Older Vipers holding value better?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a reason for the 2nd generation vipers are still selling for over 40k and it is possible to pick up a 3rd generation for under 40k? All vipers are built by hand correct? Could it be that the 2nd generation are in a way like a classic and won't continue to drop? In my opinion, first and second generation design were WAY ahead of its time. The third/fourth generation looks stunning and are my favorite, but with cars like the current generation Corvette coping styling cues from the Viper (Corvette owner saying this), does the similarity take away from either/both cars?

The reason I am asking is because I am not fan of depreciation, although I love the new Vipers, are the older ones going to have a better return value?

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the making of another what's my car worth thread? That will turn into another what's the best color thread?

Dude and Dudettes... Money goes in the bank, cars in the garage!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude and Dudettes... Money goes in the bank, cars in the garage!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

What's the world coming to when Dave makes SUCH GOOD SENSE! :D

And regarding the relative value of cars (of which I couldn't care less), make sure you're comparing comparable mileage when you try to determine general market value conditions, i.e., a Gen 1&2 with VERY LOW mileage (less than 5,000) tends to keep value. But any that are driven tend to be rather inexpensive in today's market. I don't think that's significantly different with Gen 3's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235