Researching a Viper Buy

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI. I'm considering buying American Iron for the second time in my life. In October my Porsche 911 convertible lease expires. and it's replacement will be a 2010 GT3 or a 2009, 2010 viper. Right now the Viper convertible is my 1st choice. One problem is Chrysler doesn't give leases on Vipers and a lease is better business wise for me. Does anyone know if the 2010 Viper will have any changes for 2010? My local dealer doesn't know, but did say 2009s will be built through December.Someone convince me to go Viper. John

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler to the best of my knowledge, has NEVER lease optioned the Viper. As a business decision you have to do what’s best for the bottom live. On the other hand, if you want to obtain the maximum “WOW” factor buy a Viper. However, I’m bias in my statements.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chrysler Financial leased Vipers over the entire period I have been selling them, but with their demise, we have to go to other institutions for a lease. Leasing has not been as attractive on most cars as was in the past , but there are still ways to get it accomplished with a quality closed in lease. Either way you would enjoy a Snake, as the torque alone would make you smile every morning on your way to work.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what Abe said, the 'wow' factor is there with the snake that is just undeniable. you have to be ok with that if you buy one I think, you just don't see that many on the road and the Viper is such an exotic beast.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have a very unique situation because there are very few where a lease is better than buying. I have run the numbers many times and you almost always come out ahead in a buy when everything is taken into consideration. When you lease, you write-off the payment as an expense, when you buy you depreciate the asset, etc. etc. Have your accountant (hopefully insightful CPA) run the numbers over the life of the vehicle. Just a thought.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The argument FOR buying a Viper is: It is a different experience than almost any other car out there. If you just want a slightly different variation on the same theme, then go with the more "conservative" approach. My view was that I'm a car guy, and I want to experience different styles of car. I bought the Viper and now I seem to be hooked. So, I can see why you might be in a similar position coming from some other style that you really like.

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I a wrote the deposit check. I am buying a 2009 convertible: Viper red/graphite stripes, factory aero package and two tone black/red interior. As soon as I saw it I forgot about looking at Porsches and ZR1s.It should be in my garage within two weeks. John

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Convince you? Just drive a Viper, that's all the convincing you'll need.
And yeah, they've been leasing them since new.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I a wrote the deposit check. I am buying a 2009 convertible: Viper red/graphite stripes, factory aero package and two tone black/red interior. As soon as I saw it I forgot about looking at Porsches and ZR1s.It should be in my garage within two weeks. John

You will NOT regret your decision...unless torque scares you!!

How did you "see" it..... already built? MUST BE BUILT to be getting it in 2-weeks!

Welcome to the dark side........."VCA-4077 Best Snake Care Anywhere"

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is not new. It is used with only 127 miles on it. I'm saving over $15,000 buying it "used". The seller has too many cars in his active collection and likes to rotate at least one car a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave