I NEED TIRES...What do you think?

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We took our ACR to the "Tail of the Dragon" and getting about time for some new tires. I am thinking I can continue to run the Sport cups on the rear and put some 09 Viper tires with tread on the front... Will it handle OK for street driving/ drag strip sometimes? Will it be OK to mix? What tires should I buy? Please tell me what you think! I have 3200 mi on these tires and about 40% rubber left. KUHMOS rear, Original Sport Cups on front? HELP!! :dunno: :dunno: :omg: :rolleyes: :drive:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I would not mix them just replace with the cups if you are happy with them now. The mileage you get is the trade off for the stick that's the only way to look at tires.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy,
Any reason why this is in the "posting policies" thread?
I think it all depends on your driving intentions. If you're planning on doing most of your driving on the street and occasional track/strip use, there's a multitude of choices/opinions about what to put on. Preference and price will be a factor. Hope this helps.
Chip

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chip, I realize NOW I screwed up and put this in the wrong place. I apologize to the VCA for my stupidity. We really did enjoy our trip with the club last weekend. :dunno: :crazy2: :(

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you still need advise on tires, give ol' JonB a call at PartsRack. That's where I got my set a month ago. Price and Service!
Chip

V

Venomiss

We'll be looking for Maurices pictures and write up in the upcoming magazines.;)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy, you should have heard the guys up at the Deal's Gap Resort going on about your car!!! I had to keep telling everyone I don't know you!! LOL

- J

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a bad idea to mix and match tires on any car and the higher performance the car is the worse an idea it is

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Luke has been giving great advice and selling tires to Viper owners for as long as I can remember. He is at extension #362 and he has treated me, Mark , and Woodhouse right with wonderful advice and care forever. :2tu:

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed tires for my 99 GTS. I had John Archer mount PS2's. First drive was around the track at speed and with no doubt these tires are far better than the old Sport Cup's.
These are street tire's. Kumo's, I would think are more of a track tire.

Do not mix your tires types!:nono:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy some extra wheels (even used ones) and mount a set of PS2s. They're so good ZR1s even switched! Check out all the tire threads in search. watch my YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. drifting VOI X video (under RTTTTed) to see and hear the PS2s amazing performance in serious wet conditions. Bought them from JonB

Ted