Man Cave starts (pics)

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started hanging some wall stuff and looking forward to getting the lifts in. My tile guy is getting tired of me counting sqft each day to measure his progress!

the ** T5s (6 bulb) really light up the floor nice

You must be registered for see images

it was a nice night for a test fire!!

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a shot of the granite in the outside cooking/bar area

the frames alternate between red and black. the black ones are on back order so that is why there are a few holes.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
testing out the night lighting

smoking the Thanksgiving turkey on the Big Green Egg

you can see the cabinet faces from Unique garage leaning against the wall

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the rear end of the Woodhouse Viper (signed by Bob Woodhouse) and the side of a Late Mod dirt car that was sponsored and signed by Jamie McMurray

I had this table frame made out of stainless steel tubing to resemble exhaust.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jan. 16th, 2010. We hired the singers from the Premier Event, bartenders, food prep so we can focus on having a good time.

V

Venomiss

Looks spectacular! Good idea on the tile design for the floor.

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude i dont know who you are but i think you should change your name to BIGFISH #1 because their aint no lill fish livin like that . God Bless Looks great good luck .

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important lesson: The owner of the previous company that I worked for called me that when I quit. Not sure why since I was a full blown programmer at 18, world wide director of IT at 25 and got to fire every boss I had there except for the VP. Anyway, we put he out of business and became the largest privately held Phase I clinical research in the world. His ego wouldn't allow him to realize that talent pool that was going to start jumping ship.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will continue pressing on with more plans for the garage. It must be done for future Viper events.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the latest update. The tile finally got laid down today. This means that I can put cars on the tile Jan. 1st, 2010!!!!!

Here is a pic of the general design. Pictures just don't do it justice. I'll send more when it is grouted and cleaned.

Here is the custom forged railing.

This is a boring photo for everyone but to quote a line from the movie "The Money Pit"....I HAVE STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!

This is a teaser photo.....................what could this be??????????

This is the custom painted snake skin garage door skin. The artist airbrushed it with candy apple red. A viper red logo will be put on top of it. The other doors will be painted with the theme of the vehicles in that stall.

That it is for this addition. I'm out of here until the 30th when more I can start on the garage again.

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas!

dave

V

Venomiss

Loving that garage door addition!

Happy Holidays and enjoy yourselves.:santa4:

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tile is done but the weather is keeping us from pouring the concrete drive!!!! I COULD put the cars in the garage but cant drive them there. I might start moving some on the trailer which will still be a mess with the mud.

Got the flat screen and stereo in. The cabinets really **** in quality and I have had no luck with customer service. I will post a flame on them when I take some more pics and get in the mood. Lets just say, I'm having the cabinets rebuilt locally..........

My KC friends are in the Man Cave

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visitors are always welcome, where do you think I get these ideas - (not from me).

I couldn't take it anymore - with bad weather moving in and the possibility of not getting cars in for a while, I moved them one at a time on a trailer to the concrete pad behind the garage and moved them in. 4 in and 4 to go. The cars really add to the garage. They are dirty so I can hopefully get them shined up tomorrow.

I need to move in two antique tractors which will be quite the task yet.

Here is the outdoor area lit up while I was cooking steaks tonight.

I have a weird collection. Here is a 1925 Model T, 1969 Chevelle SS (396), 2003 Viper

My 1969 Chevelle Talladega Nights Ricky Bobby Tribute car (the paint scheme was modeled after the famous racer - Smokey Yunick). It is a frame off resto with a 502 and amazing suspension.

Viper corner

Two lifts get installed on Monday and hopefully I can get my Impala in there and go get the tractors. Won't get a driveway until we get a break in the weather. I will be pushing hard since now I can't get the cars out until I have a driveway! :(

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important lesson: The owner of the previous company that I worked for called me that when I quit. Not sure why since I was a full blown programmer at 18, world wide director of IT at 25 and got to fire every boss I had there except for the VP. Anyway, we put he out of business and became the largest privately held Phase I clinical research in the world. His ego wouldn't allow him to realize that talent pool that was going to start jumping ship.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will continue pressing on with more plans for the garage. It must be done for future Viper events.

What does a Phase I clinical research company do?

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cougar and ME are on the race car in the movie, not the chevelle. My wife bought me a 'Karen' for the chevelle. Karen is the name of the cougar that was in the Chevelle in the movie. So Karen will ride with me when I cruise.

Phase I is pharmaceutical drug testing in healthy people prior to testing the drug in people with the condition. It is like running a research hospital 24/7 about 360 days a year.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the lifts fought us but we won. The snow storm started today so I moved in the Impala and the 1925 tractor during a snow storm and on the trailer. Barely got them in without incident.

Here is the lift setup

Here is a lift in action

I have to travel next week to get the other tractor and my offroad rig and do a LOT of cleaning. I don't think I dare ask Amy for a cleaning service............ Maybe I could invite a few friends over and give everyone a beer and a mop?

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got the approach cut in today. <5 degrees ( I measured with a digital guage), ACR should climb in there right??

Cars on the lifts

Here is the door panels getting installed

All buffed.

The view from above

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you build it, they will come....................................

that is all I can say right now.