Pre Mopar Nats get together in Columbus!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. I've been talking to some people in Columbus about getting together the afternoon/evening before Mopar Nationals start in Columbus. So, if you're around and want to meet up with some other Vipers (and Viper trucks!) come on out and join us. Details...

When: Thursday, August 6th, 6pm
Where: ******* on Polaris Parkway
8591 Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH‎ - (614) 846-2367‎
Link to the Map

If you're coming in from out of town and need more specific directions please pm me. If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Otherwise, come out and join us!

Oh, and if you have any friends with other sweet Mopars have them come out as well!

:2tu:

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONFIRMED LIST
- Stretch (95 Viper)
- Kevan (05 Ram SRT-10)
- Mopar Boy (02 Viper ACR)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the weather I'll try to swing up. Didn't realize there was a ******* at Polaris.

Sounds good. That one has been there for a few years now, but not real long. It's directly next to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Sancus (about an 1/8th mile south of Polaris Parkway).

Coincidently you'll probably find me at CiP after ******* :D

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds good. That one has been there for a few years now, but not real long. It's directly next to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Sancus (about an 1/8th mile south of Polaris Parkway).

Coincidently you'll probably find me at CiP after ******* :D

Didn't know there was a CIP either, but guess I haven't been on Sancus in about 8 years, since I worked in Cbus. I have hit the Red Robin a few times, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:drooler:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since my name is in Kevan's post, I will say I am there! :nana: :rolleyes:

Can't believe I missed this thread till now. Thanks Stretch. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONFIRMED LIST -as of 7.23.09
- Stretch (95 Viper R/T)
- Kevan (05 Ram SRT-10)
- Mopar Boy (02 Viper ACR)
- Lagalaxy (03 Viper SRT-10)
- JojoGTS (00 Viper GTS)

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 weeks!

I'm excited.

I wonder if they'll let us block off part of the lot to keep our cars safe. I may have to call them to ask.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have more cars, I would say yes. Not sure if 5 would cut it. :(

I like the idea though! Maybe even a lady looking after the cars? :D:naughty::lmao:

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just decided. We are bringing the orange one this year to race. We are staying in Heath at the Longeberger Basket hotel (by the square). Is this close to where you guys are meeting?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heath is about a 45 min drive I would guess.

Great location for the Friday/Saturday night cruise though! Cant get much closer!

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have stayed there the last 4 years. Cant beat it. Its the new brice rd for burnouts and such.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to columbus from the Des Moines area that would like to caravan out to the nats or meet up somewhere along the way?

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten several more maybes through PM, so the group is getting bigger :2tu:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Phun, I'm leaving on Thursday from the Quad Cities, but taking a more indirect route via route 80 as I'm staying near Ft. Wayne on Thursday evening. Not sure when/which route I'll be taking home.

For those with local knowledge and experience for the mopar nats, can you please share some advice for a newbie? What is typical for Friday/Saturday nights?

Is anyone going to columbus from the Des Moines area that would like to caravan out to the nats or meet up somewhere along the way?

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phun, I'm leaving on Thursday from the Quad Cities, but taking a more indirect route via route 80 as I'm staying near Ft. Wayne on Thursday evening. Not sure when/which route I'll be taking home.

For those with local knowledge and experience for the mopar nats, can you please share some advice for a newbie? What is typical for Friday/Saturday nights?

Holy crap there will be a Street Serpent in attendance???? This just made my day!

I am looking to Mopar Boy & Kevan for the Friday / Saturday cruising info as they both have been several times. There are 2 spots, Brice road and the town of Heath, OH. I was hoping to do one each night but was going to get advice from those guys first.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, this must be a big deal. Being a "Ford" guy I've never paid any attention to this meet before. I have a friend that has a awesome Coronet, I'm sure he goes, I'll have to check with him, maybe I'll come during the weekend too.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brice Rd. has gotten pretty tame lately.
Heath is where it's at now.

I think Heath on both Fri & Sat. night will be the way to go for the best cruise experience.

WHAT WE DO AT THE CRUISES:
We have a 'secret stash' (location to be announced later) where we gather the vehicles. Lots of HP/TQ talk and BS ensues. :)

We wait for a nice spot in the 'cruise' to open up and take as many in the group as possible, one right behind the next.
If there are enough vehicles, we'll get someone to politely stop traffic for a minute so everyone can get out at the same time. We prefer to do this when we see the one Corvette guy trying to infiltrate the biggest Mopar weekend of the year. :D

We "cruise" up (north) on the road at about 5-10 mph.
Enjoy the cheers of the tens of thousands of Mopar fans that line the curbs of the streets.
About every 100' or so, some goof will have a paint bucket full of water and will toss it out into the right lane in front of your vehicle. Try not to run over the guy; he's a fan.
The crowd will BEG you to do a quick little burnout. NOT a tire fryer or rubber melter! A quick chirp will get you points; any sign of smoke will get you about thousand new friends. :D
You are not obligated to chirp 'em, but the peer pressure is certainly there....heh heh.

