Track Day Insurance Coverage

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
During a recent review of my insurance policies I've found out that my carrier, State Farm, has no policy of any kind that will cover my vehicle, or me personally from a liability perspective if I am on a track at a "driving school" such as Viper Days.:dunno:

Anyone have any recommendations on a carrier that would cover both a vehicle, as well as personal liability on the track? I'm sure there are a number of quite wealthy individuals here that may have some insight, especially from a blanket liability perspective.

I've heard others talk about Hagerty for straight Viper insurance but as I looked over their site I didn't see much beyond that.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on a carrier that would cover ........ personal liability on the track?

I am also interested to hear about liability insurance, if it exists. I am not too worried about the coverage of my own vehicle.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dont forget that the other driver's insurance may not cover your damages or medical, if they hit you. In fact, 99% likely hood the other parties' insurance wont cover you at all, even if they are at fault, if you are on a racing surface. I wonder if Steve's policies have a provision for that eventuality.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The guys are right. Call Steve Katz. He is a great guy and a racer. He knows those issues.

OP
OP
B

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I've been in contact with Steve and will most likely use him to insure the car, but I'm still a little concerned about the liability aspect which Steve doesn't handle.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Much has been written on this issue...and, some clubs are insured such that an extra liability policy can be purchased.

Many folks that I have talked with THINK or expect their home owner's umbrella to cover liability for them but it does not per the agents in my area.

Keep exploring, run with recognized clubs insured with solid carriers, get a copy of their policy, and contact that carrier directly to see whatyou MIGHT be able to arrange.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEICO has no exclusion for 'offroad' events. There is no liability issue at the track...read the waiver that you sign when you enter. Its 'assumption of risk' all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32