Looking at a 04 srt and have 2 questions

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car has 12k miles on it with 2 flaws that I can notice….front headlight covers have cracks in them, is this common? Can they be replaced? Also the black part where the exhaust tips come out is chipping? Is this common? Can it be replaced or taken off for power coating? Thanks

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't own a gen III from what you are describing I would say those are pretty normal flaws.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to see pictures of the "cracks" myself. I have not seen a Gen-3 with cracks in the lenses that has not bumped into something...

Chips in the black paint is normal, so long as you are talking about paint chips, the aluminum underneath would not normally chip.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An 04's headlight covers should not crack unless the car is constantly driven with headlights on and or it has been left outside in the sun. The Sun reflecting heat back against the plastic tends to cause brittle hair line marks...most cars you will see this effect on are those which have the always on feature......but here in Florida cars left outside all the time will have that wear on them...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car has 12k miles on it with 2 flaws that I can notice….front headlight covers have cracks in them, is this common? Can they be replaced? Also the black part where the exhaust tips come out is chipping? Is this common? Can it be replaced or taken off for power coating? Thanks

Headlight or fog light? Fog light covers get cracked regularly. A cracked headlight cover would be far less regular. Regardless, both can be replaced, but new will be expensive.

Where's the chipping? Is this forward of or aft of the pipe?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My interpretation from the question is cloudy brittle looking plastic?? is that a correct assumption??? The chipping on the black exhaust sill outlet could be from the exhaust tip hitting the outlet...if you have a corsa track exhaust they will move backwards as they heat up......

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s the headlight covers, and they do have allot of spider cracks? What’s the cost of new cover?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4