VCA Memberships on hold???

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I faxed over my membership at least 3 weeks ago and still havent gotten anything, so I called them Friday and they told me they havent done anything yet as far as paperwork or charging my card, due to the chrysler issue and that they would have a better idea next week. Not really sure where im going with this but is the backruptcy going to effect the VCA?

Martin

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of that being a fast process. When I joined/renewed it took months after the credit card info was given to even see my card charged.

I'm sure Chris or Lee can give a more technical/eloquent reply. ;)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am usually "all over" the membership delay issues...as I just hate to spoil the new owner 's Viper enthusiasm by letting them drift along in "membership limbo".

That said, over the past several months, the staff at VCA HDQ has been great at moving the process along and getting the contact info to the regional officers.

In these very uncertain times, I'm SURE that the staff at JR Thompson is just as "stressed-out" as many others in the auto industry.

Hopefully, we can all be patient...for the greater good til the future becomes a little more clear.

Martin, call your Regional Pres and get in on the action now!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good questions and we will defer to the folks at JRT for more specific answers. I will say that VCA membership (and the VCA as a whole) shouldn't see any impact or interruption from the bankruptcy - our existence is not tied to Chrysler at all. However JRT is certainly more dependent on the manufacturers, so we will make sure we stay in regular contact with them to make sure everything continues to move forward as it relates to the VCA.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am usually "all over" the membership delay issues...as I just hate to spoil the new owner 's Viper enthusiasm by letting them drift along in "membership limbo".

That said, over the past several months, the staff at VCA HDQ has been great at moving the process along and getting the contact info to the regional officers.

In these very uncertain times, I'm SURE that the staff at JR Thompson is just as "stressed-out" as many others in the auto industry.

Hopefully, we can all be patient...for the greater good til the future becomes a little more clear.

Martin, call your Regional Pres and get in on the action now!!

I would bet that the majority of the revenue from publishing Viper Magazine is from ads that are paid for by the now defunct Chrysler Corp.

One could wonder how much of Chrysler's "Viper Magazine ad budget" was wiped out by the latest Obamanator ad budget cuts. I would guess that since Viper does not seem to be part of the Chrysler future plans then 100% of that budget is probably gone.

Just guessing using a little logic and reasoning!