What is a good high performance radiator for paxton viper

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!
thanks Tony

I've been thinking about a new radiator but couldn't bring myself to spend $800 for a rad that required me to mod the fans

this is perfect
is it an original Roe design?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!
thanks Tony

I've been thinking about a new radiator but couldn't bring myself to spend $800 for a rad that required me to mod the fans

this is perfect
is it an original Roe design?

Yea.... $800 and I was not a buyer either ;)

I think Sean is having them custom made for our cars. He had one in his car and three other cars (not mine) for a while to just see how they would do. I think mine was the first out of the normal production. Since the front intercooler was installed on my car I have had higher temps than I like, especially with the a/c on. I could tell there was definitely a difference with this radiator when we went on the Al/Tn cruise. It is three lbs lighter (I weighed them) than stock, comes with bolts. You do have to use the two rubber grommets off the bottom of the stock radiator....Roe's has the studs (can see them in the picture) for those grommets to fit on. I made some pictures but my high tech 3.5 floppy camera is awaiting for my other laptop to be repaired that had a 3.5 drive :D

Here is the Roe photo:

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So how much of a difference did you notice in the temps?

Thats part of my issue is my front mount and driving in texas...i just dont think that the stock can keep up

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where he is having these made? The Fluidyne has been referred to as junk from China. Wondering if these may someday be named custom junk from China. Not that Sean sells junk, as I've got his products on my car, but I've had some bad radiator experiences. So I ask annoying questions up front.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I will be ordering one of those radiators from Sean tomorrow. I have been looking for a while now, and since Sean is a great guy and easy to deal with. It's a win/win situation.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where he is having these made? The Fluidyne has been referred to as junk from China. Wondering if these may someday be named custom junk from China. Not that Sean sells junk, as I've got his products on my car, but I've had some bad radiator experiences. So I ask annoying questions up front.

Made in the USA !!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how much of a difference did you notice in the temps?

Thats part of my issue is my front mount and driving in texas...i just dont think that the stock can keep up

Exact temps I can't quote, but last year on the same cruise I had to keep cycling the A/C, this year I didn't have to and the outside temps were at least as high.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put in a 4 core radiator and then built another 24" to go along the bottom of the car, 180 degree thermostat, adjustments to the fan, and a couple of other things. One a 98 degree day not over 210.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never had a heating problem with my stock rad and 172T. Hoping it stays that way.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same as the rest of the world. 90F for most of Aug highs of 115 and lows of 80F

Wayyyyy to hot! My a/c works.

We just have better scenery and none of our roads are straight.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90 deg F? Summer???

We have winter days like that! :lmao:

Back to the topic at hand, I think I'm sold on that Roe radiator for my N/A car. For the $$, worth a shot. But what is the conclusion for a blown car? Is a triple pass adequate or should the monster Fluidyne be the standard?

:tx: :sun: :tx:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
call todd at a&c performance 951 696 0500 thats were i got mine for my gen one paxton its a work of art . tell him you spoke to roger..

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The guys at UGR use the Alans triple pass on their forced induction cars. Both turbo and blower. We emailed back and forth a few times about it, he said it works fine for them. So I would assume the Roe unit will work just as well.

OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well for the price i can give it a try....hopefully with the new water pump and radiator i can stop looking at my temp gauge

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
90 deg F? Summer???

We have winter days like that! :lmao:

Back to the topic at hand, I think I'm sold on that Roe radiator for my N/A car. For the $$, worth a shot. But what is the conclusion for a blown car? Is a triple pass adequate or should the monster Fluidyne be the standard?

:tx: :sun: :tx:

Once more and I'll stop hijacking this thread. I was in Florida and it was 90F - felt like 72F here. Kinda weird - 90F here feels like an oven and causes siesta time.

I also noticed that it's a good thing you guys don't have any tides. Even a small tide would flood Texas and Florida, just leaving us Mountaineers alive.

Ted

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks Tony. I might order one soon here before Sean wakes up and starts charging what other guys charge for theirs!

Anyone know where it is made?
I hear that! Some of the brands are very proud! Dave, my "NEW" design Ron Davis seems to be holding on this time!! :omg: They revamped the design. I have a feeling they may have solved their issue. :dunno: We'll see!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What he sells is a triple pass made by PWR. $685 and you gotta install all your own mounts on the unit from what he was describing.

dave on my gen 1 it fit perfectly using existing mounts all i did have to do is trim a little piece around the shroud on lower hose outlet took me a hour to replace it