Need some advice (short this time, I promise)

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I came home today to my little dog chewing on my o2 wires. I had them on the table and she must have jumped up and grabbed them. Anyway, none of the wires are broken but there is some of the wire coating that has been opened, exposing the steel wires inside (barely, but you can see them). Fix this or get a new one?

I have had the worst day today. Long story and I will post this later but to end the day with this really set me off. Poor dog, she is just laying in her bed trying to stay away (I didn't beat her, just yelled very, very loud).

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NEXT DAY AIR wires???

:panic: :dog:

As long as the bare wire is not damaged and not touching anything else conductive you should be fine.

And what do you have in mind when you say "fix?"

OP
OP
C

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The NEXT DAY AIR wires???

:panic: :dog:

As long as the bare wire is not damaged and not touching anything else conductive you should be fine.

And what do you have in mind when you say "fix?"

Yeah, these are the next day air wires. Damn dog! Anyway, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Maybe just tape it since heat shrink would require me to cut them and I don't want to do that. There is only one wire with the steel showing although she seemed to really like the heat wrap around all of the wires. :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McMaster Carr has some small diameter split type heat sleeving you could cover the questionable spots with. And they ship next day usually for ground prices.

Just search <heat sleeving> at their site.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McMaster Carr has some small diameter split type heat sleeving

You must be registered for see images attach

dave was just too fast on this, +1 on the heat sleeving

so why is s/g so fast???? yellow hat, red tie :eater:

interesting how dogs understand even thought they no habla ingles

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno if this would work but go to harbor freight or lowes or home depot and get the rubber dip in a can that you can dip the handles of tools in and coat the wires?