Need Catalytic Converters... Help...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 98 GTS and it has a year or so old Corsa system with a "high-flow" Cat. All with probably less that 1,000 miles. The combination sounds great, but is too loud for my little wimpy baby sensitive ears. :D

So, I am looking for EITHER a stock cat in good condition or a 3 inch cat that is not "high flow" and that may be more quiet. Trade, buy, whatever... Or, if anyone knows a brand that would be good for me to purchase new I could do that and try to sell my high flow cat to someone looking for ones that are basically new. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doh! We throw those OE parts away!!!

Hahaha I bet someone has a set that didn't listen to me and Plum...

I hope someone does or can give me an idea on something else. Ideally, I would get something that is alreay 3" that way they would fit right into the Corsa. We will see...

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just found out what I do have. I have the high-flow cats from the Viper store. VIPER 1992-2002 Viper Performance Exhaust Parts & Accessories

Bottom of the page. They look like the same thing. Wow, $550!!! Once I get some other ones, does anyone want to buy these from me at a nice discount? I have pictures of the inside. They are like new.

These are the same cats that Roe Racing sells for less. Here is the link.

High Flow Catalytic Converters - Roe Racing

I cannot figure why "the viper store" is still in business. They are about the most expensive place to buy viper stuff, yet they keep hanging around somehow. I've never seen the owners publicly support the viperclub in any way. Yet there are many viperclub sponsors that advertise on here that support the club and offer their products for less.........okay sorry to hi jack the thread.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope someone does or can give me an idea on something else. Ideally, I would get something that is alreay 3" that way they would fit right into the Corsa. We will see...

I kept my stock exhaust system in the basement. I still have the OE cats off of my GenII. You could weld on a 2.25 or 2.5" to 3" reducer to them so they'll slip on to the 3" exhaust you have. That's why my neighbor did when he switched back to stock cats and his Corsa.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Chuck Tator has several take-offs under the stairwell. Can call and ask what's for sale, and it would include the pipes if you wanted.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a set of stock cats off my 97 gts that have been modified/cut to 3in. The stock cats are somewhat cone shaped, so they used to shorten them up to where they got a 3 in dia. Let me know if you are int. and I will measure the length.

Steve

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a set of stock cats off my 97 gts that have been modified/cut to 3in. The stock cats are somewhat cone shaped, so they used to shorten them up to where they got a 3 in dia. Let me know if you are int. and I will measure the length.

Steve

Steve,
If it is not too much trouble can you measure and take a quick picture? I'm interested in what was done and am trying to picture what I would have to do to make them work. Thanks. :)

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, insert "Let me get this straight," in the beginning in front of the word "All". Then, place "that" in front of the word "you". Finally, replace "you are" instead of the word "your"! By the way, I teach Accounting, Statistics, and Finance.

Us figuring type profesers not no grammar and spellin that good.

Gotta get goin now... gonna take 'ole one eye to the optometrist. Nighte, nite.

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will trade you a complete OEM cat back for the Corsa cat back, off my 2000 which is in good shape. I am in Muncie. You can drive over and we can do the swap.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will trade you a complete OEM cat back for the Corsa cat back, off my 2000 which is in good shape. I am in Muncie. You can drive over and we can do the swap.

I guess I did not properly communicate. I do not want to get rid of the Corsa system. I just want to replace what has been identified as the Roe high-flow catalytic converter with something less noisy. :)

I already have the entire OEM exhaust except for the cats.

Interesting idea... You propose we trade what most people are just throwing away (your OEM system) for my nearly new $2,300 Corsa system and $400 Roe Cats, plus I get to drive over to do it. I appreciate that you are trying to help my situation :), but it does not appear to be a fair swap--at least to me.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of original cats that were cut off a stock Gen1 system where a straight pipe was welded in. Yours for free if you are ever in MI.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of original cats that were cut off a stock Gen1 system where a straight pipe was welded in. Yours for free if you are ever in MI.

Thanks Craig. I will keep that in mind. I waiting to make some calls tomorrow. First, I am calling Corsa to see what they suggest.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I did not properly communicate. I do not want to get rid of the Corsa system. I just want to replace what has been identified as the Roe high-flow catalytic converter with something less noisy. :)

If you're interested in doing a little combo research, I'm thinking of doing an option or two with some of the high flow cats that Summitt has. I've also got the ROE cats & muffler. I've tried tuning my way into meeting HC emissions, but I'm still a bit shy of making it. I'd like to see if switching to a different high flow cat will make it pass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave