Check engine light and error codes

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out riding my 94 Viper RT/10, put in sixth gear when suddenly the "the check engine"-light comes up.

Back in the garage I get the the following numbers when I checked for error codes:

1-2
2-7
1-7
5-5

Tried to find a list of codes thru google but no success.
Does anybody have a clue what the trouble may be?

Thanks in advance

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17, "Engine running too cool"..... That's a new one for a viper!!

Loose, corroded electrical connections?? Is it running well?? :dunno:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the "17" and it was a thermostat stuck open.

What it is really measuring is temperature rise within a certain time period. For example, if it is below 100F, it must reach 150F within 3 minutes. (I'm making all these numbers up) It isn't really that it is running too cold, but that it took too long to warm up, and that affects emissions... hence the yellow dash light.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sorta kiddin' with that last comment.... but... How well does the heat work?? Did these codes return after reset? Was the car wet? Battery low? Any other recent codes? Engine running and ideling smoothly? Recent work done to it? 27 fault makes me think of wet or corroded connector plug...:dunno::dunno:

- J

OP
OP
S

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed the plugs last week.

The car has been standing in my garage all summer, or whatever you could call this rainy weather we have here in Sweden.

All stats are good, engine running smooth. I will check the battery and reset the codes, hoping it will all go away :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh