New Viper Owner

Fast With Class

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:question::question:This is going to sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I just purchased my first Viper, a 2006 convertible with less than 2,000 miles. Is there any truth to the rumor that you can cause frame damage to the Viper buy jacking up one side of the car? Since I don't have a lift yet, I wanted to raise the car six to seven inches off the ground to get a better look at the underneath and also change the oil etc. Any input would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

(I've found "roll-up" ramps that raise the car approximately 4" off the ground, I'm not convinced that 4" of lift is worth $450).

I'm planning on getting a lift in the future, it just hasn't made it to the top of my list of things to do yet.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats Fast! :2tu:

A lot of good info here on this site or feel free to call me anytime with questions if you'd like. :cool:
914-763-3136

Now join the VCA and E-mail your VIN# to one of our moderators to upgrade your status and get some pictures up or these guys wont leave you alone! :smirk:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, those ramps, flat stoppers, and extenders really look like they would save time, be convenient, and help with safety. I know, as I'm sure most of you do, what a pain in the backside it is everytime you need to get under the Viper, to jack and chalk. These would be foolproof for oil changes, antifreeze changes, and detailing the underside. Should be quick and easy once you figure the placement you need.:)

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those ramps are $135. You can buy alot of 2 x 10's for that coin. 16" increments are the key to get the Viper up in the air. Make the top tier 16", the next tier 32" and so on adding 16" each layer. I did 4 tiers and that's plenty for an oil change.

PBR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh