Conversion of ACR to ********

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly what carbon fiber covers you would need to convert an ACR to a ********? What am I missing? Yank out the stereo/nav., door speakers, sub woofer, hatch carpeting, metal battery cover. Anything else? Is there a "carbon fiber cover" kit one can purchase?

Yeah I know, the question you would ask is why not just order the ******** option to begin with. There were some optioned up cars that were sold awhile back below invoice. :beer:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:Anything else? Is there a "carbon fiber cover" kit one can purchase?" Looks like you pretty much covered everything.....I would be interested in getting the battery access cover in carbon fiber....that metal cover 1/8 of an inch from the positive/negative scares me.....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put 20 bags of concrete in the back and passenger side. THAT would be ******** and the only chance in **** I'd ever have a chance of keeping up with you. Are you doing Sebring this month?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could save alot of weight by taking out the passenger seat completely (even if only for track day) and swithing to a race battery. Some batteries are as low as weighing only 10 lbs. You would probably save more than the whole ******** package combined by just these two things, add those in addition to taking out the stereo / ac and then you'd really be light. However then your moving more away towards a road car and more towards a race only car.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:Anything else? Is there a "carbon fiber cover" kit one can purchase?" Looks like you pretty much covered everything.....I would be interested in getting the battery access cover in carbon fiber....that metal cover 1/8 of an inch from the positive/negative scares me.....
I'm not sure, but I think you should check out the electrical conductivity of carbon fiber before changing the battery cover.

OP
OP
M

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put 20 bags of concrete in the back and passenger side. THAT would be ******** and the only chance in **** I'd ever have a chance of keeping up with you. Are you doing Sebring this month?

I'm in Colorado now and probably won't make it back for any of the August Sebring events. I've missed all the Safe Motorsports events this year. How is the club doing?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is in the trunk area, you will see the plastic one when you pull out the carpet. It is a round cover that is close to 8" wide

You must be registered for see images attach

Good catch. Easy enough to remove the hood padding but where is the fuel pump access panel?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a race battery (very light but still powerful enough to crank the engine) that will fit in the OE location?

Also, the seat lowering kit saves a bunch of weight for the passenger side if you want to take a passenger with you at the track.

Dan

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about ditching the wiper blade assembly and the motor that works it. You could also lose the washer fluid tank. It's not like your going to be driving in the rain lol

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the ******** saved 40lbs over the regular ACR. The weight came from lack of stereo with delete panels, no hood pad and no rear carpet or air pump. I know the hood pad couldn't weigh too much but I think they wanted an even 40lb weight reduction.

Maybe it was just for marketing, I never missed the lack of the hood pad anyway.

No hood padding on a ********??? What did that save, 8oz? It hardly weighs anything.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it was just for marketing, I never missed the lack of the hood pad anyway.

I transferred mine to the new CF hood. Figured there must be a good reason for having it. Two big ground wires hanging off it. For radio interference most likely. No radio in a ******** so no need for the hood pad I guess.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I transferred mine to the new CF hood. Figured there must be a good reason for having it. Two big ground wires hanging off it. For radio interference most likely. No radio in a ******** so no need for the hood pad I guess.

Tell us more about the CF hood - looking for one myself.

Was it a Gen IV hood?

How did it mount?

What was the weight saving?

Where did you get it?

Cost?

Anything else?

Dan

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell us more about the CF hood - looking for one myself.

Was it a Gen IV hood?

How did it mount?

What was the weight saving?

Where did you get it?

Cost?

Anything else?

Dan

Sent you a PM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members