deposit paid , can anyone lookover/ drive in the chicago area

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
As you may know i'm over in the UK looking to buy/import a gen2 rt10 in yellow ...... finally found a car that seems perfect !!! at last !!!!!

but looking for some help from anyone in the chicage area ,that could have a good look over and drive the car for me .

I have paid a deposit ,so the dealer has no problem about someone driving the car for me , i'm just looking for peace of mind from someone who knows what to look for , before handing over my hard earned cash !!!!!!!

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it

many thanks in advance
Les

OP
OP
V

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooopps , sorry forgot to post where !!!!

its at Chicago Motor Cars .

Chicago Motor Cars
27 W 110 NORTH AVE
WEST CHICAGO, Illinois 60185

thanks
Les

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how to research this, but West Chicago is the same town where one of the least scruptulous (sp?) Viper tuners of all time did business for many years. If that car was ever in SVSs shop, I'm sure it has more than its share of bailing wire fixes. Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes:

Not sure if theres even a way to know this, but be certain to have the car checked out by a reputable VCA member....there are lots of good guys in the IL VCA....no need to take the risk that this is a former SVS customer car trying to be unloaded.:nono:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a few luxo chicago dealers that advertise very similarly. I almost bought a car (can probably be researched from my past posts from abouta year ago) from exotic-motors in Chicago. Very shady. "No accidents clean carfax etc" and then you can clearly see that the front fascia is completely repainted an off color. The price was, at that time at least, too good to be true. A clean gen 2 like that should probably have a "buy it now" for about 40k....so why is the buy it now so cheap? Realistically if the buy it now is 36XXXX then the car can be had for some amount less. I would really have this car carefully inspected because I have known and gotten PM's from members that had dealerships to really steer clear from. I am very glad I stayed away from the one I mentioned in this post. I can't vouch for this dealership, but I have seen them advertise some very "clean" cars for very cheap....cheaper than private sale...so where are they making money?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sent you a pm, I would check out the IL VCA club, a bunch of us will be in that area Sat for a Viper tech day

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happen to know the owner, not well but I almost bought a car from him. It was a yellow RT as well. I can tell you they move alot of cars.
I will be in the area on Wednesday of next week, but that is the earliest I can do it as I have a continuing legal education seminar all weekend :crazy2:. Although I am no mechanic, I do have some experience with yellow RTs. :2tu:

Pm me if you can wait until wednesday.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say the car looks very clean :2tu: Only observations I can see are Original Gear shift. You might want to think about a Short throw Shifter. Its got the Factory Radio/ CD (same as my car). The CD is OK but the Radio does not pick up many UK radio stations, so again something to think about upgrading once you get the car to the UK if all goes well. Get the VCA guys to check it out for you :) The paint code and build sticker is on the Drivers door too :2tu: Just visible in one of the pics. Some new windscreen wipers are also worth getting (cheaper in the US).

Dont forget the RED paint :D

Does seem cheap though! Good Luck.

OP
OP
V

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to all offers of help i had with my search
but the sale didnt go ahead

so back to looking again !!!!
many thanks
Les

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Viper1Day,

I see that you bought a different Viper. What's the story with this one in Chicago? I'm thinking about buying it. Why did you decide not to? Any thing I should look out for?

And has anyone seen this viper in person?

Thanks!!!!

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my 02 rt10 from them last summer for 44,000 usd. im in ontario canada. p.m. me for my phone number! Kevin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper