Just bought a 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe!

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, pleased to meet you!

I just bought a 2008 SRT 10 Coupe in red. I pick it up on Friday.

I am interested in mods you guys recommend for this year and model?

I would like to get the traction control system I read about on here. Any users?

My car has the CD player radio system. I want to get a new stereo system with a screen that I can also use for a rear camera. Any suggestions?

Any way possible to add cruise control? (I researched, and found nothing).

I want to take track lessons. Where should I go?

Most importantly, I am just outside Cherry Hill, NJ. Who is the local (within 1 hour drive) master Viper tech(s)?

Thanks In advance! I look forward to meeting a lot of you at events.

Best,
Kris

Reaction score
Belanger headers, Corsa Cat back, MOPAR PCM, Moton/Eibach suspension upgrades, MGW shifter, Woodhouse motor mounts and trans mount, Euroteck 2 pc. rotors, Quaife rear end and 3:55 gears.

The Racelogic traction control will not currently work on the Gen4 cars so there is not an options as of yet.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Kris...welcome aboard. I live in Edison, about a 30-40 min. ride from you. As far as a Viper tech in our area I know of only 2 choices. You have a Dodge dealer in southern NJ named "Buhler". He would be the closest. I have not had any experience with them. The other choice is a little farther and that would be Chuck Tator (aka "The Wizard"). His place is in northern Westchester. That is where I go. Cannot ask for anyone better. He did my high flow cats and corsa exhaust on my 08 Coupe. Hopefully by summer's end I will have the Mopar PCM put in by him. If you need any further info you can PM me.

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
This site might come in handy for you. You just missed Pocono.
NJ Viper Club

If you purchased your Viper new you should have one free year of VCA membership.
Let's you see more of this site along with other goodies listed:

VCA Member (paid members)
  • Posting privileges in all general Viper Forums
  • Posting & viewing privileges in VCA Members forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Regional forums
  • Posting privileges in the Grail Trail (Herb Helbig) forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Viper Events and Gatherings forum
  • Ability to upload and display personal avatar (Vipers only please)
  • Ability to write and use personal signature for all posts
  • Ability to see all content in Illustrated Upgrades
  • Gallery privileges up to 500 MB of uploads
  • Up to 5000 Private Messages allowed
  • FREE Classified ad posting
  • Access to exclusive SRT merchandise in VCA Members forum
  • Future exclusives such as VCA private auctions, online renewals, and much more!
Oh, and if you have elected the Venom option, you get even more benefits including a color-coordinated VENOM tag to show just how much you support the VCA - like this one:
venomby.jpg

As a Viper owner you are eligible to join the VCA with a VERIFIABLE Dodge Viper VIN. If you wish to join the VCA simply call VCA headquarters at 800-998-1110 with your credit card and VIN in hand. You can also join online 24/7 simply by clicking here. New members can join today for just $115! Now if you are currently listed as an Enthusiast and want your status upgraded to Viper Owner, drop a PM to either Lee (Lee00blacksilverGTS), John (big-n-italian), Leslie (Leslie), Tony (ViperTony) or Scott (CitySnake) with your Viper VIN and we will get you set up as quickly as possible. Just remember that if you really want to get the very most from this site, VCA Membership is the King of the Hill - take your Viper ownership to the next level!

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper mania, you'll get plenty of good advice from the owners here. Home you enjoy you 08, just remember reds the fastest color, just ask Chad!!!:D

OP
OP
V

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys rock!

Hey Kris...welcome aboard. I live in Edison, about a 30-40 min. ride from you. As far as a Viper tech in our area I know of only 2 choices. You have a Dodge dealer in southern NJ named "Buhler". He would be the closest. I have not had any experience with them. The other choice is a little farther and that would be Chuck Tator (aka "The Wizard"). His place is in northern Westchester. That is where I go. Cannot ask for anyone better. He did my high flow cats and corsa exhaust on my 08 Coupe. Hopefully by summer's end I will have the Mopar PCM put in by him. If you need any further info you can PM me.