At the top end of the road, you'll see people turning around to head back the other way (south). There's no designated turn-around, so you have to find your own (may be a block or two away). Just be careful and respectful of the homes and businesses in the area (officers appreciate that).

The South direction is like the North direction....times 20.
There are a couple of huge mall areas where thousands and thousands of people gather and then hang out on the curb to check out all the sweet Mopars.

Repeat. :D :D :D
The average 'lap' takes about 20-40 minutes, depending on volume.

Common sense will get you far and keep you and everyone else safe.
The police are ABSOLUTELY out in full-force, and while they seem to tolerate a little bit of 'fun', they will not stand for anything stupid or reckless.
Be smart and be safe and you'll be fine.

If you're not sure you want to take your car up and back, take a ride with someone who is going to do a 'lap'.
If you're not hooked after that, check your pulse.
:spin:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brice Rd. has gotten pretty tame lately.
Heath is where it's at now.

I think Heath on both Fri & Sat. night will be the way to go for the best cruise experience.

WHAT WE DO AT THE CRUISES:
We have a 'secret stash' (location to be announced later) where we gather the vehicles. Lots of HP/TQ talk and BS ensues. :)

We wait for a nice spot in the 'cruise' to open up and take as many in the group as possible, one right behind the next.
If there are enough vehicles, we'll get someone to politely stop traffic for a minute so everyone can get out at the same time. We prefer to do this when we see the one Corvette guy trying to infiltrate the biggest Mopar weekend of the year. :D

We "cruise" up (north) on the road at about 5-10 mph.
Enjoy the cheers of the tens of thousands of Mopar fans that line the curbs of the streets.
About every 100' or so, some goof will have a paint bucket full of water and will toss it out into the right lane in front of your vehicle. Try not to run over the guy; he's a fan.
The crowd will BEG you to do a quick little burnout. NOT a tire fryer or rubber melter! A quick chirp will get you points; any sign of smoke will get you about thousand new friends. :D
You are not obligated to chirp 'em, but the peer pressure is certainly there....heh heh.

At the top end of the road, you'll see people turning around to head back the other way (south). There's no designated turn-around, so you have to find your own (may be a block or two away). Just be careful and respectful of the homes and businesses in the area (officers appreciate that).

The South direction is like the North direction....times 20.
There are a couple of huge mall areas where thousands and thousands of people gather and then hang out on the curb to check out all the sweet Mopars.

Repeat. :D :D :D
The average 'lap' takes about 20-40 minutes, depending on volume.

Common sense will get you far and keep you and everyone else safe.
The police are ABSOLUTELY out in full-force, and while they seem to tolerate a little bit of 'fun', they will not stand for anything stupid or reckless.
Be smart and be safe and you'll be fine.

If you're not sure you want to take your car up and back, take a ride with someone who is going to do a 'lap'.
If you're not hooked after that, check your pulse.
:spin:

That sounds like a lot of fun!! If I come up I will get info on a meeting address and time for Saturday. I can be there early or meet for breakfast etc then spend the day doing whatever it is people do up there :)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the day, most are out at the track (National Trails Raceway) in the "Viper Pit" where the VCA has a kickass setup- tents, food/drink, etc.
It's a really nice place to just hang out and talk with VCA folks.

Cars are on display, and there's plenty of drag racing action.
I'm not sure if they still do group Fun Runs, but it's something to ask about if you're interested in ripping down the track.

At about dinner time, folks usually head to the hotel for a shower and change of clothes and then make their way up to the cruises.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan - Nice explanation! You described the Nats evening activities perfectly! That is pretty much all that happens other than a private parking lot somewhere that the crowd comendears and then does HUGE burnouts! :nana:

Here is a link to a few videos I took of my freinds Duster. All vids were done at the Nats or at the cruise: YouTube - canaryblaster's Channel

Yes, the fun runs still do happen. That is what I always book into so I can have a pass or two and not have to worry about the points racing.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Rocket 62--what exactly is your route? Not sure which way we will be going, but maybe we could meet up for a while on the road depending. Let me know. Phun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32