Any gold in these hills?

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a lot of newbies dropping in lately so I figured I would make myself known. I have been scanning and absorbing info for quite some time now and I think I speak for many when I say that all of the info on this forum/website is extremely useful. One of the bigger draws for my desire to get a Viper was the existance of a strong community of owners like this. The information housed here and the maturity of the members makes this a very pleasant place to spend some time. I am not yet an owner but using the info here I have been diligently searching for a suitable vehicle in the recent past and feel I am nearing a buying point.

I have seen many threads about which color is best and ultimate color combo. My question is not what is the best color but have any of you found yourself regreting your purchase due to the vehicle color. I recently test drove a 98 gts and after that experience I am not as concerned w/color but wanted to get the insight of those who have lived with their vehicles for a while.

As far as colors go I have had a few vehicles with black or black and polished wheel set up and it has grown old to me. I unfortunately have no affection for full polished wheels either, just not my thing. What I have been leaning towards is gold wheels and was curious if anyone here has had gold wheels on their viper. I would really appreciate some pictures; Preferably gen 2 gts as that is what I am looking to buy but all pictures are welcome as I am just trying to get an idea of what it will look like. If anyone has mad photoshop skills I would appreciate their work as I no longer have access to photoshop to do this myself. I was looking at a silver gts, no stripes with a wheel like the Iforged ps Aero gold w/polished lip. Thanks! Robert

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely had a specific color that I was looking for, and have never regretted it. I specifically did not want certain colors; however, after seeing many Vipers in person since I bought mine, I can say that I would be happy with any color !

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AZTVR has it.

I have always hated Red cars. I inheriteded a Red F150. Then when I was buying a Viper - you guessed it - Red/Silver 98 GTS. Unfortunately horrendous rain storm and highway puddles caused that Viper to head on a Tractor Trailer. Next I bought a 'pretty' Sapphire/silver GTS. I was primarily looking for Blue/white or Black/white (but color was a minimium choice as engine, power, supercharger and larger brakes were more important). As AZ said after owning the worst color (for me) it no longer mattered - all colors were great.

My Sapphire/Silver GTS has taken 5 of 6 trophies at the V10 Nationals and had tons of work done. The stock wheels were OK, but again any other wheels were an improvement with Chromed aluminium being best choice.

My Sapphire has Forgeline VR1 Billet wheels. Probably the lighest weight wheels made. No longer made (because they're too expensive?) and although they are a bit of work to clean all the time, they are the best!

Exhaust was important. Any exhaust other than stock was OK. My 98 had Random Tech catback and my Sapphire GTS has headers, no cats and Corsa track exhuast. Wow. Quiet when cruisein' and really loud all the rest of the time.

I built a lower seat track, added Blue tooth stereo, TPMS, ported the heads, installed a Roe front facsia scoop and bought Roe Racing 14" front brakes. The $1500 built in SRX radar detector is a necessity as well. The Hertz speakers have awesome sound quality, etc.

All Vipers (even Yellow ones) are perfect colors. That's why Chrylser never offered "sandelwood beige" and other putrid colors. It's so that ALL Vipers look good.

Ted

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen many threads about which color is best and ultimate color combo. My question is not what is the best color but have any of you found yourself regreting your purchase due to the vehicle color.

Hi Robert,

IMO, you should stop considering what others like and/or dislike with regard to color. THAT in and of itself will lead to regret.

Decide what looks best to you and do your thing! :headbang: Just make sure to come back and post if you begin to consider painted alternatives such as dolphins or the like. ;)

OP
OP
M

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha dolphins, I would need the assistance of a medical professional if that ever came to be. I know each person's opion in color choice will vary and I have my own favorites. I have and am sure will face again a situation where i will have to compromise between the colors I want and other factors like price, modificatoins, and location. I wanted to see if any of the other members might have done this as well, such as RTTTTed, and regreted doing so. It appears any Viper is a good Viper and I will take this into consideration during my search.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color options for the 2003's were sad. Black, Red and Silver. I had to have the gen3 so The only choice was silver. I won't own black or red cars anymore. Fortunately I only had to have the silver a short time, because for 2005 they came out with YELLOW (no matter what Ted thinks)! I got good trade-in on the silver and a killer price on the yellow too!

Just my $.02

PBR

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White Hoods weren't an option but an absolute must-have aftermarket bolt-on.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the maturity of the members

:hahaup::hahaup:

Well, guess you have not seen any of my posts! :D:lmao:

Step one, get the book the Vipers Buyers Guide by Muarice Liang. That will nelp big time.

As for colors, go with what you think looks the best. I ended up with yellow. I find that odd as I never would have dreamed that I would have a yellow car. Not much of a yellow fan. But on the Viper, it spoke to me. Kinda like the voices in my head.;)

So get whatever it is that YOU like as they are all great cars (minus red:rolaugh::rolaugh:).

Robert

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper looks good in any of the colors it's been offered in. So, just find the best quality, lowest mileage, best maintained, least modified and abused car you can, in the body style/Gen that you like,in your price range. Simple

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Ted on this one. I personally prefer the darker color Vipers.

It makes sense why you are interested in what other people have felt about the color they picked, I wouldn't disregard that at all!

ANY Viper will looks awsome, check out colors and pick what gets you 'going' :D the Viper that when you check it out in the garage a dozen times a night and you still go 'oh yehhhhhh':2tu:

AZTVR has it.

I have always hated Red cars. I inheriteded a Red F150. Then when I was buying a Viper - you guessed it - Red/Silver 98 GTS. Unfortunately horrendous rain storm and highway puddles caused that Viper to head on a Tractor Trailer. Next I bought a 'pretty' Sapphire/silver GTS. I was primarily looking for Blue/white or Black/white (but color was a minimium choice as engine, power, supercharger and larger brakes were more important). As AZ said after owning the worst color (for me) it no longer mattered - all colors were great.

My Sapphire/Silver GTS has taken 5 of 6 trophies at the V10 Nationals and had tons of work done. The stock wheels were OK, but again any other wheels were an improvement with Chromed aluminium being best choice.

My Sapphire has Forgeline VR1 Billet wheels. Probably the lighest weight wheels made. No longer made (because they're too expensive?) and although they are a bit of work to clean all the time, they are the best!

Exhaust was important. Any exhaust other than stock was OK. My 98 had Random Tech catback and my Sapphire GTS has headers, no cats and Corsa track exhuast. Wow. Quiet when cruisein' and really loud all the rest of the time.

I built a lower seat track, added Blue tooth stereo, TPMS, ported the heads, installed a Roe front facsia scoop and bought Roe Racing 14" front brakes. The $1500 built in SRX radar detector is a necessity as well. The Hertz speakers have awesome sound quality, etc.

All Vipers (even Yellow ones) are perfect colors. That's why Chrylser never offered "sandelwood beige" and other putrid colors. It's so that ALL Vipers look good.

Ted

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really are no bad colors for the Viper and I can't imagine anyone regreting buying a viper because of color. When I got my 08 I took a GTS blue coupe because it was a great deal not because I wanted that color. At first I had planned on painting it, yellow of course. But then after having the car for a few weeks I fell in love with the blue. I would have gotten a yellow ACR for sure if I had waited a year, but I love my car and wouldn't trade it.

-another Robert

OP
OP
M

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great advice guys thanks,

You guys joke around a bit but nothing like the unhospitality and vulgarity I have seen at other forums, this is all genuinely in good fun.

It is an interesting trend forming though, just how many Roberts do we have here?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456