Vipers at the Biltmore! August 22-23!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

On August 22nd-23rd, the Carolinas Region will be hosting a Viper event at the Biltmore! (BILTMORE in Asheville, North Carolina, Americas Largest Home and More!) It is the largest privately owned home in the U.S., at over 175,000 square feet and 250 rooms, built by Vanderbilt in Asheville, NC, and will make for one of the best Viper photo ops ever! We already have several Canadian VCA members coming down from Ontario, Canada, and everyone else is invited to come!

More details on the itinerary will come soon, but the general plan is:
Friday - distant members (including from Canada) arrive
Saturday - morning tour of Biltmore, lunch on-site, afternoon option of scenic cruise or on-site winery tour, evening social
Sunday - early morning photo shoot, scenic cruising

See the next post for the response form and where to send it! Don't miss this event! (Copy the response form in the next post and email it to Don with your information so we can get a block of rooms on-site reserved for those interested in staying on-site.)

Note, for those of you who are current Carolinas Region members, the entry fee is free!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“VIPERS”

AT THE

THE BILTMORE

RESPONSE FORM

NAME:_____________________________________________

CAR: YEAR__________ MODEL_________________

NUMBER ATTENDING THE BILTMORE ESTATE:_______

(GROUP RATE of $34.00 per person (Normally $55.00), or
$0.00 (up to 2 people) for current members of VCA – Carolinas Region)

(This fee gains you access to the 8,000 acres on the estate to include the Biltmore House, Gardens, Winery & River Bend Farm)

NUMBER ATTENDING THE DEERPARK BUFFET:______

($18.95 per person)

STAYING AT THE “INN at the BILTMORE” YES___NO___

(GROUP RATE of $249.00 PER NIGHT

(Half off the normal summer weekend rate)

Go to: BILTMORE in Asheville, North Carolina, Americas Largest Home and More!for other area hotels

NUMBER ATTENDING THE BREAKFAST :______

ON SUNDAY MORNING AFTER THE PHOTO SHOOT

($18.95 per person for the buffet

or you can chose to go “a la carte”)

*PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN 15 JUNE!*

EMAIL YOUR RESPONSE TO:

DON SMITH (301) 643-5588

[email protected]

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a tentative itinerary and subject to change.

Saturday August 22nd:

9:00 a.m.
Arrive at entrance to Biltmore Estate and pick up tickets at Group Sales Office, $34.00 per adult (discounted group rate), normally $55.00

9:30 a.m.
Get cars parked in display area

10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Self-guided visit of Biltmore House & Gardens

12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Travel to Deerpark Restaurant and group lunch buffet at the Deerpark Restaurant ($18.95 per person)

Saturday Afternoon Options, either (or maybe both, TBD):

Scenic cruise off site

Self-guided visit of Winery and Biltmore site

7:00 p.m.
A relaxing informal social/gathering at the “Inn at the Biltmore”

Check in at the “Inn at the Biltmore” can be done during the afternoon and/or prior to the evening social.

Sunday August 23rd:

7:00 a.m.
VCA Photo shoot in front of the Biltmore house

8:00 a.m.
Breakfast buffet at the Inn at the Biltmore

9:00 a.m.
Leave the Biltmore Estate & for those heading west or otherwise interested, travel to the Tail of the Dragon and/or the Great Smokey Mountains for additional scenic driving.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do most people do with their kids for events like this? I have my wife and 5 year old daughter. I guess my wife could ride up ther with someone else if someone from Raleigh has extra space in their car.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do most people do with their kids for events like this? I have my wife and 5 year old daughter. I guess my wife could ride up ther with someone else if someone from Raleigh has extra space in their car.

Great question, I'm sure we can work something out! Presumably that's a concern for attending any event that involves more than the two people that a Viper can (lawfully) accomodate. For other cruises, events, etc., people have often brought along an additional vehicle for the kids, or arranged for an extra person to ride along in another Viper owner who is otherwise solo at the event. I think we can work up a solution one way or the other, and as more people respond, hopefully we can see about putting together a group coming from the east that can accomodate any additional people!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds AAAAAWESOME! I hope I can make it from Maryland!

