You must be registered for see images attach

**** motor shot for the hell of it
You must be registered for see images attach

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that legal in CO?

Are you not selling it anymore?

I had a VCA acquaintance in Golden looking for a Silver/Blue GTS.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that legal in CO?

Are you not selling it anymore?

I had a VCA acquaintance in Golden looking for a Silver/Blue GTS.

I thought this car had sold? A buddy of mine called about it about a month ago and got a bunch of REALLY weird responses from the guy answering the phone, and eventually got a PM saying it'd sold.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...I see a lot of tickets in your future. Why would you want to tint the windshield anyway? You do realize that if you happen to get in an accident, and your adjuster comes out and looks at the car, they can deny your claim because of the windshield being tinted. It's like if someone is required to drive with their glasses on and doesn't. It is a form of impairing your vision.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in he south and evey car has tinted windows. As far as impaired vision that is a joke when compared to the glaring sun and it is 100 degrees out.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in he south and evey car has tinted windows. As far as impaired vision that is a joke when compared to the glaring sun and it is 100 degrees out.

Is 30% tint the norm on the front windshield in your area? I would think that would be pushing it.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, 30% does seem to be a little dark for the front
maybe 50% on the windshield

I have 20% on my windows
my tint guy wants me to do tinted windshield but I can't decide since I do a lot of night driving

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the windshield tinted in three cars. It is very light, I believe 60 to 70%. I will check.

The advantage is that the inside of the car looks darker with the additional light not coming in the car through the windshield.... BUT the tint levels are all legal

The car looks dark, as if you are using illegal (dark) film.
But you're not...:D

slate_pc_eurotecks_007.jpg

slate_06_003.jpg

slate_06_004.jpg

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm talking about windshield tint only, the subject of this thread ;).

I have the windshield tinted in three cars. It is very light, I believe 60 to 70%. I will check.

The advantage is that the inside of the car looks darker with the additional light not coming in the car through the windshield.... BUT the tint levels are all legal

The car looks dark, as if you are using illegal (dark) film.
But you're not...:D

slate_pc_eurotecks_007.jpg

slate_06_003.jpg

slate_06_004.jpg

Show me the law in any state where it is perfectly legal to tint below the tint line on a windshield and I'll buy u some beer!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm talking about windshield tint only, the subject of this thread ;).

Show me the law in any state where it is perfectly legal to tint below the tint line on a windshield and I'll buy u some beer!

Show me the law that says you can't or better yet, a clear description of what is legal...:dunno:...;)

I am experimenting with spraying clear with a few drops of brown on the rear coupe glass. I have already applied this process to my headlights and tail lights. The rep from the paint distr. is working with the engineers on the adhesion to glass aspect. Once that's done. What law is broken. It is within the legal tint range.
I hope to cover the orange defroster and the "checked" ugly boundary around the defroster element.

Next would be the inside of the windshield.
Realistically, how could a cop, or anybody know if the front windshield is tinted. The windshield would be removed , sprayed and reinstalled. There wouldn't be any lines etc....:D

This is the clear/brown solution for my tail lights. Works great. I believe it actually helps to protect my headlights from chips.

06_blue-street_serpent_004.jpg

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh, I understand what you are saying, but facts are facts bro! You cannot tint below the tint line that was put on the glass of every American car from the factory! The clear idea is a good one. There was a guy who had done his Titan truck headlights like that and it came out awesome!!

Welcome to TintLaws.com

I went through about 10 states and they were all the same...the windshield law is non reflective tint not below the AS-1 line...

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, it's really not up to anyone to prove to you that anything is legal or illegal. You should be proving it to yourself before you do it.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Texas the DPS are notorious for cutting tint on the side of the road during a traffic stop.

Laws in Texas

Texas Department of Public Safety - Window Tinting Standards

I haven't seen an installer place the sticker on the windows in some time and the DPS uses this as a reason to cite or give you the option of cutting/removing during the stop.

My sides are 18% and the rear is 5%. My installer said 18% will fade slightly even with good tint and put me right at 20% if tested during annual inspection.

On that note I plan on smoking my tail lights, turns and side markers soon as well.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow...I see a lot of tickets in your future. Why would you want to tint the windshield anyway? You do realize that if you happen to get in an accident, and your adjuster comes out and looks at the car, they can deny your claim because of the windshield being tinted. It's like if someone is required to drive with their glasses on and doesn't. It is a form of impairing your vision.
:D I had a friend of the family who is a Doctor give me a letter stating I needed and recommended tint for driving. More or less a prescription I guess. I keep it in the glovebox. :headbang:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT??!!??!? You realize any cop with half a brain will look further into that and find out that it's BS...at least I would! Good luck :)

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WHAT??!!??!? You realize any cop with half a brain will look further into that and find out that it's BS...at least I would! Good luck :)
I used to be in law enforcement, my Brother still is and my Father retired after 32 years. There are better things to chase down than a note for a guy with photosensetivity issues don't you think??? Plus, the Doc is since passed and it would be a little hard to inquire about the note. I'd rather go get a donut! :D Most cops have more important things to do! IMO