Finally Bought A Viper!!!!!!!!

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
{REPOST OF MY THREAD IN GEN2 FORUM}

I put a down payment on this one on Thursday night, and gonna drive out and pick it up Monday (I work this Fri,Sat,&Sun).

Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 400065118065 end time Aug-06-09 18:38:17 PDT)

I got them down quite a bit from the asking price. I will be trading in my 2005 Green Lexus LS430 (man what a nice car this Lexus is, I hate to see it go). I saw this Viper in person a month ago, but didnt test drive it, I was actually just getting numbers so I could take them to where another Viper was for sale at. The sales man for this Viper I am buying wouldn't budge on the price much at all (he don't work there no mo' ), but then again at the time I didn't try too hard to get them to budge, because I was looking at a few different ones.

I got to test drive this on Thursday. It smells brand new on the inside. It's only got about 8650 miles on it. I got it up on a lift and the frame is clean, no leaks, no rust, no welds.

It is mostly stock, except the HRE wheels, and the Sneaky Pete(?) shifter. The stock stereo, speakers, and amp need to be upgraded ASAP, other than that I might wait a while to do any other up grades.

The reasons why I didnt get to take it home Thursday night was, it was close to closing time and they didnt have time to detail it, or remove a small nail (a very small nail, which I pointed out to them) out of one of the tires. They said it was a liability if they let me drive away with the tire like that. That, and my wife who's name it will be in (so the ex-wife won't find out that I HAVE A VIPER !!!! ) was not with me and not able to sign the papers.

After I bring this home on Monday (God willing) I am sure I'm gonna have a million questions for you guys.

Until then................. tick tock tick tock

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be kidding...these things have a stereo???? I have never heard one in any of the three Vipers I have had. I'm always listening to that wonderful exhaust music! Especially the popping and burbling on the downshifts is REAL music to my ears!
WOW.. and all this time...........

Congrats on your new ride!!
PBR

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be kidding...these things have a stereo???? I have never heard one in any of the three Vipers I have had. I'm always listening to that wonderful exhaust music! Especially the popping and burbling on the downshifts is REAL music to my ears!
WOW.. and all this time...........

Congrats on your new ride!!
PBR

Couldn't agree more. Half the time I have the radio on I wind up finding it more annoying than the passing wind. My first viper was that exact car (except mine had the cognac interior and a LOT more miles! :D I'd suggest you use your first $ towards some basic mods before you invest in a new stereo. Looks like the HRE wheels (very expensive) are not the same size (F & R). Can't be sure from the photo, but if the rears are 19" (rather than 18") the car will not be as balanced as the factory setup.

IMO, hard to beat that color! Beautiful car! Best of luck with it....just put in some seat time before you play hard. :headbang:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations. Great looking car. Take it easy until you get to know the car. The Gen 2 cars can bite you real quick if you don't respect them. Speaking from experience here. I had a 98 RT/10 that bit me one day when I got careless.

Now join the club you won't regret it.

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper and I have just purchased a new Viper as well. Not sure about you but mine still scares the crap out of me. I didn't realize how fast the cars and still learning to drive it. I have a 2003 convertible with a Paxton supercharger, 19/20 PS2's, Hennessey front end, Hennessey hood, and a coupe back half to mention some of the upgrades. Actually not sure if all that is need with such an original car but figured can't hurt. be safe with your car while you are learning to drive it!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get NEW tires if they are older than 4-5 years (DOT number...):drive:
CONGRATS.:2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!!

Bought my 02 RT/10 from them unsean... GREAT guys(Mike Morton at the time) to deal with....

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pics to come this weekend hopefully.

Man what a nice car. I am amazed at how tame it can be when you want to drive normal. My wife almost said no to a Viper at all, until she saw how tame it could be when it's not being hot-rodded.

There is a lot of heat comming from it though. I know after market headers and exhaust should help this. That's gonna have to wait a while though :( until my finances rebound a little. For now I just open the hood and leave it out of the garage for a few hours, so the heat can escape. Of course I park another car behind it to block it in.

Anyone know how to change my screen name? VCA membership will come, but probably in a few weeks.

Thanks

Last edited:

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHHHH, the classic Viper. Nothing else like an RT/10.

It's God's gift to mankind. Nothing could be finer !

Awe, inspiring, looks, power...... that's the RT/10.

Good choice, by-the-way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62