help please - a/c control module

Miguel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a 03 Viper STR 10, which I purchased 3 years ago. However, since I bought the car I have been in the UK on a job assignment that was only supposed to last 6 months. So after 3 years of no using my car, I had it shipped over to the UK and I am planning to drive it during the summer through Europe:).
The car arrived this week and I am like a kid with a new toy:2tu:, but one thing is damping my spirit. The climate control unit is not working properly:(. The A/C ONLY comes on when the ON/ Fan Speed knob is to maximum. Does anyone know what may be the problem or should I try to order a new climate control module from the USA and if so, can this be easily installed?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide

Best,

Miguel

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the problem the AC only, or heat as well? If the fan only comes on, on maximum, if it's like most other vehicles, it could be the resistor block (between the control and the fan). If it's only the AC then I dunno:dunno:

FLYTWA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's the resister for the fan blower motor. It cost about $169 installed at the dealership. I just had the exact same problem with my 05.

DARSH

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, it is the fan resistor. I have these in stock at a discount.

Dan

OP
OP
M

Miguel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Gents, this is very helpful

Dan, I just sent you an email on your web page for DC Performance.

Thanks Again!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Miguel~~Glad you got your car over to the UK to enjoy~!!!
You can be UPGRADED to Viper Owner by private messengering your VIN# to the moderators, lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean. ENJOY~! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala