New 2009 Coupe Owner

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a proud owner of a 2009 Viper. Been looking at this website for at least 6 months and getting a feel of what direction to go.

After 2 years of thinking of buying a Viper, I've finally done it. Bought a new 2009 Red Coupe with the 6 spoke rims and navi, no stripes. I never really considered a Viper when they first came out...just thought they were too much of a super car and out of my price range at the time. Then, about 2 years ago my wife and I were watching a show on the Travel Channel where they compared a Ford GT against a Viper.....I just fell in love with the "newer" look the car had, even though the Ford GT fared very well. Probably because of a mild case of OCB, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since then. I'm not a convertible guy so a coupe was my only choice. I started looking at 2006 units and found a red car with no stripes that was pretty clean and priced right. Then I talked to some others that own the 2008 and I figured, hell, I'll just buy the 2006 only to want the newer 2008 GenIV. I started looking at used 08's but nothing on West Coast caught my eye...plus 3 months ago I felt that the dealers selling used 2008's really were higher than they should have been in price. Well, I find an new 2009 in Arizona, talked to the dealer Friday night, the next morning I was on a plane and at the dealers showroom by 11:00 am. The price was very right and the next thing I know I'm a Viper owner.

I look forward to getting back into autocrossing and open tracking the car. Also, can't wait to do some Viper Club events with my NorCal region. Already done some touring with my two buds, one owns a Ford GT, the other a Katech motored Z06. We drove through San Fransico on the way to Skyline Blvd and lunch at Alices Restaurant. Whenever we stopped to get gas or park, a bright yellow Z06, white Ford GT and red Viper got the crowds supporting the USA muscle. It was so cool to have 2000 horsepower between 3 cars (the Ford GT puts 800 hp to the ground!!).

I've almost got 1000 miles on the car, everything has been awesome. Gotta get some extra rims and track tires, possibly an exhaust and computer upgrade and eventually play with the suspension. I've got a ton of things I love about the car and some things I'd like to change. I look forward to accessing the forum members knowledge and experience in fueling my new passion.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
T

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's an honor to be a part of this group. The more I think about the Viper and its made in the USA bloodlines, the better I like it and the more proud I am of the vehicle and its capabilities compared to the foreign iron.

I'll get some pics taken and post them (although they make look boring as a bone stock red coupe).

I am very excited about the potential of this car to make even more horsepower and do it reliably. Just bought a new open face helmet this weekend to start some autocrosses so I can get the feel of the car in a safe environment when pushed to the limit and beyond.

I am curious if anyone else on the board is autocrossing an 08 or 09
Viper. With stock gearing, it could almost be a 1st gear car on the tighter courses. In the Bay Area we have the American Autocross Series that's got bigger and higher speed courses for the bigger cars (Vettes, Camaros, Mustangs, etc). Either way, I don't see a downside to the upcoming months:)

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456