We hope you can make it too! Between posts here, emails, ***, and phone calls, there's been a lot of interest already!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don who is receiving the sign-up sheets has already gotten about 10 in the first day, so we're off to a good start!

Just to clarify, we are looking to have those interested generally let us know so we can coordinate on the numbers, but especially want to know before June 15th from those who want to stay at the Inn at the Biltmore, so we can set up the block of rooms for reservation before they otherwise sell out.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just confirmed 8 are coming down from Toronto / Ontario! This is going to be great!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I have 4 Vipers so far from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area interested in attending.

Great to hear! If any of them are interested in the Biltmore at the reduced rate, have them get their information to Don Smith per the response form above by June 15th so we can set up the group room reservation, or everyone can submit the response form online here:

Vipers At The Biltmore - Response Form

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminder, if you're interested in the group rate for the Biltmore, send us your info by Monday!

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that today June 15th is the response deadline for The Vipers at The Biltmore event scheduled for August 22nd and August 23rd at The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC

Check out the details of the event here
VIPERS at THE BILTMORE

Be sure to get your response in today here
Vipers At The Biltmore - Response Form

or call Don Smith at 301-643-5588

Thank You
JL Adams
VP/Secretary
Carolinas Viper Club of America
Carolinas Viper Club - The Official Viper Club Website for North and South Carolina VCA Members.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many do you think will be attending?

Hard to say, there was an initial rush to sign up to stay at the Biltmore, and I'm sure more will sign up to actually attend the event (e.g., stay at an off-site hotel, which we will be providing information about soon). I wouldn't be surprised to see 40-50 Vipers, maybe more?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to make this, how many cars have singed up?

I believe at least 25 so far already, and the early signup was to get in for on-site reservations, others can sign up later on and we'll have off-site lodging information available soon!

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who all is going and not staying at the Biltmore? If so where are you staying? Needing some recomendations, etc. I'd like to stay where a few more of you Viper guys will be staying.

Thanks
Steve

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who all is going and not staying at the Biltmore? If so where are you staying? Needing some recomendations, etc. I'd like to stay where a few more of you Viper guys will be staying.

Thanks
Steve

Most of the early ones are either staying at the Biltmore or are local, though a few were not. We are soliciting suggestions for a single off-site location from some of our Asheville members, and once we get that worked out, we'll get the word out so everyone staying off-site can stay together.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the early ones are either staying at the Biltmore or are local, though a few were not. We are soliciting suggestions for a single off-site location from some of our Asheville members, and once we get that worked out, we'll get the word out so everyone staying off-site can stay together.

John,when we went to Biltmore last year, we stayed right outside the entrance at the Sleep Inn Biltmore. Beside them is the Double Tree Biltmore. The Sleep Inn is around $120 and the Double Tree is around $210. when we go on this trip, we plan on staying at the Sleep Inn Friday night, and the Biltmore Inn on Saturday. One more thing, you get what you pay for, meaning the Sleep Inn is nothing more than a small room and a bathroom. That's fine with us, but if someone requires more pampering, they may want to consider the Double Tree Biltmore. Both had very secure outdoor parking.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,when we went to Biltmore last year, we stayed right outside the entrance at the Sleep Inn Biltmore. Beside them is the Double Tree Biltmore. The Sleep Inn is around $120 and the Double Tree is around $210. when we go on this trip, we plan on staying at the Sleep Inn Friday night, and the Biltmore Inn on Saturday. One more thing, you get what you pay for, meaning the Sleep Inn is nothing more than a small room and a bathroom. That's fine with us, but if someone requires more pampering, they may want to consider the Double Tree Biltmore. Both had very secure outdoor parking.

Thanks, the Sleep Inn was the place we have been considering suggesting to those offsite, since it is right outside.