Just became an Owner !!!!

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just this weekend, I finally became the owner of a 98 silver GTS :D

I have been looking for a long time, bugging all of the local Viper owners for information :dunno: Though I have never posted on here before I have spent many hours on this site learning about these cars. So thanks to everyone who unknowingly helped me make my decision to buy :)

I picked the car up from John Gastman at Roanoke Motors. John was awesome to deal with and I definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a car.

To date I have only owned old Mopars and actually sold a 'Cuda to buy this Viper. Hopefully the crappy weather moves on so I can get it out of the garage for some pictures and some fun driving :drive:

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congradulations!, I too became a new owner this past weekend. I do believe I drove that particular car about a month ago, was a one owner with a corsa and about 38k? If so that is a fantastic vehicle, very clean and extremely well kept. The folks at Roanoke are very friendly and I will be taking mine there for any large service that needs done.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness that is Viper ownership. ^ Both of you guys should get on the bus and join the VCA.....it has a lot to offer.

Mark :)

Oh, and lets see some pictures as well.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads!!! Love the silver color. I almost bought a silver '98 RT/10 back when I was first shopping but someone moved on it befor I did. Oh well...welcome to the family and make sure to join the VCA. We'll help yu get the most use out of your new baby as possible!!!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Congrats! Silver GTS is a beautiful Viper. Lets see some pictures of yours

These guys are right - join the VCA now that you have the Viper! I'm a relatively new owner too, and this summer the VCA here in NY/CT has given me a ton of chances to get out and use the car with a great group! And be prepared for the Viper overload the first time you drive in a pack of v10s - it's AWESOME!
check this shot from the "staging area" of yesterday's club event - we had about 25 Vipers (they're double parked on the left side of the picture too)
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
W

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Motivated and congrats to you on your new purchase as well. What Viper did you get?

The car I bought is the one you drove a month ago. Runs well and definitely a blast to drive. Has all the goodies I wanted.

OP
OP
W

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally we got the rain to go away so that I could get the car out for a few pics.

Attachments

• Viper Club 1 pic.jpg
    Viper Club 1 pic.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Viper Club 2 pic.jpg
    Viper Club 2 pic.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Viper Club 3 pic.jpg
    Viper Club 3 pic.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 21

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wedge500
Be carefull. The danger of viper ownership is you'll have too much fun for your own good. I'm surprised it isn't illegal, yet ;)

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wedge500
Be carefull. The danger of viper ownership is you'll have too much fun for your own good. I'm surprised it isn't illegal, yet ;)
Dont be surprised...Obama is working on taking away everyones fun.
Welcome Wedge Gen 2's Rock :2tu:

OP
OP
W

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome pic SlateEd. Looks like it was a blast.

I have done the long haul the last 3 years on the Hot Rod Power Tour with my old 'Cuda and its awesome cruising with a bunch of cool cars. Even cooler with them all being Vipers :2tu:

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up getting a '97 GTS in OK, Waiting for this rain to subside long enough for a good detail and pics, then will post them up. It has been a blast of a week and its only tuesday! Are you local to the Roanoke area?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Wedge & Motivated, you both have what most DREAM about, the ideal Viper: '97-'98 GTS!
BOTH of you: Private message your VIN #'s to the administrators to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER: lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean. THEN, upgrade by joining the VCA for your regions, call 1-800-998-1110/JRT-Viper HQ...join your regional VCA and get out there and enjoy the events!
When you have your VCA#, PM THAT to the same administrators to UPGRADE you fully to VCA MEMBER...THEN upload your car picture to an avatar~!!!! WELCOME to the both of you~~ENJOY!
~juli

OP
OP
W

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not in the Roanoke area, though I am only about 100 miles away in Bettendorf/Davenport Iowa.

Can't wait to see pics of your 97 and I hope the rain goes away for you as well so you can get out and run it.