Tator's looks to be about 2:45 drive according to mapquest. I know he is the man, so maybe I will make the trek. I will look into Buhler too. They are much closer. Thanks!!

Belanger headers, Corsa Cat back, MOPAR PCM, Moton/Eibach suspension upgrades, MGW shifter, Woodhouse motor mounts and trans mount, Euroteck 2 pc. rotors, Quaife rear end and 3:55 gears.

The Racelogic traction control will not currently work on the Gen4 cars so there is not an options as of yet.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Racelogic. As soon as traction control is available, I definitely want to get it. The other mentioned mods seem interesting. I want to get the PCM and the motor and transmission mounts... Can I order them from your site? I am not looking for more speed.... yet ;-)

Welcome!
NJ Viper Club

I am definitely joining!
I just subscribed to the Viper Magazine.

Thanks Everyone!!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kris, Welcome...

I lived in the Marlton/Mt.Laurel area my entire life up until about 7 months ago.

Where did you buy the car from?? Local dealer?

CH Triplex DOES have a Viper Tech. I used him once and they were pretty good. Thats you best bet local...

Good luck with it.... BE CAREFUL...... Get used to the car before you really get into it. No quick throttle movements, keep it smooth, and youll be fine.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mjorgensen, just a question. Why Eurotek rotors instead of the AeroRotors that SRT put on the ACR?

OP
OP
V

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kris, Welcome...

I lived in the Marlton/Mt.Laurel area my entire life up until about 7 months ago.

Where did you buy the car from?? Local dealer?

CH Triplex DOES have a Viper Tech. I used him once and they were pretty good. Thats you best bet local...

Good luck with it.... BE CAREFUL...... Get used to the car before you really get into it. No quick throttle movements, keep it smooth, and youll be fine.

Thanks! I got the car from a local guy named Robert. It has 2k miles and it is mint.

Cherry Triplex. Now that is REALLY LOCAL! I will check them out for quick fixes. I see Buhler is the local NJ Viper Club dealer, so now I am swaying that way. They are about an hour away, but a good friend lives about 10 minutes away and that will give me a reason to visit every now and then.

I will definitely respect the car. Much faster than my other sports cars. I am not looking to street race, or anything crazy like that. Go to the track, sure. But safety is first. I need a few months learning it before I do anything though. I see a lot of late night driving on back roads in my near future. :2tu:

Thanks Again!!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I got the car from a local guy named Robert. It has 2k miles and it is mint.

Cherry Triplex. Not that is REALLY LOCAL! I will check them out. I see Buhler is the local NJ Viper Club dealer, so now I am swaying that way. They are about an hour away, but I good friend lives about 10 minutes away and that will give me a reason to visit every now and then.

I will definitely respect the car. Much faster than my other sports cars. I am not looking to street race, or anything crazy like that. Go to the track, sure. But safety is first. I need a few months learning it before I do anything though. I see a lot of late night driving on back roads in my near future. :2tu:

Thanks Again!!

Yes, Buhler has a great reputation. But they are a haul for you.
If was thinking CH Triplex more for warranty type work... If your talkimg mods. I would not use them...

Chuck Tator is the man to see as well... But your talking a solid 2.5 hours North from Burlington County.

OP
OP
V

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, for mods I will go to Buhler or Tator. Warranty work, Cherry Hill Triplex. Sounds like a plan. Thanks!!

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George is the Viper tech at Buhlers.He's a great guy and does a lot of work on Vipers because they sell a lot there.I have a 96 GTS and have had headers , exhaust ,gears ,brakes along with maintenace work and have never had a problem.I assume he would be excellent with the 2008 also.

Reaction score
Answered below for you VVVVV

You guys rock!

Tator's looks to be about 2:45 drive according to mapquest. I know he is the man, so maybe I will make the trek. I will look into Buhler too. They are much closer. Thanks!!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Racelogic. As soon as traction control is available, I definitely want to get it. The other mentioned mods seem interesting. I want to get the PCM and the motor and transmission mounts... Can I order them from your site? I am not looking for more speed.... yet ;-)

Our website right now is not the way, just call me at work or on my cell and I will personally take care of you. We also haul cars all over the country if you ever need anything from us. :2tu:

I am definitely joining!
I just subscribed to the Viper Magazine.

