New Viper Owner in the Philippines

vipermmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ortigas Center - Manila Area, Philippines
Hi There! I just took delivery of my new 2008 Venom Red SRT 10 Coupe. I would like to know if there is someone else in the Philippines who owns one. I believe that there is one other SRT 10 but it hasnt been sold. Does this make me the only one so far? Also have a question about a rattling sound in what seems to be in the headers area under the passenger and a bit to the port side. Is it caused by low RPM driving? I love my new car but theres not a lot of places to stretch her legs in the city.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What city to do you live in? My wife and I go there quite a bit, we have a house in Masbate and Bulacan. We also go to Boracay and Cebu quite a bit. Wife just got back 2 weeks ago.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Vipermmd...you've got a gorgeous SRT there...but PICS please~!!! Can never get enough pictures of owner's Vipers!
Also: Private Message your VIN# to the administrators (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, y2k5gts) who will UPGRADE you to Viper Owner, and you get the free year of VCA Membership...you can call Viper HQ/JR Thompson at 1-800-998-1110, make sure they are notified of your purchase, have your VIN# handy~! WELCOME and ENJOY!!! If you have Viper Questions, don't forget to call our Resident Viper Wizard: Chuck Tator 1-914-763-3136 of Tator's Garage here in South Salem, NY, USA.
~juli

OP
OP
V

vipermmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi There. I live in the Ortigas Center area near my Office. Filipinos who can afford them buys BMWs, Audis, Porsches and Mercs. not a lot of American Muscle around here. Made me decide to get the SRT 10. You can tell I'm homesick. Been gone for 5 years now. I paid twice the price because of the Taxes. ouch.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi There! I just took delivery of my new 2008 Venom Red SRT 10 Coupe. I would like to know if there is someone else in the Philippines who owns one. I believe that there is one other SRT 10 but it hasnt been sold. Does this make me the only one so far? Also have a question about a rattling sound in what seems to be in the headers area under the passenger and a bit to the port side. Is it caused by low RPM driving? I love my new car but theres not a lot of places to stretch her legs in the city.

Welcome to the Board. Also been to Manila, but can't imagine a Viper over there. You must create quite a sensation when you're out and about!

Not sure about the noise as you've described it. Can it possibly be clutch rattle? That's common at low RPM when the clutch is not engaged.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm moving to Dumaguete, Oriental Negros (again) in September. People keep asking me if I'm taking the Viper, I tell them duty at Philippine Customs would eat me up..

I was driving this in Dumaguete 8yrs ago

You must be registered for see images attach

I hear the sports car club(s) in MNL meet very early in the morning to be able to get together before all the heavy traffic starts

:drive:

OP
OP
V

vipermmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys! thanks for the reply. I'm happy to hear and see that there is much group support here. I hope I can give back.... Yes having the SRT10 is a blast. Its still being broken in so I haven't had the chance to open it up. I used to own a Honda S2000 in the US. This one is its BIG brother. Just as much fun. I think City is right its low RPM driving. The noise goes away when I can pick the pace up.

OP
OP
V

vipermmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree that the convertible is a rad set-up. However, the scorching heat of the Tropical climate of the Philippine Islands with its nasty humidity, salt water, intense heat and 4 months of monsoon rains painfully mad me pick the hardtop. Just.

I do prefer the convertible but it is more practical to have the hardtop. Like it is practical to own a 600 horsepower V-10, 8.4 Liter American Muscle car in the Philippines :)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermmd, I'll be at NAIA the morning of Sept 17, but I just don't have room in my luggage for the Belangers.