Hello

neondork

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill start off by saying I am not a viper owner not yet anyway. Here is my amusing viper story:
Back in 2002 I was 11 and completely in love with all things Honda and drag racing. I remember a specific yellow integra that I was obsessed with. After picking up the USCC edition of Sport Compact Car where I saw said yellow integra get completely destroyed by this insurance agent in his grey thingy I was taken in by road racing. The insurance agent was of course Paul Mumford and the grey thingy a viper. When it came time for me to get a car I quite obviously couldnt afford a viper, somehow I turned up a neon as being the next best thing.

I got a ride in one a short time after I became obsessed with them and I loved every second of it. Im going to go for a GenII acr for my first one, Id love to find the actual car but I guess I could live with any old gunmetal acr :lol:

Ill be sure to come find you guys at Carlisle(feel free to stop by the 2gn.org tent if you walk by) Ill try to make it to a meeting as well I figure throwing myself in Viper culture might make the waiting more bearable

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good story. Welcome to the forums. I got the Viper bug when I was almost 40 so you are way ahead of the curve. My had to have car when I was your age was a ZL1 Camaro.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the dream alive dude until you can make it a reality! Do all your research now, learn and when the time comes that you can afford a Viper, you will have all of the info you will then need!

Most important part though? Dream, and believe in your dream. There are many of us n this site that purchased our cars under 25 years old. You can too. Just focus on your goal and dont let anything sway ya! :2tu:

BTW, glad to see you are already a Dodge boy! Neons are a great leap in the correct direction! :lmao:

Robert

No-Antidote

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep the dream alive dude until you can make it a reality! Do all your research now, learn and when the time comes that you can afford a Viper, you will have all of the info you will then need!

Most important part though? Dream, and believe in your dream. There are many of us n this site that purchased our cars under 25 years old. You can too. Just focus on your goal and dont let anything sway ya! :2tu:

BTW, glad to see you are already a Dodge boy! Neons are a great leap in the correct direction! :lmao:

Robert

Well said! Do something each day to get you one step closer to your Viper. I called my insurance company just to get a quote to see what it would cost. I had no intentions of buying the car yet...but it was one less thing I had to know. I bought mine at 27yrs old. Stay focused and keep the dream alive :2tu:

OP
OP
N

neondork

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Does anybody have an idea what happened to his cars? Oh and I figure Ill throw up a few neon pics:
My new car at a Corvette club event, just about stock in the pic:
You must be registered for see images attach

And my old car a 95 Plymouth sport Konis, Mopar springs, Dohc swap was about the end of that car. I sold it to a local auto-x guy:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first pic looks similar to my buddies Neon with SRT4 motor! :)

IMGA0432.JPG

OP
OP
N

neondork

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ That is Canada or his truck at least. He is our b00bie mod

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been impressed by the times that Kathy Stout makes with her Neon SRT4 at Viper days races.

The good thing for young guys now is that the used values of Vipers is getting down there. I'm sure that the insurance isn't getting any lower though ! Funny how that goes, isn't it ?

OP
OP
N

neondork

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everybody we talked to at Carlisle. Whoever belongs to this car:

thank you so much for letting us take pics in it and again you have the coolest plate ever. Im glad to see I wont be the first ex-turbo dodge owner with one of these.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235