Hello from the other side of the "Snake Family" & wannabe Viper owner

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me on the site. First off, my name is Mark and I just returned to IL on July 10th after having served in the Marine Corps. On the 10-minute ride home from picking up my discharge papers my 2003 550hp Mustang Cobra was T-boned at an intersection by someone trying to run a red light and was declared a total loss :(

Looked at picking up a newer Shelby GT500, but then it dawned on me that NOW may be the perfect time to pick up my dream car; a Gen II Viper!

I've been lurking for a couple days now, and am filled with questions, but I figured I should introduce myself before the newbie questions start flying outta my mouth.

Thanks everyone! By the way, I think this community is amazing. You guys are actually posting cell phone numbers for eachother to call for help, I love it! Hope I can take a lot away and give some back in the future!

Take care,
Mark

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doctor Taco
Let me be the first to welcome you to the board :)

I like your choice of the Gen II. I consider it the classic Viper.

You can find some great deals on Vipers at the moment.

Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes and *** already, I'm lovin' this site so far!

I'm having to dust off all the old Viper knowledge I used to know, but it's been a while so I'm trying to update myself. Ive had 3 Mustangs, back to back to back, so it's a little hard to go into a brand new car. But, I'll try my best!

Since someone was nice enough to ask about the accident, I'm fine. Just a little bruised and bloody, but that's about it. Was 100% the other guy's fault, and plenty of witnesses to make it easy to prove it. Here is the aftermath....I consider myself VERY lucky. Someone up there must want me for something else:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting the IL people!
Mark

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 05 Mustang for a couple of month, and I enjoyed it. But it never made me say “WOW” every time I drove it. I think you will like the change, and if not you can always go back.:2tu:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey glad to hear your ok, cars can be replaced...and thanks for your service to our Country...

Have you seen the GT-500 with the Cervinis kit added ? I love it , and Iam in the process of buying one, of course Blue with white stripes. I do not drive my Vipers out of town, but I will the Mustang.
I think it will be a lot of fun.
That 04 Cobra you had was a bad machine, I have had my asp handed to me in my GTS a couple of times when I thought the Cobra Mustang was snake food, my older son has one and Its modded, I think if he could get it to stick he could out run my 06 coupe.
I hope you find the GTS you are looking for, but remember to do your home work here before you make that call, I love my GTS but there are pros and cons to every year built.

Good luck and welcome, Rick

YELLOW ADRENALINE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your service, Semper Fi from my wife. Take your time looking for a Viper, you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4