Replacement Tires -

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off, for all of you who will jump all over me if there is already a duplicate thread . . . sorry . . . I couldn't find one. Shut up and get off my back! :mad:

That being said; I want to replace the tires on my 2006 SRT convertible. What have you all done? What seems to be best overall, best value, flat out "cheapest", etc. Quite honestly, I will probably go with the last mentioned option. THE CHEAPEST. Have you found that online purchases (i.e. Jon B) are worth it once you add shipping and mounting or is it just as cheap/cheaper to use a reputable local tire place? Please, help. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say!!!!

:confused:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like your statement as I too am tired of the search comments. Yes, Jon has the best price inc. fast and cheap shipping. He sells a lot of the Kumhos for the Viper and many on here swear by them for the grip, performance and low price. Give him a call and he can offer good advice. I buy from Jon and then have my dealer tech or Discount Tire do the balance and mounting.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the new Kumho XS's and love them when the streets are warm.

+1 on Kumho XS'!!! You won't find a less expensive, decent quality Viper tire.

Most of the site vendors have decent prices on them. Best to call and ask for prices, shipping, etc.

I think there's a thread on this somewhere... :jk: :D

Last edited:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to my local Discount Tire Dealer and got an awesome deal on Kumhos and they are great Tires. Shop and compare with both online and local dealers. It seemed much more convenient to buy and have them mounted all in one place, plus they offered a no questions asked replacement warranty. :2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was about to order a set of less expensive Kumho's over the PS2's. Then I read something about the stickier compound and sandblasting the paint that I hadn't considered.

My new PS2's were waiting for me on my front porch yesterday when I got home from work. Thanks, Jon. :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to order a set of less expensive Kumho's over the PS2's. Then I read something about the stickier compound and sandblasting the paint that I hadn't considered.

My new PS2's were waiting for me on my front porch yesterday when I got home from work. Thanks, Jon. :)

Jeff, the PS2's sandblast too...I have a fresh set on and they pick up everything on the road/track. No complaints as the tires are awesome!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, the PS2's sandblast too...I have a fresh set on and they pick up everything on the road/track. No complaints as the tires are awesome!

Yes, but probably not nearly as much as the stickier Kuhmos. A sticky compound is going to pick up more road debris, which will be flung off.

At any rate I'm anxious to see the difference in handling with my new PS2's versus the original OEM tires I replaced that had a 1998 DOT code on the sidewall. Got some brake work to take care of first.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, without trying to get your hopes up too much, it'll be night/day difference between fresh PS2's and your 1998 tires. Have fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth