Man Cave starts (pics)

vipergirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG Dave....that is going to be an awesome garage when you're all done!! And I love your story on how you sold this whole idea to Amy (lol), you're quite the sweet talker. Would love to see this someday in person...maybe next year's Premier event?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not jealous, I am not jealous, not jealous one little bit, not even a tiny little .............................................................helllll yes, I yam jealous!!!! Unreal and alot of solid thought went into this Gearhead Garage and it is fantastic!:omg:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a sin, you have to jam your viper into such a small garage.. I guess you'll have to fold the mirrors in?

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VG - all visits at the premier weekend are welcome! Just brought home a 1939 Panel truck. won't go into the garage for a couple of years though.

DISCLAIMER - Amy was IMPRESSED with my speech but not FOOLED by it. I have to disclose that every time I tell my story.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a few pictures with my phone during the 11 inches of rain that we received in the last 48 hours. sorry they are not the best resolution.

How many VCA members does it take to fill a 22 foot bar?

You must be registered for see images

All the wood is Alder and the bar paint is Copperhead!

The display case is 6ft wide by 8ft high. The paint in the garage area is a medium tan, not green!

Ordered two lifts from SuperLifts (American steel). The owner of SuperLifts is my neighbor. I also started the design process on graphic cabinets from uniquegarage.com.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

16ft ceilings

view from the bar

view from the floor up to the copperhead bar

outside view

view back to the main house

front of the garage. no windows

fireplace is all done and covered up. hopefully it can get clear coated next week.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if you are interested in selling a copy of your plans.....
my wife would love this for sure.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you, how high are the garage doors, they seem to be about 8 feet high ? If so, were you planning on putting a trailer in this garage, I put my doors at 10 feet high, just for this reason just my $.02...good luck

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The doors are just 7ft high and for cars only. I kept them as low as I could so I could raise the doors straight up. I have a 5 car on the house and a 5 car shop for trailers / tractors and that kind of stuff.

Plans are always for sale (very cheap).

Probably won't have any new shots until the outside is complete and the tile is going in. Slow but sure.

Thanks for all of the great comments, this has been a fun build and I like looking at these sort of things so I thought I would share as well.
d.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PS - please tell Amy that for the next KC outing in your neck of the woods, that I will be sleeping in your garage. In fact, we may have the entire Club sleep in there, and party in there, and.............

heh, you didn't think we were going to let you build this just for yourself, ha!

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could put plenty of beds in between the cars and create a VCA bunk house!! We are all about having a party there but you will be the headlining comic. Bring lots of jokes about locking keys in your car, using a leaf blower to clean a rural highway....etc.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious. What is the plastic pipe for? Is it for exhaust fumes (you know, shoving a hose up the exhaust pipe so you can run engines inside the closed garage without asphyxiating yourself) or is it some sort of internal rain gutter?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dammit, that is a good idea but it is just simple drain tile. This is a 'show room' style garage that people (Bill Pemberton) will sleep in. I have two other garages for the messy stuff. We are pouting concrete on the patio today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PS --- the design flaw of the entire place is the bar. You asked how many Viper owners could fill it, and since we know half of them will be in a prone position, you can only fit 3 on top of the bar. Please expand to 24 ft, so we can have 4 6ft bodies laying end to end.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS --- the design flaw of the entire place is the bar. You asked how many Viper owners could fill it, and since we know half of them will be in a prone position, you can only fit 3 on top of the bar. Please expand to 24 ft, so we can have 4 6ft bodies laying end to end.

Maybe if you alternated male-female-male-female you could overlap and squeeze more on there. Just a thought.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need more drinks to ponder the schematics. There is room under the bar as well. We can fit lots of bodies in there.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly Sir, you have your priorities 100% straight and I commend you for it!:2tu:

V

Venomiss

After seeing this is in person pictures do not do it justice.
Simply stunning and it's not done yet.

Thank you to Dave & Amy for giving us the personal tour.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the fireplace. Tile has arrived in the USA and is ready to be put down. It is hard to put a shot of the 14 ** T5 lights that make it bright on the 2500 sqft floor. My big shop has 22 T5s on 6,000 sqft and is well lit. Not much else to report until it is complete. It will take 4 full days of concrete pours to get the approach and driveway poured.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My computer crashed during my last big update, I'll make these in multiple posts to avoid that this time.

Ok, tile finally got released from customs but came in the wrong color. Plan B - redesign the floor and start scrambling to file other tiles in the US that were from the same lot. It worked out ok, here is the new floor design starting to take shape.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the weather has slowed us and these subcontractors really don't seem motivated to actually work anymore after having been laid off for so long.

here is the indoor kitchen area