Harness Install Question

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I am planning on installing Shroth harnesses in the Viper this weekend and have a question. When using the side auxiliary bolt holes for the lap belts, do you use the existing bolt found in each of the side holes to secure each lap belt?

Thanks.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would replace the existing bolts with eye bolts. The harnesses should have clips on the ends for attaching to the eye bolts. There is a small hole in the clip for a cotter pin to prevent unplanned detachment, use it.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got eye bolts and clasps for the should hearness so i can disconnect them when not in use. for the side belts i figured i would mount them permanently and just tuck them under the seat.

I would replace the existing bolts with eye bolts. The harnesses should have clips on the ends for attaching to the eye bolts. There is a small hole in the clip for a cotter pin to prevent unplanned detachment, use it.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got eye bolts and clasps for the should hearness so i can disconnect them when not in use. for the side belts i figured i would mount them permanently and just tuck them under the seat.

nader please post pictures and model of shroth harness you are using, since its different than the team techs that are commonly installed. i am looking for a harness also and am not convinced yet on the team techs.

thanks
benny

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the team tech belts, am at the track this wknd and they are awsome, had Simpson harnesses before and the Teamtech are very comfortable and really put you IN the seat tight.

The belts came with the eye bolts, they replace the stock ones, so like the guys said above...you just clip the belts on them.

I do the same thing also, just tuck the lap belts on the side of the seat, the antisub belt is the only one that's kinda in the way...have found if you loosen it enough it will tuck under the seat.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACR Steve has the Schroth belts in his ACR, I'm sure he can help you out.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys I installed the belts yesterday. To my surprise it wasnt difficult at all.

Removing the seat is as simply as four bolts and an electical connection. Locating the hole for on the transmission tunnel is simple since all you need to do is pull the carpet out from underneath the center console. The bolt by the door sill is easy to locate by simply pulling the carpet back from the corner and pulling off the stuck on insulation. It is glued on pretty good so you will need to use some force.

I went with Shroth 4 point with new anti submarining technology.

Here they are:

Schroth Competition Belts // Profi ASM 4 Point Harnesses // Profi II ASM // HMS Motorsport

If you are curious about the anti submarining technology, take a look at this.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/docs/SchrothASMII.wmv