Need GEN II polished aluminum wheel

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make a garden hose reel out of a GEN II polished aluminum wheel...I got the idea from a post that I read a few months ago. I put an add in the classifieds...1 or 2 GEN II OE Polished Aluminum Wheels (Chrome look).

I can't spend the money for a wheel (or two) in perfect condition, but I also don't want one that is real mangled. Anybody have 1 or 2 that they would sell at a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if not on here, you might want to try with some of the vendors.

they get trade-in's I am sure

'autoart' is always kewl, post a pic when you get done if you can!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make a garden hose reel out of a GEN II polished aluminum wheel...I got the idea from a post that I read a few months ago. I put an add in the classifieds...1 or 2 GEN II OE Polished Aluminum Wheels (Chrome look).

I can't spend the money for a wheel (or two) in perfect condition, but I also don't want one that is real mangled. Anybody have 1 or 2 that they would sell at a reasonable price?
Thanks!

Ken: I have been telling folks for YEARS to make hose reels out of Viper wheels. Lamp Tables and bar-stools too.

Email me your pedigree, I know you are a customer, but I need your name.

Ill send you a rashed wheel for very cheap,..... you pay s.h.

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark gave me the idea of affixing some lug nuts to the rim, but he didn't have any junk ones. Does anybody have 6 old ones that they could part with. I would gladly pay a shipping and handling charge.

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to working on the hose reel...it does not spin (too difficult for my simple mind to figure out ;)). Here are some pictures...

You must be registered for see images

Sneaky Pete valve cap and vinyl on the plate...

Construction to keep the wheel on the dolly...

The only thing not done is the lug nuts...the hex bolt heads take up a bit of space where the lug nuts reside. I could cut lug nuts in half and affix them to the hex bolt heads, but I was hoping that someone else could give me a better idea...it doesn't have to be lug nuts :dunno:.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4