Stock 08 Viper 1/4 Mile Times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't race any GT-Rs then, there are plenty out there running in well in to the 10's at well over 130 MPH, and can do it on the street.....

Heard that!

Ask Jamie what the best time he can run with a 2.1 60' @128MPH. You can slip the clutch anyway you want but some tracks just **** for track prep and you cant get a good 60'. I have pulled one 1.7x and many 1.8x 60' and 1.9x 60' but I chose to go to a track that I know is prepped well, Just like Jamie. Ask Jamie to go run a low 11 on a Midnight Drags night, not goin to happen.
I actually only race maybe 4 or 5 times a year on a dragstrip, usually fall and spring and once or twice in the summer as I usually like DE's and road courses in the summer as the cars don't run as good at the dragstrip in 90 degree weather. I agree with a bad 60' its hard to run a good et but I did run an 11.22 at 128 at midnight madness last summer on my best run. 2.0 60' in my Z06 usually result in 11.4 at 127 mph runs. But its all different at every track and its definately hard to run good times at a regular track night, waiting and hoping for traction and a good leave after sitting for an hour is tough. If I can't get traction I usually don't run the mph I can with traction, and if you mph good, et's usually follow suit.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize from my earlier comments to Jay, I guess from reading your posts that you took offense. That was not the intention. And BTW, I went to famoso not fontana, my bad. Famoso was a great track the day I went to it. You could leave very hard!

1badgts is not correct in his statement above. Just because you have the MPH doesnt mean you are going to run a low 11. If the track ***** for the first 100' then he will never be able to make it up, PERIOD. You can still run a great MPH but not stick, because of track prep or track conditions, and not run a low 11(11.0-11.3). Ask Jamie what the best time he can run with a 2.1 60' @128MPH. You can slip the clutch anyway you want but some tracks just **** for track prep and you cant get a good 60'. I have pulled one 1.7x and many 1.8x 60' and 1.9x 60' but I chose to go to a track that I know is prepped well, Just like Jamie. Ask Jamie to go run a low 11 on a Midnight Drags night, not goin to happen. The first 100-200' is covered with rubber pellets/balls from ricers and everyone else on regular street tires.
One last point, if the track is capable of a 1.8x 60' or better time and run 128+mph or higher then a low 11 is in the bag with a good driver.

Jay, I think you could do better than a 11.88 if the track is prepped ok. That is all I was pointing out. My first run off the trailer in famoso was a 11.8@124 mph .I had a 2.1 60' and hadnt drag raced in over a year so I was rusty. . BTW, bone stock 08. I agree with you about same track, day, and car but you can also always improve and learn new techniques(I am talking about myself).
I did not say the AVERAGE DRIVER i said FURMAN OR SMITH .Granted track condition is important but i cant tell you how many times ihave seen them post 60 foot times in the 1.9 range and still run low 11s.Last year for example Smith was running 1.9s (60 foots )with my stock Gen 4 and EASILY running in the 11.4 range not pushing the car.As far as midnight drags and low 11s your dead wrong perfect example ten years ago at the Viper Nats(E-TOWN ) i saw Jamie put a Gen 2 making 550 to the tires in the 10s (time after time )on stock Pilots the track was good not great .Evan used to take my Gen 2 (580 )to the tires to Wend test and tune nights at E-Town after approx 1000 runs were done on the track and pull low 11s on stock tires.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't race any GT-Rs then, there are plenty out there running in well in to the 10's at well over 130 MPH, and can do it on the street.....
Stock? I dont think so. But I am sure modded GT-r's are a monster. I need to mod more I know, cars are getting faster and faster.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock?, you car isn't stock... :)

My ACR has 130HP more than my GT-R, and I have a hard time beating it, the GT-R is just too easy to drive fast....

Stock? I dont think so. But I am sure modded GT-r's are a monster. I need to mod more I know, cars are getting faster and faster.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My ACR has 130HP more than my GT-R, and I have a hard time beating it, the GT-R is just too easy to drive fast....

Yeah and you can put lipstick on a pig..............

No offense, Fikse but if you were half a man, you would not mention that bomb on this forum and if you were a whole man, you would grasp a sledgehammer and pummel that *** sh1tbox to the ground. Don't forget to have the woman film the extravaganza and post this delightful video on this forum A.S.A.P. At this point, it is necessary to salvage your reputation and manhood.

Swing, Bambino, swing!!

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wasnt insinuating my car was stock. I am just saying I have never seen a stock GT-R break into the 10's.

The GT is similar to my Bentley in the launch. I can rev my Bentley up to 4-5000 rpm and get practically NO wheelspin, she just bites. And she will beat my Viper to 60 mph most of the time. I can get my Bentley GT to run 3.5-3.7 sec 0-60 all day long.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gotcha, let's add stock then, "The day I get beat by a STOCK car with four seats is the day I trade in my car. Nissan GT-R included." There are plenty of 4 seaters out there that will beat most of us...

I've only seen on Bentley at the track, it did move out quickly, sounded like a jet, ran mid 13's.... not bad for the weight.... I'm guessing you tuned yours to get it going that quick?

I wasnt insinuating my car was stock. I am just saying I have never seen a stock GT-R break into the 10's.

