IN/KY VCA Mtg. Noon (EDT) Saturday, 6/13/09...Overlook, Leavenworth, IN...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY VCA Meeting @ Noon (EDT) Saturday, 6/13/09...Overlook, Leavenworth, IN...

This monthly business meeting will take place at the Overlook Restaurant, located in Leavenworth, Indiana. This area of beautiful, hilly Southern Indiana is about 25 miles south and west of New Albany, IN which is just across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.

The Overlook is perched on a high bluff that affords a fantastic panorama of the Ohio River and the surrounding countryside. Here is a link to the restaurant:

The Overlook - Home

Since members will be arriving from many different directions, here are a few suggestions:

FROM THE NORTH (say, from Indy)...Take I-65 SOUTH to EXIT 6B, then MERGE on to I-265 WEST and go about 6 miles to I-64. Take I-64 WEST (WEST toward St. Louis) to Exit 92. Get off at Exit 92 and " Take Highway 66 three miles SOUTH to junction with Highway 62. Make a left on Hwy. 62. We're a half mile down on the right." ( The Overlook, 1153
W State Road 62, Leavenworth, IN).

FROM THE WEST (say, from Evansville)...Take I-64 EAST ( toward Louisville) to EXIT 92. Get off at Exit 92 and " Take Highway 66 three miles SOUTH to junction with Highway 62. Make a left on Hwy. 62. We're a half mile down on the right." ( The Overlook, 1153 W State Road 62, Leavenworth, IN).

FROM THE EAST (say, Cincinnati)...Take I-71 SOUTH toward Louisville. In Louisville I-71 ends and merges onto I-64 WEST via EXIT 1A toward ST. LOUIS. Then continue on I-64 through Louisville, crossing the Sherman Minton Bridge (double decker) over the Ohio River into Indiana. Continue on I-64 toward St. Louis to EXIT 92. Get off at Exit 92 and " Take Highway 66 three miles SOUTH to junction with Highway 62. Make a left on Hwy. 62. We're a half mile down on the right." ( The Overlook, 1153 W State Road 62, Leavenworth, IN).

FROM THE SOUTHEAST (say, Lexington)...Take I-64 to Louisville and continue on I-64 through Louisville, crossing the Sherman Minton Bridge (double decker) over the Ohio River into Indiana. Continue on I-64 toward St. Louis to EXIT 92. Get off at Exit 92 and " Take Highway 66 three miles SOUTH to junction with Highway 62. Make a left on Hwy. 62. We're a half mile down on the right." ( The Overlook, 1153 W State Road 62, Leavenworth, IN).

You MAY wish to travel in "Convoys"...if so, I suggest that you swap cell phone numbers with your fellow travelers...AND, IF you have FRS radios (such as the Motorola TalkAbout), tune them to Channel "5"and Security Code "0" for communications over short distances.

REMEMBER: 2009 IN/KY VCA Members' meals will be paid for by the Club !!!

KEEP IN MIND that this meeting will start at Noon EDT (which is Noon "Indy-Cincy-Louisville-time")...corresponding to 11:00 AM CDT (which is 11:00 AM "Evansville-Chicago-time").

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Current weather forecasts for Saturday:

Indy area...few AM showers.

Leavenworth,IN and Louisville, KY...30% chance of thunderstorms.

Obviously, all of the above info can change.

If you are concerned about driving your Viper once Saturday actually arrives...drive another car and enjoy a meal with your fellow members!!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What a great location...steep hills, blind curves, beautiful views of Indiana hills and valleys...to say nothing about the fantastic view of the Ohio River.

Lots of cycles, Porsches, and some potent Vipers!!!

These roads are NOT for the faint of heart! We need to do this again!!!