cindi Lux