The GT is similar to my Bentley in the launch. I can rev my Bentley up to 4-5000 rpm and get practically NO wheelspin, she just bites. And she will beat my Viper to 60 mph most of the time. I can get my Bentley GT to run 3.5-3.7 sec 0-60 all day long.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The normal Bentley GT 0 to 60 time is about 4.3 seconds. A 3.5 to 3.7 second 0 to sixty time would require significantly more HP. What has been done to the car?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The normal Bentley GT 0 to 60 time is about 4.3 seconds. A 3.5 to 3.7 second 0 to sixty time would require significantly more HP. What has been done to the car?
Maybe he threw the seats into the family minivan. That would be good for 600 pounds of weight loss.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexarz, I have multiple PM's advising about your previous pointless BS, backing down from all challenges, etc....

Sounds like you have your own reputation to worry about around here....

Yeah and you can put lipstick on a pig..............

No offense, Fikse but if you were half a man, you would not mention that bomb on this forum and if you were a whole man, you would grasp a sledgehammer and pummel that *** sh1tbox to the ground. Don't forget to have the woman film the extravaganza and post this delightful video on this forum A.S.A.P. At this point, it is necessary to salvage your reputation and manhood.

Swing, Bambino, swing!!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's stock Bob. I just rev her really high, set it to sport suspension and let her rip. Its all grip. By 70 my Viper is walking her, shes not really geared for drag racing. I dont place much stock in 0-60 times. Relatively high hp cars w/ awd will get some impressive 0-60 times. But that number is misleading in overall speed IMO.

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I apologize from my earlier comments to Jay, I guess from reading your posts that you took offense. That was not the intention. And BTW, I went to famoso not fontana, my bad. Famoso was a great track the day I went to it. You could leave very hard!

1badgts is not correct in his statement above. Just because you have the MPH doesnt mean you are going to run a low 11. If the track ***** for the first 100' then he will never be able to make it up, PERIOD. You can still run a great MPH but not stick, because of track prep or track conditions, and not run a low 11(11.0-11.3). Ask Jamie what the best time he can run with a 2.1 60' @128MPH. You can slip the clutch anyway you want but some tracks just **** for track prep and you cant get a good 60'. I have pulled one 1.7x and many 1.8x 60' and 1.9x 60' but I chose to go to a track that I know is prepped well, Just like Jamie. Ask Jamie to go run a low 11 on a Midnight Drags night, not goin to happen. The first 100-200' is covered with rubber pellets/balls from ricers and everyone else on regular street tires.
One last point, if the track is capable of a 1.8x 60' or better time and run 128+mph or higher then a low 11 is in the bag with a good driver.

Jay, I think you could do better than a 11.88 if the track is prepped ok. That is all I was pointing out. My first run off the trailer in famoso was a 11.8@124 mph .I had a 2.1 60' and hadnt drag raced in over a year so I was rusty. . BTW, bone stock 08. I agree with you about same track, day, and car but you can also always improve and learn new techniques(I am talking about myself).

Thank you~! Thank you~! ;)It seems like everybody has their opinions very well packed. Guys... let's try to keep civilized, yes...:2tu:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexarz, I have multiple PM's advising about your previous pointless BS, backing down from all challenges, etc....

Sounds like you have your own reputation to worry about around here....

Name one challenge I backed down from? When and what was I challenged to do?

Now, I realize that you live in Miami and based on the fact that 75% of Miami males are man lovers, I suspect that your post to me is some sort of ill-advised act of flirtation. Let me correct you before you go any further. I'm not a homo and if that is your challenge, yeah I back down. Now, go polish up that homo magnet GTR and drive it through South Beach. You're sure to find the male companion that you seek there.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a chill pill Alex. Fiske is not a troll deserving your rant. Are you the only Viper owner that is allowed to post pictures and talk about their other cars ?

Save it for those who need it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's stock Bob. I just rev her really high, set it to sport suspension and let her rip. Its all grip. By 70 my Viper is walking her, shes not really geared for drag racing. I dont place much stock in 0-60 times. Relatively high hp cars w/ awd will get some impressive 0-60 times. But that number is misleading in overall speed IMO.

Something has to be different Keith. The Bentley GT has been extensively tested and 0 to 60 times are consistently between 4.3 and 4.4 seconds. Reving it really high and popping it would not account for a .6 to .8 second 0 to 60 time change - an enormous change which would require significant additional HP. It's just not possible. The Bentley GT has a built in traction control so the traction issue can be handled by nannytech. What were you using to measure your 0 to 60 times when you got those readings?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name one challenge I backed down from? When and what was I challenged to do?

Now, I realize that you live in Miami and based on the fact that 75% of Miami males are man lovers, I suspect that your post to me is some sort of ill-advised act of flirtation. Let me correct you before you go any further. I'm not a homo and if that is your challenge, yeah I back down. Now, go polish up that homo magnet GTR and drive it through South Beach. You're sure to find the male companion that you seek there.

The above post is a violation of this Forum's rules and reflects poorly on its auhor and the VCA. It would be appreciated if the Moderator would delete it.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The above post is a violation of this Forum's rules and reflects poorly on its auhor and the VCA. It would be appreciated if the Moderator would delete it.
,,,but it's ok for him to call me a coward, right? Anybody coming on this forum, talking nonsense about his ugly *** car beating up on a Viper has it coming.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it is not alright for him to refer to you in any negative fashion. But your response failed to consider the fact that people of Japanese American heritage and Japanese nationals working in the United States may visit this site and that, based on some prior, recent threads, that the VCA has a number of *** members that frequent this site. I do not know what ethnic group you may belong to but step back and reread your posts by substituting a negative reference to your own ethnic group where you have used the word "***", which is considered an ethnic slur by people of Japanese heritage, and for the word "homo".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper