Paint on brake booster- 01 GTS

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finish on the brake booster on my car is not good, and I am going to prep and paint it. Any idea on the color? It almost looks like a semigloss black???

martyb

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are correct is it a satin/semigloss black. There are a couple ways to tackle this. You can go the inexpensive route and go Krylon satin black. It looks perfect once applied. It is somewhat fragile in the sense that it isnt as durable as the factory coating.

The other route is is to go to Eastwood's on the net. They has a semigloss chassis black that looks great and is durable but much more expensive.

Steve A.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How difficult is it to remove the booster?? Haven't really looked at it yet, but that seems to be the correct way to do the job.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend the DupliColor Engine paint & primer. I had great results with it just by simply RTFM'ing. The paint is good to 500 degrees and available everywhere. So far it's held up fine on the catch can & mount and brass Tee. I plan on painting my master cylinder red with it.

Most brake boosters are held in by 4 nuts (studs coming out of the back of the break booster) on the inside of the car behind the brake pedal. You should have it out in about an hour (this allows ample time to consume 2 beers in the process - necessary to perform contorted maneuvers required for this endeavor).

Could always paint it the car color, hot pink, whatever you like!

Post pics!!!

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend the DupliColor Engine paint & primer. I had great results with it just by simply RTFM'ing. The paint is good to 500 degrees and available everywhere. So far it's held up fine on the catch can & mount and brass Tee. I plan on painting my master cylinder red with it.

Most brake boosters are held in by 4 nuts (studs coming out of the back of the break booster) on the inside of the car behind the brake pedal. You should have it out in about an hour (this allows ample time to consume 2 beers in the process - necessary to perform contorted maneuvers required for this endeavor).

Could always paint it the car color, hot pink, whatever you like!

Post pics!!!

The goose island is cold in the fridge:D. Four bolts, piece of cake. I have my project for the evening.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty,
Forgot to mention there is probably a cotter pin you'll have to get off to disconnect the brake pedal linkage from the brake booster "plunger". Hope that don't scare you off :lmao:

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotter pin might just put this out of my reach.