Thanks Everyone!!

Reaction score
Hey Jorgensen, just a question. Why Eurotek rotors instead of the AeroRotors that SRT put on the ACR?

For most the Eurotecks are great and at a fair price, there is nothing wrong with the Stoptechs or the ACR rotors. One is more expensive and the other is not available.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Kris, and congratulations on your 2008 Coupe~! Picking it up Friday, ah, no sleep for the excited THIS week!!!! With your 2008 purchase, your Viper membership is FREE...the dealer turns in the paperwork, you can follow up by calling JRT/Viper HQ at 1-800-998-1110 (so they can know which VCA Region you wish to belong to and get your VCA# for the moderators to upgrade you to VCA Member!). You can UPGRADE to VENOM (as Venomiss stated) by paying $35 more (total of $150 per year usually). BUT, you still need to do ONE thing: Private Message your new VIN# to the moderators (lee00blacksilvergts/kcobean) to UPGRADE you for now to VIPER OWNER.
Congratulations and enjoy! ~juli

I have to also add CHUCK TATOR for the Viper Tech for you...he's worth the drive! Any questions you have also, you can call him 1-914-763-3136. NOT to discount Buhler or Mark Jorgensen either!

OP
OP
V

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are all cool. I look forward to meeting you all. I get involved in Hummer events with my H1 and plan to do the Viper stuff too. Already ordered a ton of shirts for my lady and myself. I am trying to pick it up on Wednesday. We will see. I will keep everyone posted and get pics up as soon as I get her.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kris,

Welcome to Viper Ownership and hopefully the VCA! As Mary pointed out if you bought the car new, you will get a one year free membership to the VCA:2tu:

If you did not it's an easy fix, and well worth it to boot:headbang: , as Mary also pointed out.

Your closest dealers here in NJ are Buhler and Warnock Dodge, these two dealers have great Viper techs and will take care of all your needs.

Come out to NJ's Somerville cruise to meet our NJ members and officers on Friday night June 19th

Again! Welcome Aboard :2tu:

Welcome!
NJ Viper Club

If you purchased your Viper new you should have one free year of VCA membership.
Let's you see more of this site along with other goodies listed:

VCA Member (paid members)
  • Posting privileges in all general Viper Forums
  • Posting & viewing privileges in VCA Members forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Regional forums
  • Posting privileges in the Grail Trail (Herb Helbig) forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Viper Events and Gatherings forum
  • Ability to upload and display personal avatar (Vipers only please)
  • Ability to write and use personal signature for all posts
  • Ability to see all content in Illustrated Upgrades
  • Gallery privileges up to 500 MB of uploads
  • Up to 5000 Private Messages allowed
  • FREE Classified ad posting
  • Access to exclusive SRT merchandise in VCA Members forum
  • Future exclusives such as VCA private auctions, online renewals, and much more!
Oh, and if you have elected the Venom option, you get even more benefits including a color-coordinated VENOM tag to show just how much you support the VCA - like this one:
venomby.jpg

As a Viper owner you are eligible to join the VCA with a VERIFIABLE Dodge Viper VIN. If you wish to join the VCA simply call VCA headquarters at 800-998-1110 with your credit card and VIN in hand. You can also join online 24/7 simply by clicking here. New members can join today for just $115! Now if you are currently listed as an Enthusiast and want your status upgraded to Viper Owner, drop a PM to either Lee (Lee00blacksilverGTS), John (big-n-italian), Leslie (Leslie), Tony (ViperTony) or Scott (CitySnake) with your Viper VIN and we will get you set up as quickly as possible. Just remember that if you really want to get the very most from this site, VCA Membership is the King of the Hill - take your Viper ownership to the next level!

OP
OP
V

ViperRocker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds Great! I will try to make the June 19th date. As long as work has me in town, I'll be there!

Thanks for the heads-up on the dealer/techs.

It's a little wet today (here in Jersey), I hope the rest of the weeks gets better weather.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss