Loans on Older Cars

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, guys!

When I pulled my loan for my 1993 2 years ago, Eloan said "with good credit you can finance anything" whereas the other 2 lenders had age stipulations on the vehicle (at the time 2002 and newer). Does anyone know of a bank/credit union that will lend on an older car?

Reason being I have a buyer for my car but Eloan is outsourcing to Lending Tree now and they won't do an older car. He's trying to find someone that will lend him the money and is running out of options. Has anyone financed an older car recently, or am I the only dude around these parts that went the lending route? Thanks in advance!

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try JJBESTBANC co. They are out of Chatham Ma and will loan on almost anything. I financed my 94 back in 2004 with them. Goolge them and call them. They are easy to deal with and at the time I got 8.99% for 72 mo on a 10 year old car not to bad. Good luck

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The world of auto financing has changed forever.. Take what ever deals were out there 3 years ago, and pretend they never existed. Financing that car will be tough. JJ Best will want 20% down, and OUTSTANDING credit, and very little outstanding debt.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think my guy can swing the $5k for that. I've passed along all this information. Thanks, guys!

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

For what it is worth I just purchased my '96 GTS last month through a local Credit Union here in the Phoenix area. The rate was 7.99% and their only stipulation was that they would only finance up to 80% of the value of the vehicle based on the Kelly Blue Book "Private Party- Good Condition". If there are any credit unions in your area they may be worth a try. Good Luck!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my guy can swing the $5k for that. I've passed along all this information. Thanks, guys!

Well, He is financing a -$30k car... So, I wasnt sure...

Give it a shot, the worst they can say is no...

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Join a Credit Union. Almost all will finance anything. Mine requires an appraisal, which makes sense, older cars have a wide range of value.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EDIT : Sorry everybody. I didn't realize I just responded to a post from six months ago.

For what it's worth, it was a very clever and funny reply to Dave6666's post, but I decided to kill it.

Last edited: